The Day We Meet Again

Footprints in the Sand

Your POV

 

Today may be my last day here in Seoul. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving and I'm not sure if I'll even come back.

I just want to visit that place one last time.  The place where we first met.

 

Walking by myself along the shore. My footsteps pressing in the sand. And the waves, it feels like they're welcoming me, but at the same time, saying good bye.

 

 

 

Bias POV

 

It's a wonderful day today. The weather is real good. A perfect time for a walk.

So, I did.

 

 

I walked and walked, then I realized something. My feet led me to this place, where we first met.

I just continued walking along the shore.

I remember back then, whenever I'd walk here, there were two sets of footprints.

But now, it's only one.

 

I need to move on, that's what I kept telling myself for the past months, but I can't.

A few more steps, then I noticed another set of incomplete footsteps . Some were erased by the waves that would rush into the shore.

Wierd, it's also heading to the way where these feet of mine are leading me.

 

 

 

Your POV

 

As I walk here, the memories started to flood my mind.

Our first date.

Our first kiss.

And when we ended things.

It's been six months.

I guess they're all just mere memories from the past now.

 

I sat down near a pile of rocks. 

Skipping stones.. that's what he taught me, it's also the reason how we met.

2 skips.

3 skips.

4 skips

"You're getting better" a deep familiar voice said.

I turned around and there he was. Standing right in front of me.

I'm having the urge of hugging him, for all the times I cried myself to sleep, and days when I didn't know were I should lead my life to.

Because all the plans we made for OUR future disappeared.

 

"It's been a while" I finally snapped out of my reverie when he finally spoke again.

"uhmm.. ah.. yeah.. i guess?"god! why am I stattering?!

"Are you okay?" he took a few steps closer.

"Of course! But a little stressed out."

"Stressed? so what've you been up to?" we started walking together. how much i missed doing this.

"the usual, work, chores, and clearing my apartment."

"clearing your apartment? are you moving?"

"yes. something like that."

"Do you, like, need any help or something?"

"No thanks, I don't really think you can"

"I insist. plus, I'm not doing anythi--"

"I'm moving overseas." I cut him off. he'll find out sooner or later anyways.

"over.. seas?" his voice trailed off.

"I found a good paying job in the US. My parents said it's up to me if I take it."

"I guess that's good." he said, a bit sounding hesitant.

 

 

"Will you be coming back here?"

"Here?"

"In Seoul" he quickly answered.

"I don't know. My parents are, soon, migrating to the States, too. So I guess there's nothing more for me to come back to."

he suddenly stopped his tracks causing me to stop as well.

"what if I give you a reason to return?"

"huh?"

"what if I asked you to marry me?" 

 

that surely surprised me. one, because we're not even a couple anymore.

and two..

I can't think of another reason. My mind is in a blur right at this moment.

we broke up about six months ago because we were so indulged in working that we could no longer see each other.

I was working the graveyard shift, while him, day shift.

whenever we wanted to call each other, we'd know the other one would be asleep. so, we just did otherwise.

 

then, he started speaking again.

"i know we broke up, but it wasn't because we fell out of love. it was because of our way of everyday life. Some said it was a stupid reason to break up, I told them they didn't understand.."

"It was like living in two different worlds" i continued.

"exactly. we weren't able to communicate for the past six months. Six months of thinking if you were okay. six months of wondering if you were living happily without me. And six months of wishing if this day would come."

His words! I could feel the sincerity of it.

 

"Look, I'm really sorry for everything. But, I think, it's too late now. I'm leaving tomorrow!" I started to walk away.

I could feel tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

As much as I wanted t accept it, I just really couldn't think straight right now. Things are happening too fast.

I feel happy, yet, sad at the same time.

 

Before I could go a step farther, he grabbed my hand.

"Look, if I was too late, I wouldn't have the chance to do this."

He, then, knelt down on one knee, opened his wallet, and picked out the engagement ring he bought three days before we separated.

 

"To the most perfect girl I know, the person whom I only love, (your name), would you do the honor of marryingme? and spending your lifetime with an arrogant bastard?"

I chuckled. he's actually  right. he IS an arrogant bastard.

"what's so funny? a moment ago you were crying. now you're laughing. have you gone insane while i was away?"

"yah. what question would you want me to answer? the first? or second?"

"oh right. Will you?" he extended his hands, which were holding the ring, towards me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yes"

A quiet but sure answer.