Introducing the Competitors

Living in the Past

 

Tikal, Maya – DAY 1

            “I still can't believe she's making you do this.”

            The dark brown brunette rolled her eyes, scoffed, and continued,” Like seriously, shouldn't this be something for your brother to do.”

            The blond girl smirked,” I guess it's cause I'm more capable than my brother. And the games are coming up soon. Might as well get stronger while waiting.”

            A few seconds passed before the brunette burst out into laughter,” Oh my god, seriously? You're practically the strongest in our village.”

            The older girl, the blond, raised an eyebrow,” But we're just one village, there's a bunch out there in Tikal. And there's more than one city, you know.”

            “Right. You do know that Tikal's the largest, most powerful, and strongest city out there right?”

            “There could be more people out there. Who knows. There's going to be people from other places competing too. I heard that Italy is sending several groups. All the best from different city-states. And the Roman Empire's sending out like ten.”

            “Seriously? You worry too much.”

            The blond girl rolled her eyes,” God, like you'd understand.”

            The brunette smiled,” Well that's why I'm here.”

            The older girl grinned,” Right, right. Now let's hurry up before my mom gets mad at us for being so slow.”

 

Constantinople, Roman Empire – DAY 1

            “Dude, hurry up. We're going to be late.”

            A tall male stood next to his best friend, who was much, much shorter than him. The short male said,” Yeah, wait. It's not like mother's going to kill me just for being late.”

            The older and taller male snorted,” Right. You said that last time. But this is important, Sungmin! We have to go if we want to compete in the games.”

            Sungmin shrugged,” Oh well. Let them wait. If they don't want to let me, obviously the best candidate, to play, then I don't care.”

            He stared at Sungmin in disbelief,” So arrogant. Geez. How does your girl ever put up with you?”

            Sungmin gave the older male a lopsided smile,” She just does.”

 

Florence, Italy – DAY 1

            “Psh, you're so arrogant. How could your dad ever be the ruler?”

            A red haired girl merely rolled her eyes,” Okay. I don't care. Shut up. Just leave me alone.”

            The group of blond girls crowded around her,” We can't unless you prove you really are the daughter of the Florence ruler.”

            The tall girl sighed,” How long is this going to take. I have a meeting to attend to.”

            A few cackles erupted from the girls,” Stop talking so formally. Your meeting is probably just a job or something. I bet you aren't even from the middle-class family.”

            She narrowed her eyes sharply,” What!? Excuse me!?”

            Before the red haired girl could explode, a honk interrupted them. A black limo was parked in front of the school gates. A brown haired male with sunglasses and a suit stepped out. He waved the red haired girl towards the car. She smirked at the blond girls,” Proof enough?”

            She trotted towards the car and purposefully slammed the car door shut,” Sheesh, these girls are becoming a pain in the .”

            Her bodyguard glanced towards her,” Miss Park. The meeting begins in an hour. Brace yourself. Competition will be harsh. We will be flying over towards Greece in a few minutes, where the meeting is held.”

 

Athens, Greece – DAY 1

            Girls screamed as he jogged on the track. He was damn tired, but he kept going. He was on his twenty-fourth lap. Just one more and he would be done for the day.

            He was training for the games, which would take place in a few days. He had to concentrate to win for his family, his city, and his country. He had to win against big cities like Tikal, Copan, Palenque,  Patras, Volos, Constantinople, Florence, Venice, and more.

            His head was bursting from all the cities running through his head, and before he knew it, he had finished his final lap.

            He panted and received a few gifts from his fan-girls screaming his name.

            A tall, brown-haired girl with long hair tied in a ponytail walked up to him. She was his personal bodyguard. She had shades on and spoke with an authoritative voice,” Young Master Lee, it is time to go. The meeting will start in a few minutes. Mr. Lee is expecting you to be on time.”

            He nodded his head and headed towards the showers. His fan-girls were still screaming his name.

            “L.Joe! Lee Byunghun!”

 

Tenochtitlan, Aztec – DAY 1

            “Oh. My. God.”

            A little girls eyes widened as she watched the older females quick movements and sharp motions. She had been watching her sister for quite a while, and was still pretty amazed. The other girl came up to her sister,” Nothing to be surprised of, this will be you in a couple of years.”

            The younger girl gave her a hard smile,” No it won't, I won't participate in the games.”

            The older girl raised her eyebrow,” What? YOU WON'T!?”

            “I won't. I don't get why you're being trained for the games even though it's pretty obvious we're going to lose.”

            “Don't say that! You don't know yet!”

            The older girl huffed and strode off.

 

Cuzco, Inca – DAY 1

            A petite, but beautiful girl stood in front of her mirror. She twirled once, twice, and once more. She placed a finger upon her chin,” Hmm, which dress should I wear?”

            She pouted slightly, but then thought against it,” Oh well. I guess I’ll wear this. Maybe I’ll go find Mi for her advice.”

            The small girl stood up daintily and curtsied to herself and walked out of her room. She greeted the slaves around the house and skipped out.

            “Today’s going to be an awesome day. The games are starting. Daddy’s going to be proud of me, because I’ll win this for him.”

 

The Meeting – ATHENS, GREECE

            Many heads filed into the big meeting room in Athens, Greece. It had been chosen to hold the meeting since it was in the middle of all the cities. Competitors from each city had also came, and filed in behind their ruler.

            At the head of the meeting, was the ruler of Athens, who was also L.Joe's father.

            More and more rulers and competitors entered the meeting room, until it was completely filled. Rulers from each city went up and shook hands with each other, signifying peace among them all. Groups from the same country usually stuck together.

            The last competitor to arrive was a short, yet good looking, boy from Constantinople. The ruler from Constantinople sighed deeply, and the short boy smirked. He walked towards the back and sat down on one of the seats behind his father.

            The meeting then began.

            They discussed about days, and how the competitors would do at school and requirements involved in competing.

            Questions were asked and then the meeting was finished. After this would be the most vital part of the games. Socializing with the other cities.