My J

MS. SUPERSTAR IS MY BESTFRIEND

 

 

At the studio

 

*Click! Click click!

 

“Okay that’s a wrap. Jessica darling you are always wonderful.” My gay photographer approached me and kissed me on the cheek.

 

“You are great as well Marcus and besides that’s what I’m paid for, right?” I returned the compliment and the kiss.

 

“Oh you’re such a sweetheart.” He said then walked away.

 

“~~you’re such a sweetheart~~” “~~I want to put you in my pocket and bring you home~~” I rolled my eyes upon hearing the comments. I know it’s them again.

 

“YoonYul!” a duet of loud laughter and giggles were heard.

 

“Come on Jessie, we just find it so amusing.” Yuri said.

 

“Don’t worry babe, we made sure he won’t hear it.” Yoona said locking arms with me.

 

Yuri and Yoona are my co-models. We’ve been modeling for almost two years and we’ve been friends since then. They have a thing for each other; well that’s what I think. Before, Yuri said that she likes me but when she knew that I was dating one of her close friends she immediately back off.

 

“I’m going to the gym now. So Jessie you want a ride to SY’s place? I heard you two are meeting today. She’s been mentioning it the whole week.” Yuri asked while preparing her things.

 

“Oh crap! I forgot about it. I have a recording this afternoon and it’s like hours away from her place. I have to go. Thanks for reminding me Yuri, I’ll just text her.” I waved at Yuri. “Bye soulfriend!” I turned to Yoona and gave her a hug and a kiss.

 

I totally forgot that I’m meeting her today. Aside from being a model, I am also a singer actress that’s why my schedule is crazy. I use my free time to rest and spend time with my family.

 

“She will be so disappointed.” Yoona muttered.

 

“Nope! She will understand, but she will be sooooo sad.

 

 

 

At the gym…

 

“Taeyeon, I need you to look after the gym for the rest of the day. Just make sure everything is in order.” Taeyeon is my resident psychologist and assistant manager. She is also my friend since college when I planned to put my own gym.

 

“Sooyoung will you stop repeating everything. I’m close to being hypnotized. Just enjoy your time with Jessica.” Hyoyeon who has been watching us commented. Hyoyeon on the other hand is my dancing instructor. She is also a college friend and a club buddy. 

 

“I will do that. Oww and..” *Beep beep. I was cut off by a text message. It is probably Jessica. OMG! She might be early. I hurriedly opened my phone and read her message.

 

From: My J

                Sorry I can’t make it today, Best. Have a recording of new album today. Make it up to you next time.

 

‘Hmmmmm’ I sighed deeply.

 

“Taeyeon you can leave early. Hyoyeon you can have your date with Sunny.” I seat at the nearest bench and start lifting weights.

 

“Mwo? Don’t tell me she cancelled on you again?” Hyoyeon dared to ask. I just shrugged it off and continued working-out. I need to clear my mind off things.

 

“Yes she did. Emergency schedule. It’s a superstar thing.” We saw Yuri coming, still on her casual clothes.

 

“Well that’s what I get for being bestfriends with a superstar.” I said wanting to just play along.

 

“How can you be bestfriends with your ex?” Yuri blurted out.

 

“Why don’t you just go change and be my gym partner for today Yuri?” I told her as a sign for her to stop asking stupid questions but she didn’t even flinch.

 

“How did you break up anyway? You are totally sweet with each other before and we envy your relationship so much.” Even Taeyeon who is not nosy on this kind of things joined the conversation. I guess I can’t avoid them now.

 

“Sica wants to be normal. So there. Can we work out now Yuri?” finally they left me alone. I continued lifting.

 

‘I know you still love me Jessica Jung.’

 

 

At the recording studio…

 

“Come on babe, nothing beats coffee after a hard day at work. Let’s get one” Fany insisted. Tiffany Hwang is one of my co-members and she is another soulfriend. We are just meant to be.

 

“Alright, alright! But Yoona will be mad if she knew we hang out on our own.” We always make sure that if we hang out, it is the three of us or it will be another jealousy issue.

 

“Don’t worry I already texted her and she said she’s already at the café.” Well I think they planned this well. I think it is almost 12mn so I looked at my phone to check the time and saw a message from Soo.

 

From: Best Soo

                Hi how’s your day? Take care on your way home J. Xoxo.

 

She really is very thoughtful. That’s why I love being friends with her. I think it’s just right to send her a message too.

 

 

At Sooyoung’s flat.....

 

Maybe she’s already sleeping.

 

*Beep beep

 

Well I think she’s not. I grabbed my phone and read her response.

 

From: My J

                I’m with Yoona and Tiffany. Coffee. Sleep over Tiffany’s flat. Meet you tomorrow morning.

 

*DUGEUN

 

It felt like a hard punch on my chest. I envy her so-called “soulfriends” so much for spending time with her. I’m so jealous on how she can easily sleep over Tiffany’s flat when I almost kneel to her everytime I ask her to stay for the night ever since we broke up.

 

 

Flashback

 

“You know I can’t stay Soo.”

“Why can’t you? It’s not like I’m going to do anything to you. You know I’ll respect you.”

“It’s not about respect Soo. It is just awkward.”

“Are you afraid of me?”

“Of course not!”

“Then, are you afraid of yourself? That you’ll feel the same way you did when we kiss, when we make love?”

“Please stop talking about nasty things. And no, I’m not afraid of anything.”

“Fine! You have your soulfriends anyway. You will not need your bestfriend.”

“Ughh. Stop it Soo! You have to understand it is a different thing. With them, friendship comes first. You on the other hand, love came first then friendship. Do not be jealous of them.”

“I’m not jealous!!!”

“Hmmm I’m leaving Soo.”

 

End of flashback

 

I cried the pain away and tried to sleep. I should not be feeling this way. Clearly, things have changed.

 

3:58pm – I woked up from adream of missing her call so I checked my phone. There is no call but there is a message from Jessica.

 

From: My J

                Just got to Tiffany’s flat. Goodnight Best!

 

“You can kiss your meeting goodbye Sooyoung.” Again, for the next hours until dawn I cried the pain away.

 

 

In the morning….

 

I started my morning not thinking about anything but still hoping that we can meet. I checked my phone again and there is another message from her.

 

From: My J

   Huhuhu. I have a terrible migraine Soo. I can’t make it most probably.

 

“I told you Soo.” I stared at her message not knowing how to react, how to respond. Don't reply to her. Don't do anything. Stop caring about her! My mind said.  “Aisshh”

 

To: My J

    Hope you get well soon.

 

I made my way to the gym and busied myself. All the things that have to be prepared were done long before the opening time.

 

“Wow! There is literally nothing else to do!” Sunny exclaimed. She is my resident dietician and Hyoyeon’s girlfriend.

 

“Hi Sunny! Nice to see you around.” I said then give her a peck on her cheek.

 

“Yah! Get your own girl to kiss!” Hyoyeon as always is overreacting.

 

I just rolled my eyes and continued what I was doing. I didn’t notice Taeyeon is following me.

 

“Are you okay SY? You should take a break.”

 

“I’m fine Taeyeon. Thanks!”

 

“Please be reminded that I am a psychologist SY.  You can't hide anything from me. What happened yesterday?”

 

“You already know Tae.”

 

“After that? Whatever it is I think it would be better if you call and talk to her. Sooyoung, happiness is a choice. Please choose to be happy rather than sulk at the corner.” She gave me a tap on my shoulder and walked away.

 

Hmmm yeah. I think I should call her. But what if she won’t pick up? I’ll just text her.

 

To: My J

     How are you? I really miss you baby. I hope you could come. Please try harder.

 

“Aisshh why did I even send that!!”

 

“Hello everyone!!!” Yuri greeted everybody when she entered the door with Yoona. I just wave at them lazily then I saw another person coming in behind them.

 

“Oh SY! I picked my girlfriend up and I thought I’ll give your BESTfriend a ride here.” Yuri winked at me. I looked at Jessica still not believing she’s here.

 

“Hey…” she said.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“Why are you here? You’re supposed to be resting. Did you eat already?” Sooyoung asked continuously.

 

“Is that the way to greet your bestfriend?” Jessica walked over near her and gave her a peck. “I promised to see you today so I’m seeing you. And nope, I haven’t had breakfast yet. So you better treat me out.” Jessica pointed out.

 

Sooyoung grabbed her purse from the counter and drag Jessica out.

 

“Guys I’ll be back after an hour. I’ll just feed J her breakfast.” She was about to go when Taeyeon called her.

 

“Hey SY!” Taeyeon threw Sooyoung’s gym bag to her. “Take a leave today. We’ll take it from here.”

 

Sooyoung who is still a bit shocked later realized what Taeyeon meant. “Thanks Tae!”

 

“Omo they are so cute today.!!!!!” Sunny commented.

 

“Bunny!!!” Hyoyeon whined.

 

 

At the café nearby…..

 

Sooyoung is having coffee while Jessica is having a full-meal breakfast as insisted by Sooyoung.

 

“I’m still a bit mad at you J. You can squeeze in a night out with your soulfriends but you can’t come to a scheduled meeting with your bestfriend. When does meeting you become so hard?” Sooyoung whined.

 

“Soo! I’m eating. Here you go again! We talked about this already. And please stop calling me J.” Jessica finished her last piece of omelet.

 

“Why? J means Jessica.”

 

“J means Jagiya to you. And I think they kinda know that. So please…”

 

“Don’t like! They can call you Jessie, but you will always be J to me.”

 

“Fine! Just stop complaining.”

 

“it’s just that…” this time Jessica interrupted Soo.

 

“Don’t you remember the time when I have a really bad headache but I still came to meet you? You are the only person that can make me do that. So can we just drop the topic Best? My head is throbbing so much. “

 

“Okay. Hmmm do you have any schedules now?” Sooyoung asked. She’s a bit guilty for demanding so much from Jessica.

 

“I told my manager I’m not feeling well and I’ll rest for today. Do you have plans?”

 

“I always do.” Sooyoung said smirking.

 

 

After a few hours…..

 

Sooyoung brings Jessica to the beach for fresh air. It is Sooyoung’s family resthouse inside a very nice resort.

 

During the drive, Jessica fell asleep due to fatigue. So Sooyoung just carried her inside the room and let her rest. Although she have a lot of activities planned for today, they are less important than Jessica’s rest. She carefully laid Jessica on the bed and opened the door leading to the balcony for more fresh air. There is nothing to do but watch Sica sleep and before she knew it, she’s sleeping side by side Jessica on the bed.

 

 

Later that night…..

 

“Hey J. You have to eat dinner. Come on get up now or I’ll put cucumbers…..”

 

“I’M UP NOW!”

 

“Kekeke you’re still the same J! Come on let’s eat.” Sooyoung took a beating from a cranky Jessica for pulling a prank on her.

 

“Where are we eating dinner tonight?” Jessica asked. “Can we do it outside? Pweaase~~”

 

“But you might get noticed. Aisshh fine! Just use your hoodie.” Sooyoung cannot resist Jessica's aegyo.

 

They went to eat dinner outside and decided to hang out on an open bar near the beach. Jessica got envious on the couples that are dancing together when they are having dinner but she can’t just dance with anybody because there might be paparazzi. So Sooyoung went to buy guy clothes, eyeglasses and redo her hair to look like she’s a guy. She asked Jessica to dance and she gladly complied. Then Jessica got awkward with their close proximity and Soo’s loving stare.

 

 “Don’t worry, I’m not doing this to get you back. I just want to give you everything you want today as your bestfriend.” Sooyoung whispered to Jessica. After that, she felt Jessica relaxing in her arms and they look into each other’s eyes, Jessica with eyes full of happiness and Sooyoung with eyes full of love.

 

 

In SooSica’s room….

 

“Aaaaaah finally, bed!!!” Jessica throws herself on the bed upon entering their room. Her cheeks are a bit red from the red wine that they drank during dinner.

 

“I’ll go wash up first, or you want to go already?” Sooyoung ask Jessica.

 

“I’ll go first before I fall asleep.”

 

“Or we can do it together just like before.” Sooyoung said, smirking.

 

“Naughty! I’ll be done in 10mins.” Jessica grabbed the towel from Sooyoung and went inside the shower.

 

Sooyoung just shooked her head knowing that 10mins means an hour for Sica. She grabs another towel and clean ip in the kitchen. She just brushed and cleaned her face since she took a bath when Jessica is sleeping. She waited for Jessica in the bed since there is only one.

 

A little while later, Jessica came outside the bathroom. She smells really good and this gave a thrilling effect to Sooyoung.

 

“Hmmmm you smell really good. It’s a shame I didn’t shower."

 

“You smell good yourself Best. I know you already showered earlier. Yay let’s sleep!!” Jessica tossed the towel in the hamper then jumped on the bed. She lied side by side with Sooyoung.

 

“You are not going to me right?” Jessica looked at Soo with her cold expression.

 

Sooyoung just rolled her eyes a bit offended.

 

“I’ll make sure you’ll allow me.” She winked at Jessica causing the latter to hit her arm.

 

“Pabo.” Sooyoung shift position and face Jessica. She can spend the whole night looking at this angel.

 

“I will not be able to sleep if you’re staring at me.”

 

“You can sleep even if there is a war going on, J. Kekekeke” Jessica hit Sooyoung again. “Come on Soo, sleep with me.”

 

“Oh I would love to do that.” Sooyoung replied.

 

“SOO!!” They both laugh at each other, making a good atmosphere. Then suddenly Sooyoung spoke.

 

“Can I kiss you J?”

 

“Hahaha let’s stop Soo I really want to sleep.” Jessica thought Sooyoung is still joking.

 

“I’m serious baby. Please. Even for the last time. Can I have a real kiss?” Sooyoung ask, pain evident in her eyes.

 

Jessica was not able to answer. She just lie there on her back and stares at Sooyoung, whose face is slightly advancing.

 

Their lips met. Sooyoung’s lips are trembling, moving carefully on top of Jessica’s. Her eyes closed savoring this moment. She stopped upon realizing something. Although she is very passionate on kissing her, Jessica just stayed there, not moving an inch with her eyes open, waiting for the kiss to end.

 

*DUGEUN

 

This time it doesn’t just feel like a punch on Sooyoung’s chest. This time it feels like her heart is totally ripped out from her chest. It took a good 20secs for her to recover. She looks at Jessica still not wanting to believe that it is over.

 

“I-I-I am sorry Jessie.” She took a deep breath and get off the bed wanting to escape.  She planned to go out to the beach but before she can leave, Jessica backhugged her.

 

“Soo please stop. You know how much you mean to me. You are a big part of my life and I love you. We both know from the beginning that this is going to end but our friendship doesn’t have to. Please Soo don’t do this.”

 

Sooyoung took deep breaths to control her emotions and faced Jessica. It hurts so bad knowing that you can’t be together anymore. But it hurts more hearing the confirmation of the sad truth from her. Sooyoung gave Jessica a kiss on her forehead and agreed to go back.

 

That night they slept together realizing different things.

 

‘We really can only be bestfriends.’ –Sooyoung

 

‘She still loves me so much.’ – Jessica

 

The End.

 


 

Don't you think the title doesn't quite fit? Anyway, even if it is a sad ending, I hope you enjoyed it.