To another

LIQUID

I didn't believe them when they said that it was the end of the world.

I didn't believe that a fresh young blood like me was going to face such a cruel yet natural occurrence yet.

Just yet.

I was too young to have my breath taken away.

I still had dreams unfulfilled and regrets left to reflect on.

Most importantly, I still hadn't told him those words that he'd always wanted to hear.

It’s just too unfair.

---

Everyday I had the same scenes replayed in my mind.

People screaming. Vehicles crashing. Skyscrapers that are 1000 feet tall toppling over into ashes within minutes. There were fires up the skies and the clouds seemed to have turned grey and some were of a darker shade of black. I have never seen the clouds moved in such a rapid speed that my head spin when I witnessed the phenomenon. Behind those gloomy clouds were blood stained remains of the skies, as if it was being trampled upon before some notorious freak called homo-sapiens tore its delicate skins open and left it to bleed.

I shut my tired eyes, trying to get away from the reality that was before me.

"Jiho ah...wake up...please...wake up..." I heard my sweetheart sob.

Reluctantly I opened my eyes again. His glistering orbs that I’ll probably remember for the rest of my life (if I had any left) struck my head instantly, washing away the scary images from before, repainting them with the beautiful memories that we shared.

I searched for his lips, when i felt a sudden urge to kiss him for the last time.

He wasn't smiling like he always did and I felt warm droplets of his tears smudged against my cheeks, as if he was trying to clean off my blood stained jaws.

When he saw that it didn't work, he cried harder even though I couldn't hear him due to the chaotic surroundings. My vision didn't pay off either when it actually hurts to even blink because your eyeballs were practically dry.

"Jiho...remember this...I'll always love you..."

Then, he vanished along with the rest when the nuclear bomb landed, causing the earth beneath me to tremble, that unnerving silence that brought me back to reality.

---

Its warm.

Everywhere felt like it was the sunny summer where children came out to play and people of all ages flooded the beaches.

The warmth never left me since the day I lost my senses.

Maybe i still had my sense of touch.

Maybe.

But there was no guarantee that I am even alive.

It has been long though.

Too long to even think about yesterday.

---

"How have he been progressing?" A brown haired boy appeared through the teleportation system, it was the one and only way to enter the laboratory.

His fellow professors dropped their work and turned to greet him.

"He's progressing faster than we expected and the transplants were successful too," the leader of the research team reported before he and his team mates left.

The 20 year old genius took hasty big steps as he got close to the large liquid filled glass cylinder that holds his most precious discoveries yet.

He tried to slow down his two over excited feet but his efforts were in vain after all. He just couldn't stop getting so overjoyed when he visits his little "pet". All kinds of thrilling and anxieties gushed by him like a light breeze of autumn, making his body shudder in sheer bliss.

He pressed his palm against the warm glass. The temperature was prefect, suited for the pretty creature still asleep inside it.

"Are you still asleep, my little prince?" he whispered as he watched Jiho's hair waver at the ends.

He admired the young man, his little prince for a bit more before deciding to leave.
Even though Jiho was unconscious, the genius knew better than anyone else that no one would like to get stared at when they're sleeping.

'Wait'

He stopped turning his head and brought his eyes back to Jiho.

There is no doubt.

Jiho is starting to show signs of consciousness. The genius inched nearer to the cylinder, his whole face pressed onto the glass.

If his sight did not do him wrong, he saw bubbles escaping from Jiho's nose.

He watched intently for the next ten minutes or so, waiting for his little prince to open his eyes.

Then, ten minutes were up, and so was his patience.

Letting out a small sigh, he rested his forehead on the glass.

'Maybe they were right, he won't wake up no matter what I did...'

"maybe i should just giv--" the genius paused and widened his eyes when he looked up to find a pair of dark orbs watching him.

He stood there with his jaws hung wide opened.

'Konk'

He snapped out of his trance and saw his little prince ten times nearer to him. If it wasn't for the glass that was separating them, they'd be kissing already.

'Konk'

Jiho hits the glass wall with his fists, kicks it and even tried to push his body against it. But all failed and the glass was still as good as new.

'No, I can't give up. Kyung is outside and I need to save him'

Jiho tried to punch the glass again.

---

The genius bends over and started massaging Jiho's forehead and various nerve points.

The crease and folds on Jiho's face disappeared as he became gradually relaxed.

Then he opened his eyes again, this time he wasn't glaring.

Jiho stretched out his arm, his finger tip brushing against the cheeks that he remembered so clearly.

"Kyung..."

The other simply raised his brows in confusion.

"Kyung?" he repeated after his prince.

The fingers on his cheeks continued to travel along his jawline until a few reached his nape. Jiho glazed at the man with his glassy eyes, tears soon took over his clear vision and he quickly shuts them, getting rid of the tears, he was afraid that he won't be able to see his Kyungie again.

"Are you still in pain?"

Jiho shook his head, his fingers now at the corners of the others lips.

"Then why'd y—”

With tears still blurring his vision, Jiho pulled the other closer. Their lips met instantly, awaking his nightmares during the disaster. However, Jiho held it in and pressed closer to who he assumed to be his Kyungie.

He hoped so, at least.

---

"Thank you..." Jiho took a sip of the hot tea given to him.

The taste of it felt so unreal and unfamiliar, as though he hadn't been drinking it before

The genius bit on his lower lip, stood up and extended his arm. The hint of light pink still lingered around his cheeks.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Jaemin, nice to meet you."

Jiho nodded weakly, he was sure that the young man before him was Kyung.

Not Jaemin.

"Hi...I'm Woo Jiho..." he exchanged glances with Jaemin as he shook his hand.

"Woo Jiho? Jiho...Jiho...hmm...your name is pretty!" Jaemin beamed and smiled cutely.

Jiho was still trying to get his mind back to reality but soon realised that he was indeed breathing and living.

So he and Kyung survived the nuclear attack?

"Where's...Kyung?" Jiho grabbed the mug as he whispered.

The splitting image of Kyung, Jaemin placed a hand under his chin and thought for a long time before replying.

"If my memory doesn't fail me, you're the only one left...so..."

"only one?" Jiho nearly fell out of his chair.

This kid has got to be kidding him.

Jaemin realised that Jiho was still mentally and physically unstable so he dropped the topic and gave Jiho a hug, his mother always gave him a hug when she tried to console him.

And he followed suit.

"don't worry, you'll be fine staying here, it’s all over,"

---

Jiho moved in with Jaemin afterwards, he hadn't seen the outside yet since Jaemin knew a rather short shortcut called teleportation and Jiho took it as a joke.

The house was exactly like Jiho's but it was lacking the usual noises from the surroundings and his forever nagging lover.

Jaemin gave Jiho a gentle nudge to get his attention, his been staring too much lately.

"Sorry about that...i peeked into your memories for bit to find this so that you would be comfortable living here.”

"Peeked?" Jiho blinked.

Jaemin mentally slapped himself for not remembering that Jiho didn't belong to this era.

"I mean...just a little Haha...to make you feel like home," Jaemin bit onto his lower lip again, Jiho always knew that was what Kyung did when he's frustrated.

They are just too similar.

Too similar that Jiho can’t help but to fall for him over and over again.

---

Jaemin lived alone but Jiho never asked where his parents were, what he did and how old he was.

Those questions seemed to be meaningless as long as Jaemin returned home every night from ‘work’. Jiho assumed that he was a professor or something. He laughed when that thought of Kyung wearing that white coat and pouring chemicals into test tubes. Every now and then, Jiho would be reminded of the past and he still shivered in fear, but Jaemin would offer him a hug and everything would be all right.

That’s what he believed.

Jaemin did his best to make Jiho happy; he didn’t know why he did that. Jiho was just a test object that he managed to bring back from the planet that once existed. Nothing special, but his heart told him to chase after him and save the poor child.

 Every day was spend in agony as Jaemin struggled to find Jiho a new heart.

He embraced him in his arms, hoping that Jiho would at least make it till the new organ arrived. 

One night, Jaemin felt his mattress sinking and sleepily turned around. His prince was rubbing his eyes as he yawned softly, trying to be as quiet as possible.

“Jiho ah…” Jaemin called out as he ran the back of his hand along the smooth skin on Jiho’s neck, earning a slight whimper from him.

He reached his chin and titled it towards him.

“What are you doing here? Sneaking into my bed?” Jaemin winked when he saw the other blushing like a cherry.

Jiho searched for words but his tongue got tied up so he just leaned in to plant a kiss on Jaemin’s lips.

Like how Kyung would have reacted, Jaemin did the same, eyes widened as his ears got redder and redder.

“I wanna sleep together…” Jiho mumbled as he pushed himself closer to the frozen latter, still surprised from the kiss.

Jaemin swallowed uneasily and allowed Jiho to slide his arms around his sides, bodies pressed together.

Warm breathes hushed upon his bare chest when Jiho mumbled again.

"Kyung..." he thought that it was inaudible but Jaemin heard it.

Jaemin shuts his eyes tight and held Jiho close in his arms, he tried not to let his emotions to overwrite his quivering heart.

He tells himself that it was fine that Jiho doesn't love him for him.

He convinces himself that his love for the other is enough for two.


"Can...I...kiss you?" Jiho whispered before raising his head, cheeks painted with a light shade of pink.

Without answering, Jaemin leans in to a place where he always wanted to be. Having his own lips pressed against Jiho's soft and warm one. Hands moved on their own to the respective places where they should go. Fingers running through Jiho's blonde locks so naturally like it wasn't the first time.

Jiho's soft moans muffled under their kisses seemed to have excited Jaemin more as he pushes himself up from his position to hover over Jiho.

They pulled apart and Jaemin stares at the beautiful boy trapped between his arms.

Jiho's eyes looked as glassy as the first time they met, pale skin radiating a hint of baby pink glow. Jaemin lets himself get drown in Jiho's mesmerizing orbs.

Then he heard a low chuckle before snapping out of his trance.

"You're staring too much, I don't want a hole in my face," Jiho reached out to caress Jaemin's cheeks.

"Oh no that wouldn't be great," Jaemin pouts, earning another snicker from Jiho.

Jiho placed a finger over Jaemin's lips, using his other hand to guide Jaemin lower and lower until their lips met again.

In between kisses Jaemin heard some phrases like "you're just cheesy as him" and "we should kiss till tomorrow"

His brain cancels the things that he didn't want to hear and only allows the pleasurable ones to pass.

. And Jaemin lets him have his way.

They stayed together till late morning and it was settled that Jaemin's bed now belongs to Woo Jiho as well.

---

During the 3rd week, Jaemin finally allowed Jiho to go to work with him. There was one condition however, always listen to Jaemin.

"Yes yes pickle, I've got that" Jiho rolled his eyes.

"Pi-pickle?" Jaemin shot him a look.

Jiho avoided his gaze and grabbed onto his hand pulling them both into the teleportation machine.

For the rest of the day, Jaemin gets distracted easily as his mind gets infatauted with images of pickles in jars, fresh cucumbers and a cucumber garden.

"Why a pickle?" he muttered under his breath, stealing glances of his beloved prince.

Jiho was looking through the huge shelf of lab reports, thinking that he'd find some interesting things.

"Aye? Newspaper?" Jiho pulled out the flimsy piece of paper dusting off the thick layer of dust.

"Breaking news: Planet Earth destroyed by nuclear attacks" each word struck Jiho's heart like darts, slowly stabbing him to death.

He dropped the paper when he heard Jaemin.

"Jiho ah~ where are you?" his voice got nearer and louder.

Jaemin walked along the shelves searching for a familiar back but couldn't. He sighed and crossed his arms.

Bringing Jiho to work was a bad idea after all.

He was about to turn around when there was a shuffling of footsteps before someone hugged onto his back.

Jaemin immediately recognised the slender fingers that were wrapped around him.

"Jiho...what's wrong?" and Jaemin noticed a trembling Jiho trying hard to fight back his tears.

Jiho refused to answer and shook his head vaguely, he hid his face into the fabric of Jaemin's coat.

"...it’s okay Jiho...take a deep breath," Jaemin covered Jiho's hands with his own.

At a corner of his eye, Jaemin saw the article lying on the floor. He knew that he shouldn't have been so lazy to rearrange the reports.

That night was the worst ever, Jiho refused to eat his dinner despite continuous pleads from Jaemin, who was on his verge of mental breakdown.

The reason was simple, Jiho's body could give up on him at any time and the only way to deal with it was to stay healthy.

"Jiho ah..." Jaemin ran his hand down Jiho's shoulder to take his hand.

"Leave me alone..." the other didn't look back at him.

Jaemin tightened his grip on Jiho's hand as he pushed aside the cold bowl of food.

"Nope~ no way, I didn't bring you here to see you abusing your body, just tell me what's wrong and how do I get you to eat,"

Jiho hesitates for a moment before widening his jaws to whisper a low answer.

"I want...Kyungie..."

Jaemin hoped that he was deaf enough to avoid Jiho's request.

His heart was getting tired.

"It's impossible. He died that day," Jaemin regrets what he says afterwards.

Time after times he had successfully avoided Jiho's questions about the incidents which happened. He was able to protect Jiho from the harsh truth till now.

How disappointing.

He retreats his hand when he saw Jiho's trembling lips.

I'm sorry Jiho...

Jaemin leaves for the door. He didn't even use the teleportation machine even when he knew that the laboratory was more than far away from his house.

Now Jaemin knew that he shouldn't have left.

---

Jiho didn't eat after Jaemin left and he didn't take his medicine either.

Jaemin forgot that the time intervals in his own planet was half a day slower than Earth hours.

So when Jaemin returned home, Jiho wasn't there to greet him.

Panic and devastation flooded his whole being as Jaemin managed to drag his foot into the room where Jiho stayed in.

"Jiho...wake up...wake..." Jaemin collapsed beside Jiho's lifeless body as his tears fell from his eyes continuously.

"No...I'm not going to let you die..." Jaemin whispered as he carried Jiho in his arms.

---

"I'm afraid that we don't have any other options left," the doctor said as he flipped through the lists of heart donors.

"Not even one?" Jaemin grabbed the edge of the desk.

"I'm sorry but none of them matches Mr Woo's blood type and rib cage sizes" he passed the lists to Jaemin who stared blankly at the papers.

"What if mine matched?"

---

A/n: Hey there~! Hope you liked the first part~ second part will be the last part…which I am still working on…not much of time travel mentions here so I am sorry for that as well…maybe I will get rid of the tag soon?

sorry for the mistakes along the way~ /_\

Leave me a comment before you go~ ^w^ thanks.

-Mika♥

@ An69ie: haha! Such a coincidence! I didn’t know his name was Jaemin >o< lol sorry if you have a image of him with Jiho while reading XD haha. Thanks for anticipating~ :D hope the story was to your liking.