EXO Goes Ninja

I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend

 

“So… Where to?” Luhan asked while driving. “Movies, remember?”

“Oh, right! But can we eat first? I’m hungry!” he added. “S-Sure…”

You can’t help but stare to the stranger by your side. His face was glowing and calm. You find it odd that somehow he has that “EXO” aura. Like he could totally fit in there group. His stance, the way he talks, moves, everything about him screams EXO. ‘Nah! That’s impossible. For one, he’s Chinese and a foreigner. He is so not them!’ you thought.

Luhan can already feel your stare pierce through his face. “You can take a picture if you want, it lasts longer.”

Your jaw instantly dropped. ‘I might just take it back. The arrogance just gave it away. Pft!’ and looked away. “You remind me of my friends for being cocky!”

“The jealous ones? Please!” he smirked.

You then noticed that you’re drifting away from the city. “Where are we going?”

“Eating, remember?”

“Ahh touché! I know, but where?” you asked again while looking out the window.

“I just happen to know the best place in town.” he smiled.

“You’re not some kind of Chinese mafia, who kidnaps girls and sells them off somewhere, are you?”

His jaw dropped this time. “Excuse me? Do I look one? Besides, if I do kidnap you, I would never earn a single cent from you.”

“!” you crossed your arms on your chest and pouted.

‘She’s cute and funny. I like her!’ he thought and pinched your cheek after. “Aigoooo~”

The drive took a little longer and EXO started to worry. Kris who rode with Suho kept looking around. “Where is he taking her?”

“Chill brah, we’ll know once we get there.” Suho kept distance from the red sportscar but have his eyes glued on it.

Luhan eventually stopped in front a fine dining restaurant nestled by the coast. He stepped out of the car and opened the door for you. Your eyes enjoyed the breathtaking view of the waves and glittery sands. “Wow, it’s beautiful out here. How did you know about this place?”

He stood beside you and watched the view as well. “Some friends brought me once and I fell in love with it right away.”

Four black cars stopped in a corner and the boys jumped out of it. “That jerk! I shouldn’t have brought him here! He’s now using it to swoon Sunmi. Ugh!” Chanyeol scoffed while they hid behind Suho’s car.

“Look! They’re going in. Let’s go!” DO moved and tiptoed his way behind Luhan’s car.

Just as you and Luhan are about to enter the restaurant, you hesitated upon seeing the formally dressed diners. “Can we eat somewhere else?”

“Wae yo?” he then saw you stooping your head and tapping the tip of your snickers on the ground while gripping the hem of your pleated skirt. “Ahhh… You look great, okay? We’re here to eat which is all that matters.”

Luhan took your wrist and pulled you into the restaurant.

“Did you see that? He held her hand! Dude, it took me forever to even touch her hair and he did it in just an hour… Waaaa!” Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Calm down! Tsk!” Baekhyun hissed.

“I got an idea! Follow me!” Kai blurted and moved to the back of the restaurant into the kitchen.

The maitre de approached Luhan after entering. “Table for how many?”

“Two please!” he replied. “Over here, sir!”

Luhan carefully tugged you while looking at the lavish decorations. Low lighting that is very romantic, tasteful artwork on the walls, fresh flowers in every table, and linen tablecloths and napkins. He pulled out the chair for you and you took a seat. “Thanks…” he smiled and went to the chair across you.

The waiter handed the menu after. ‘What the are these? I can’t even speak French much less read it.’

Luhan noticed you having trouble ordering so he transferred to the chair beside you. “This right here is fish sautéed in veggies…” he leaned closer as he explains every dish. You can feel his warm breath over your neck. His perfume lingered on your nostrils while his arm is on the back rest of your chair.

EXO popped their heads out of the kitchen door and watched. “You are so dead, Luhan! URRGH!” Kris fumed.

The waiter cleared his throat as he was about to come out of the kitchen. The boys moved but Kai blocked him. “Are these their drinks?” he pointed at Luhan’s table. “Yes…”

He grabbed a salt shaker and poured everything in one of the glass. “Make sure you give this to him, okay?”

“But…” then Kai slipped crisp paper bills on his pocket. “Will do, sir!” and the boys high fived.

They watched eagerly while the waiter handed Luhan the salted drink.

“I’ll have the Herbs de Provençe crusted Colorado Lamb Rack while she’s having Pan Roasted Gulf Red Snapper.” he ordered. “Right away, sir!”

After the waiter left, Luhan took a sip and immediately sprayed the centerpiece with his mouth.

“PWAHAHAHA!!!” the boys busted out laughing.

“What’s wrong?” you asked Luhan. “The drink is salty! Blech!”

“Awwww~ Come here…” you took a napkin and wiped the dripping water off his chin. “Here… Have my drink instead. Are you okay?”

“Mhmm!” Luhan smiled and your hair. ‘Girls like you are my weakness…’

EXO’s face fell and huddled in the kitchen. “Bastard! Pft!” Baekhyun scoffed.

“Hyung! Let’s eat dinner as well. I’m hungry already.” DO told Suho.

“Yeah, me too. Let’s find a table near them… *sigh* I have so much respect for ninja’s right now.” he snickered.

They stealthily moved one by one into the dining hall and sat in pairs surrounding Luhan and Sunmi’s table. Tall plants in huge vases hid their faces and would sometimes use the menu as props.

Kris and Baekhyun who sat nearest them where craning their necks just to hear their conversation.

“So… You’re Chinese, right?” you asked and he nodded. “What are you doing here then? How did you meet Jiyong oppa?’

“I’m an exchange student and a freshman in Yonsei University. I met hyung in a club two years ago when I visited Korea and we just cliqued right away.”

“Cool… Why haven’t I seen you if you’ve known each other that long?”

“Coz I had to go back to China to finish high school and here I am again for college.”

The conversation continued until the food came. You started to like Luhan’s personality. He was a bit cocky but you got used it given your exposure to EXO.

“Tell me about yourself! Ermm… About your ‘jealous’ friends?” he chuckled making Baekhyun and Kris more interested. If only they could turn themselves into giraffes, they would. Baekhyun even dared to just appear in front of them but Kris stopped him. All he could do is lean all the way back with the chair tilting on two legs.

“They may be the jealous type but I love them to death…” you said making Kris’ heart flutter while Kai who was with Suho couldn’t help but smile. “They helped me in so many ways and I’m extremely thankful for that. I wouldn’t trade them for the world!” you smiled.

Luhan then took your hand. “Can you still make room, for me?” he asked.

“I’ll think about it…” you teased and he sighed. “I’m just kidding! If Jiyong oppa accepted you, then that’s enough for me.”

They suddenly heard a loud thud on the floor. “What was that?” you asked.

You and Luhan looked around and saw some guys with menus on their faces surrounded by silence. You turned to him and he just shrugged at you.

After they continued talking, Kris ducked beside Baekhyun who was rubbing his after falling from the chair. “Gwenchana?” he asked.

“Do I look like I’m okay? , my hurts! God, I hate you Luhan!” he hissed making Kris snicker.

Luhan spoke after checking his watch. “I think we should head back to the city to catch the movie.” he added. “Okay…”

He snapped his fingers and handed his platinum card to the waiter after he came. Kai also called the same waiter. “Please include our meal on his tab. He’s our friend and his treating us tonight.” he and Suho chuckled after.

“I understand.” then the waiter left.