How long has it been Kyuhyun? 3 years?

Sing Me A Love Song

 

Saranghaeyo
Jeongmal hansungando byeonhami eobseoyo
Geudae eomneun binjarido
Saranghamyeo saragalkkeyo

 Han Ji walked along the academy’s dark corridor that led to the school’s gym. As she neared the said place, faint sounds grew louder and louder. She knew what was going on in there.

Bogosipgetjyo
Geugeon eojjeol su eopgetjyo
Hajiman himdeuljin anke halkkeyo
Handongan manhi apa ulda jichyeo
Geudareul chatgetjyo

There it was again. She stopped at the door and listened. She can’t get over it, the voice that was producing such great sound. She took a deep breath as her heart beat erratically.

She opened the door and went inside. She found her bestfriend, Kyuhyun, sitting on a wheelchair on the stage, his head hung low. Han Ji felt a sting on her heart that almost cut it in half. Her eyes started to get watery but she bit her lip to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall. She walked slowly, trying not to disturb him.

Kyuhyun lifted his head and sang.

Singyeong sseuji marayo na
Jamsippunil tenikka
Oh geuraeyo nan

"Babo gatji-- Han Ji," Kyuhyun croaked as he found his best friend looking at him intently.

"Were you listening to your voice again?" Kyuhyun nodded. Han Ji sighed and gave him a small smile as she approached him. Her brown, fox-like eyes gleamed in the dim light of the stage. Kyuhyun knew what those eyes were telling him and it was something that he didn't want people to feel for him. Something the makes him feel small.

"Don't pity me," Kyuhyun coldly muttered at Han Ji who just sighed. It pained him so much to know that someone pities him. The feeling doesn't actually make him stronger, it just pulls him down.

"I don't," Han Ji countered. "How long has it been Kyuhyun? 3 years?" she asked as she looked away and went to the stereo. She wiped the top of it gently, removing the dust that has accumulated.

Han Ji turned to Kyuhyun, her eyes were now glistening with tears. "It has been so long. When will you ever come ba--"

Kyuhyun cut Han Ji. "I'll never come back. The doctors. They could not do anything for me. This," he pointed to his throat, to where the vocal chords can be found, "This thing is useless. It can never be cured. Never." With those words, he cried.

Looking at Kyuhyun, Han Ji could feel nothing but heartbreak. This boy, whom she grew to love, never cried in front of anybody. She knew him ever since they were kids. Ever since she was still in her diapers while Kyuhyun was still drinking milk from his bottle. She knew that he released all his frustrations in front of his laptop just by playing Starcraft. She knew Kyuhyun thinks that telling someone his problems was pointless. And by that, Han Ji never knew what to do if Kyuhyun cries.

“I…I don’t know what to do Hannie,” Kyuhyun sobbed, his palms covering his face. “Will I just wait for my time? Or do things I would love to do before I’m gone? I don’t know.”

Kyuhyun sobbed harder. Han Ji could only look at him and for the first time in her life, she felt useless. “Oppa….” she whispered.

“Kim Han Ji, do you know how much time I have left?” Kyuhyun asked her as he looked up. Han Ji wanted to ask but felt all her courage seep down to her knees. All she could do now was look down to his feet, letting Kyuhyun tell her everything that she needed to know.

"I barely have 3 months left."

Han Ji finally broke down as she heard the news. She fell flat on her as she cried, her hands covering her delicate face. Kyuhyun merely sniffed and wheeled his way towards the girl. He forced himself to stand up and kneel beside her. He had to, he should be. All those times when Kyuhyun needed someone to understand himself, he had Han Ji. This time, he wanted Han Ji to have him. ONLY him.But his efforts weren't answered for he could only manage to sit awkwardly.

"Han Ji, stop crying okay?" Kyuhyun told her as he wiped the tears away. Han Ji could only nod in sadness. She doesn't want Kyuhyun to go. Not yet. Especially when there is still a certain feeling that she has been keeping to herself for quite a long time.

Kyuhyun lay down on Han Ji's lap. He caught the girl's wrist and put it on his head. Baffled, Han Ji tilted her head and cutely made her eyes big. "Hannie..." Kyuhyun muttered as he closed his eyes. Han Ji took a deep breath and sang.

Geureon jeul almyeon seodo
Eojjeol suga eobneyo
Geujeo geomoreubman ddeo-oreujyo
Do nuneul gamado dashi nuneul deodo
Ojikhan saram maneul saenggakhago ihtgi-e
Hansun gando jiulsu eobneun geumoseubeul
Nan geujeo nan geudaemaneul
Saenggakhajyo

Han Ji felt the sadness of the song as she sang that she didn't notice Kyuhyun shuffle from his usual place to his sitting position. As soon as she finished the song, the boy pecked her on the lips. She blushed as sweet tears fell down her cheeks. Kyuhyun kissed her cheek as to where the tears fell and wiped them away. 

No more words were exchanged between the two of them as Han Ji helped Kyuhyun got back to his wheelchair. The boy smiled, knowing the he has someone he loved behind his back.

Somehow, they both got the messages of their actuations towards each other.
 

 

A/N:

The lines that Kyuhyun sang (those in color green) was the song that he sang during a contest in which he garnered 3rd place. The title of the song is In Hyeong (Doll).

The song that Han Ji sang is Super Junior KRY's The One I Love