Finale

The Hope is Love

The next day, I woke up and hoped that yesterday wasn't a dream. I was really nervous. Sooyoung kissed me. And the fact that's she is not sick anymore enlightened me. Thinking about her makes me waver. I... think.. I want to marry her. No, nevermind.

 

I took a deep breath and went inside their house. I'm free to. I even know their password. I was surprised to see her in tshirt and pyjamas, playing with her pink PSP. She saw me. 

"Oh. Come on, I'm letting you to use the black one." She smiled and tapped the space on the sofa. Beside her.

"Ah. Good morning."  I said. My heart panicked. What if she's still not okay? I sat beside her and looked at her playing with a smile. Her eyes focused on the screen of the PSP. "Ya. Don't just look. I'm connecting..." She said. 

"Oh." I got the black PSP on the table. "What game?"

"Love Game." 

"What?" I looked at her. "Ya, Choi Sooyoung, everything that happened yesterday.. Was that.."

"A-niyoooooo." Sooyoung said with an aegyo and childish accent. She smiled. 

"Mwo?" 

"Siwon-ah. Did you think about the last words I told you? Yesterday? The last words I told you before I left?" She put down her PSP and faced me. 

"No." I straightly said.

"How about the reason why I kissed you?" 

"Ya. How can you just say those words when you know Changmin is also inside this house?!"

"Wae? We're going to get married anyway."

"But still." She suddeny grabbed both my hands, and put it on her both puffy cheeks.

"Siwon-ah, do you feel something? Tell me!!" She excitedly said while looking at me, smiling, almost chuckling.

I didn't know what to do. My hands brushed into her cheeks for almost 20 seconds when I realized she was telling me something.

"Ya, you're spacing out. You must've felt something, then." She said, and forcefully removed my hands on her cheeks.

"I didn't feel anything."

"Aish. Your hands were wet." She got some tissue from her pouch and wiped it on her cheeks.

"Sooyoung-ah, is that really you?"

"Eh?"

"Yesterday, you were 12 years old, now you're acting like 18 or something. Or maybe younger."

"Ya, I became 23 yesterday, before going home. The time when I kissed you? I was 23 that time."

She mentioned the kissing again.

"Why did you do that?"

"Hm. Being 23 years old is a mess. I need to patch things up. That's why."

"Huh? I don't get you."

"I don't care, human." She  smiled and suddenly kissed my left cheek. "How about that? Did you feel something already?"

"Ya, what did you just do??" I panicked and touched my cheek.

"I kissed you, idiot." She said and moved closer to me. "How about..............." she muttered.

"Don't you dare on surprise kissing me." I warned her.

"Ahhh. So you like those kinds..."

"Choi Sooyoung, you're a girl and I must be the ones telling those things, and most of all, you're just 12 years old, and is supposed to be playing with other kids or maybe playing with your PSP, not talking to a matured guy like me." I told her and stood up. I sounded like I'm angry. I must be.

"I'm already 23 years old." She quietly said.

"Of course' you're not."

"I.. I'm an adopted child. When I got into that accident, I wasn't really ill, but I had a temporary amnesia. Everyone took good care of me, very very well. Before, I envy Sulli, because everyone's attention was hers, I was left alone. If I'm not the 12-year old Sooyoung now, I must be in US now, alone.. and won't be able to marry Choi Siwon." She said. "My parents won't let me live alone if I'm sick right? I did that for myself, just in case I'll be lonely alone, and be far from you."

I know that she's an adopted child, but she never mentioned that again, since we were young.

"I told you before. But you seemed not to remember."  She continued.

"Siwon-ah, I'll be going to US next month. You won't like that right? What should I do?"

"Choi Siwon, I must be crazy, but do you think I must be like Hwang An Ji?" - Hwang An Ji. She was a popular drama character when we were young. She was 18 years old, but her mind capacity was for a 7 years old only.

"Ah, Choi Siwon, you must be really busy playing with your PSP. I must do that, right? I want to be with you. Your attention is my lifestyle. I don't want to be alone, you know that right? If we could play forever, then I will like that. Can you act like Hwang An Ji, too? I'll surely do that if I have the chance. Will Choi Siwon do that for me, too? So we could play forever? And be together forever?" 

"Choi Siwon, I want to be with you forever. Can't you have the same fate I have?"

"Ya, Siwon-ah. Don't you know? I'm dreaming of being an actress someday. But you just want to be a baseball player, right? My dream is really far from yours and we couldn't be togther. Don't you think that we should just play and play? I can do things like that, you know. Being an actress is my dream, but Choi Siwon is my fate."

"Okay, if I'll be able to beat you in that game, you'll listen to me right? Okay, then let's do it!"

"You can remember now ?" Sooyoung broke my silence. "I knew it. You're such a pabo." 

"Mian, for not listening to you." I said. "But just bec..."

Sooyoung suddenly planted a peck on my lips. "Ishhh. You don't need to explain, Mr." 

"What did you just do?"

"I kissed you. Again. Wae?"

"Have some manners."

"Ya, how dare you say things like that when you just said sorry to me?"

"Sorry."

"Choi Siwon, do you love me?"

I paused for a while. "Of course not."

"Oh. So, do you like me?" She was speaking like an 8 year old asking some questions.

"A bit?"

She chuckled. "Jinjja? Me, too. I like Choi Siwon, who let himself get kissed by a very beautiful girl. Just now. I seriously don't love him." 

"So?" I sarcastically said. 

"Since when did you like me?"

"Just a while ago. And a bit of yesterday. It was really detailed."

"I liked Choi Siwon since we were young. I don't think he could beat that."

"But I'm going to ask Choi Sooyoung to marry me now. I don't think she expected that."

"Aish, how can you marry someone you don't love?"

"I know. But this must be the first time in the family, that one's going to marry someone he likes. I'm Choi Siwon. I've known Choi Sooyoung since she was born. I don't love her. But  I like her. It must be awkward. Will she marry me?"

"Yes.."