Is It Too Late?

Hanarete Itemo (Even If We're Apart )

 

This is dedicated to evil_mandy! She was the one who inspired me to write my own Junsu oneshot.^^
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Your POV
 
I looked in the mirror at my dolled-up self. 
A flowy lilac dress, flowers at hand, and my long hair teased in loose curls. 
I sat in the dressing room alone, just thinking…
 
How different would this feel, if it was HIM?
If he had been the groom, waiting at the altar for me, the bride?
And flanked at his sides, his brother Junhyeon and his other grinning ‘brothers’, as groomsmen? 
 
I smiled sadly to myself. 
 
There was a very low chance that I might even meet them again, let alone have something more.
But I couldn’t dwell on it much longer.
It is almost time for me to walk into that church…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
2PM’s POV
 
“Soooooooo….. Where to guys?”
 
“I dunno… where to begin? It’s been our first break since… A long time.”
 
“Yah, it hasn’t been THAT long hareoboji! We had a break about….-  OK, you’re right. It HAS been a long time…”
 
“HYUNG HYUNG! ICE CREAM!”
 
“Yah, maknae…”
 
“You know what? Maybe Chansung has a point… Let’s start the day by cooling off with some ice cream, ne?”
 
 
At those words, everyone sprinted to the nearest ice cream shop with glee.
 
Upon entering the shop, everyone went crazy with choosing their ice creams and ogling at the flavours like little boys in a candy store.
 
 
Everyone except Junsu.
 
 
He let everyone rush in ahead of him, while he stood at the doorway a few moments longer, taking in his surroundings.
His eyes automatically searched for the table that brought back the bittersweet memories; the table at the corner of the shop, almost secluded from the other tables.
 
Junsu felt a pang in his heart when he found it, and immediately his thoughts went to HER.
 
She had been appointed as their temporary choreographer, but she became more than that. Not just to Junsu, but to all the other members as well. She became their best friend; their sister whom everyone was overprotective of.
 
And in Junsu's case, his (not-so-secret) crush.
 
Everyone else in 2PM knew of his very obvious crush, but Junsu denied it to everyone, even himself. She was just a sister that he was VERY protective of, he had said.
 
But ever since she left, it had been killing him inside that he never attempted to spend more time with her.  They all had her phone number; Junsu even remembered it by heart. But he had been too cowardly to give her a call or even text her.
 
Truth was, he was afraid.
 
Afraid that if he got any closer to her, he wouldn't be able to stop himself. He wouldn't be able to stop himself from falling even deeper for her, beyond his crush.
 
That table in the corner had been where 2PM had gathered with her on her last day as their choreographer.
 
He remembered it very clearly.
 
Everyone had been slapping ice cream on each other's faces more than they were eating it.
 
 
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
 
"And a 1, 2, 3, 4, and flip and hold...- You're shaking, Junho-ah." 
 
Junho shifted, struggling to hold his body weight up. you walked up to Junho, and holding his torso, helped lift the boy up a little higher off the ground so he could balance better.
 
"Komawo noona!" His voice was strained from the pressure of holding his weight up on his shoulders, but he still managed a smile.
 
you smiled, and walked back to the front. Everyone was still holding their positions, and some were already fidgeting because of how uncomfortable it was getting.
 
Junsu, especially, had a scowl on his face. 
 
"I know it's hard, guys. But you need to get your balance!" said you, walking back up to the front.
 
Taecyeon, who was beside Junsu, gave Junsu a little nudge with his leg, and Junsu lost his balance and crashed on the floor.
 
"Yah, Ok Taecyeon!" cursed Junsu, as everyone abandoned their positions and went to the fallen grandpa.
 
Junsu swatted all their meddling hands, asking if he was okay. "Ya... yah! I'm fine! Ya.. YAH, I'm not hurt THERE!"
 
"Noona, I think Junsu hurt his shoulder..." Taecyeon called.
 
"No, it doesn't hurt, Taecyeon you bastard..." Junsu hissed.
 
you went up to Junsu, concerned. She massaged the shoulder he had been standing on.
 
"Does it hurt?"
 
Junsu immediately put on his pouty face. "A little bit..."
 
you massaged his shoulder, pulling his shirt out a little to see if there was any swelling.
 
"It looks slightly red, but you should be fine," she smiled, and kissed his shoulder for good measure.
 
"Better?" she asked, laughing.
 
Junsu nodded, grinning stupidly, causing everyone else to laugh.
 
"Noona, no fair.. I want a massage too..."
 
"Noona, I think my shoulder hurts too.."
 
Junsu smacked Chansung and Nickhun upside their heads. "Yah! Don't take advantage of her!"
 
"Aniya, Junsu ya.. It's fine.. " you laughed, ruflfing his hair.  Then she turned to Chansung and Nickhun. "You guys want massages too?"
 
Everyone nodded almost immediately. you looked at them, and then went to pinch everyone at their sides. "You want massage? I'll give you massage!"
 
Everyone jumped, laughed, and whined.
 
"Ah! Noona yaaaa~~~~~"
 
"Apa noonaaaa.... "
 
 
"Alright, alright, let's call it a day... Any of you babies up for ice cream?" you asked, earning her whoops and cheers from the boys.
 
 
*END FLASHBACK*
 
 
 
Junsu sighed. He reached into his pocket, pulled out his cellphone and unconsciously started browsing his phonebook.
 
His fingers hovered over you's name, hesitant.
 
 
"You still have the hots for her, don't you?"
 
 
Junsu jumped at Taecyeon's voice.
 
"Want some?" Taecyeon offered his ice cream.
 
Junsu shook his head. "And no, I do not...-"
 
 
"Buddy," Taecyeon interrupted, swinging his arms around Junsu, "you at lying, you know that?"
 
Junsu narrowed his eyes, but before he had a chance to respond, Nickhun joined them.
 
 
"What are you guys talking about?"
 
"Our dear Junsu here is still in love with you-ah." Taecyeon explained. 
 
"Ahh, you-ah.. She's actually nearby here, but..."
 
"She's HERE??" Junsu interrupted, his eyes big.
 
"NEAR here, boy, weren't you listening? But... she's kinda.. well, at church."
 
 
"Church?" asked Junsu, confused, squinting at Nickhun.
 
"Yeah... for a ceremony... involving flowers.. and an altar..." Nickhun broke off, seeing Junsu's expression.
 
 
Junsu's eyes had gone wide, his face livid. 
 
"What.. How did you... How?"
 
"The church is two blocks away. Just...-"
 
But before Nickhun could finish, Junsu was out the door.
 
 
So many things were running through his mind at that moment. He would like to stop her, of course, but he knew that that might as well be near impossible. But he had to at least let her know how he feels, even if it would be too late.
 
He hailed a cab, and fidgeted the entire way. He was nervous, he was excited. He was excited to be able to see you again, but the circumstances were... unfortunate.
 
When they arrived at the church, Junsu practically threw the money at the cab driver, muttered a quick thanks, and flew out the door.
 
He ran towards the church, and all was quiet.
 
The doors were closed.
 
Junsu felt his heart drop, and panicked.
 
He frantically looked around to see if there was any sign of a wedding procession. 
 
 
And then he saw her.
 
 
you was walking towards the church doors, flowers in her hands. She looked absolutely STUNNING, and for a moment, Junsu stood rooted to the spot, frozen. His feet would not move, and he couldn't take his eyes off her.
 
After what felt like hours, he finally came to his senses and ran towards her.
 
 
"YOU-AH!"
 
 
At that familiar voice, you turned, and when she saw who the voice belonged to, surprise was written all over her face.
 
 
"Junsu?"
 
 
He stopped right in front of you, panting slightly.
 
"Junsu? What are you doing here?"
 
For a while, Junsu couldn't speak. There was so many things he wanted to tell her, he didn't know where to begin.
 
When he found his voice, he croaked, "you-ah... Don't do this..."
 
"What?" confused, you studied Junsu. "Are you feeling okay?"
 
And almost all at once, it came bursting out.
 
 
"No, I'm not okay, you-ah. There's so may things I want to tell you, but I have no idea where to start. So many things I should have told you a long time ago..  But I was too cowardly to.. you-ah, can you just... come with me?" he held her hand, wanting to pull her away to delay the wedding.
 
 
"Junsu, I can't.. it's almost time for me to...-"
 
 
But Junsu was persistant. "Give me a few minutes, you-ah. I need to tell you something before you... before... you give yourself to the man behind that door... Before I lose that chance completely.. I..."
 
 
"Junsu, what are you saying? I'm...-"
 
 
"I won't stop you, you-ah. But I need to let you know something before you.. get married."
 
 
you was silent for a while. She looked at the boy before her, hair dishevelled and eyes full of unshed tears. And then she understood.
 
 
She smiled. The smile turned into a grin, and she let out a laugh.
 
 
Junsu stared at her, confused.
 
 
"Junsu ya..." began you, taking his hands. "I'm not getting married."
 
 
"No, hear me out, you ya.. I...- wait, what?"
 
 
you laughed again.
 
"I'm not getting married, pabo ya.. Who gave you that impression?"
 
Junsu was stunned.
 
"B-b-but.. he said.. and you..." he pointed at her dress.
 
 
you smiled. "I'm the flower girl, Junsu-ya... My sister is getting married, not me."
 
She paused to let it sink in for Junsu.
 
"D-d-does that mean t-t-that you... -" and then Junsu realised, and he growled,
 
"I.AM.GOING.TO.SHOVE.MY.FOOT.UP.THAT.BOY'S.ORIENTAL...."
 
 
you laughed. "I'm guessing this was Nickhun's work?"
 
Just then, they heard an 'OW!' in the bushes nearby.
 
"I have to go," said you, her hand on Junsu's shoulder. "I'll meet you after this alright?"
 
And she went in the church.
 
 
Fuming, Junsu turned to the bushes where the noise came from.
 
"NICKHUN.BUCK.HORVEJKUL. OK.TAECYEON. You guys are DEAD MEAT."
 
The bush rustled, and then popped the head of Taecyeon.
 
"Yaaahhh.. How did you know it was me?"
 
"Hey, I didn’t technically SAY she was getting married…  You just assumed,"  Nickhun said smartly.
 
 
"May I just... point something out? To Junsu hyung..." voiced Wooyoung, raising a finger, as one by one they started coming out from the bushes.
 
"Your is oriental too, you know. You're Korean."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
After the ceremony, you came out to meet the boys in the gardens.
 
 
"Noona!" Junho called, and ran up to give her a hug. 
 
Behind him, Junsu scowled. He was NOT in the mood for more of their teasings.
 
 
"Waaahhh, noona, you look gorgeous! Doesn't she, Junsu hyung?"
 
you blushed slightly.
 
Junsu looked away and didn't respond.
 
 
"How on earth did you guys know I was here?" you asked, glad to see all of them again.
 
Taecyeon grinned. He dug out his phone from his pocket and waved it. "Facebook," he grinned. "So I told Nickhun and he tricked Junsu into coming here."
 
 
Nickhun smacked Junsu on his chest. "Ya, see? It's not completely my fault!"
 
"But.. why would you trick him into coming here?"
 
Now it was Junsu's turn to blush, and he turned away to hide it.
 
 
Taecyeon took the opportunity to walked up to you and put his arm around her. He smiled satisfactorily to himself when he saw the edge of Junsu's mouth twitch.
 
 
"Yeah, why DID we trick you, Junsu-ah?" asked Taecyeon sarcastically. 
 
"Durr, because he likes noona!" Chansung said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
 
 
This time, both Nickhun AND Taecyeon smacked him upside the head. "YAH HYUNG~~ APAAAA!"
 
And then Chansung turned to you. "Noonaaaaa..." he pouted, and pointed to his head. "It hurts..."
 
you smiled, ruffled his hair and kissed his head.
 
Chansung happily skipped away, laughing gleefully and showed merong to everyone.
 
 
 
"ENOUGH!"
 
 
 
you jumped at Junsu's sudden outburst, but before she had a chance to ask what was the matter, Junsu was dragging her away from the rest.
 
"Junsu-ya..! Where are you going? Junsu-ah.. Ya..!"
 
But Junsu didn't reply. Instead, he just pulled her to a secluded area at the side of the church, and stopped abruptly. you couldn't stop in time, and knocked in to Junsu. But he didn't tumble.
 
Instead, he grabbed her arms, pushed her against the wall.
 
 
 
And then he kissed her.
 
 
 
Utterly shocked, you stood frozen on the spot. But as soon as her senses kicked in, she responded.
 
 
When they pulled apart, Junsu took a good look at you, his heart hammering against his chest.
 
“You… you.. kissed me back…” he whispered.
 
Blushing, she smacked his arm. “I did not…” she replied meekly.
 
 
It took Junsu a while for everything to sink in, and when he finally got it, he chuckled.
 
you-ah…” he began, choosing his words carefully. “I have something to tell you… And I’m aware that what I’m about to say might change everything between the both of us… good or bad.”
 
you slowly looked up at him, and he went through his hair with his fingers, hesitating.
 
 
“But… after what happened today, I got scared. Scared that I hadn’t told you this before, that you might never know…”
Junsu cleared his throat.
 
“I… well, a long time ago… I kinda.. well.. ummm..”
 
Junsu huffed, sighed, and tried again.
 
“I like you. No wait, scratch that… I love you. From the moment I first saw you. I never said or did anything before because I was afraid that if I acknowledged it, I would fall even harder for you, and even deeper in love with you. And that scared me, a lot. I didn’t know if I could give you the love you deserve, because of what I do. And I was SO scared to love you to the point that I had been so scared to lose you. And it kills me everytime you have skinship with anyone. But today I realized.. that not having you is even more of a torture.”
 
 
Junsu was looking everywhere EXCEPT you. His eyes were afraid to meet hers; afraid of what they would hold. 
 
 
you was silent. And Junsu dared not look up to see what caused her silence, but somehow his heart felt uneasy. He was beginning to second guess his decision to tell everything to you, when finally, you gave him a reaction.
 
 
She started smacking him on his arms and chest.
 
 
“Ow! Hey.. Ya, pain! Ouch! What was that for??”
“PABO!” she huffed after she was done. Junsu felt his heart drop.
you-ah…-”
But she cut him.
“Oppa, do you have ANY idea how long I’ve waited for you to say that??”
 
 
“But I… wait, what?”
you pretended to pout angrily, but she said nothing more.
Slowly, it dawned on Junsu what she meant, and he finally dared himself to look in her eyes.
They were looking directly back at his, and right then, he knew.
 
Junsu grabbed her into a tight hug, grinning stupidly. After a while, he pulled her away to shoulder length, and studied her.
 
“Did you mean that?”
 
“Don’t make me repeat it,” she whined, and Junsu’s smile grew wider.  He stepped closer to you and held her shoulders.
 
 
you-ah… I can’t live without you. Will you be my girlfriend so I don’t have to share you with the other pyuntae beasts?”
 
 
you laughed.  “I thought you would never ask.”
 
 

 

So it's FINALLY done! I'm so sorry it took so long.. I was having trouble writing the 'proposal part because I had NO IDEA how to do it without sounding too cheesy! >< I had expected a more.. 'romantic' scene, but this was the best I could come up with. Eek. ><

 

Anyhow, I hope you liked this one shot! ^^ And don't forget to comment! <3<3