Too Late

Seven Years Gone By

“You don’t understand. I love you “ Kyuhyun panted resting his tired head on my shoulders. Beads of sweat falling carelessly down his rosy cheeks. “I saw everything Kyuhyun. Everything.” I slowly pulled myself away from his grasp but he quickly pulled me into a tight hug. A hug so familiar to me, so warm and comforting I could almost cry and forgive him for the act he committed. But I can’t. These arms were wrapped around another girl’s body. These lips resting peacefully on my head were used to kiss another girl’s mouth. His love was not mine from the start. It was not the girl’s either. It had always been locked away in Kyuhyun’s heart. A love I so desperately needed, a love I thought I had. But I was wrong, because it was never there in the first place.

 

“You don’t understand.” Kyuhyun whispered in my ear. “I love you not her.” His grip was getting tighter, his sign of saying he’ll never let go. “It’s to late for that now Kyuhyun. I gave you that chance, that one last chance, and you blew it.” I slowly unwrapped his sturdy arms from my body and rested them peacefully against his. I gave him a forced smile. He knew I was hurting inside but he can’t do anything about it because he was the one that was hurting me. “Kyuhyun-ah,” I looked deep with in his eyes, “When you become famous, I’ll support you and be your fan. But don’t always suspect that I have forgiven you. It will take more then just a song this time or a kiss. It’ll take time itself. Until that time is up I’ll say good bye…”

 

It’s been seven years since I last saw him, his eyes, his lips, and his beautiful smile. I smiled half-heartedly at the small television set resting peaceful atop my kitchen counter top. Kyuhyun appeared to sing his part. His voice so harmonious and angelic, memories came and went again. I sometimes ask myself if I still love him, other days I just completely forget. For it’s been seven years of no contact of greetings to one another. Seven years of not knowing time was up.