There's No Reason

There's No Reason (Sequel of That Special Person)

I keep listening to 2NE1’s It Hurts. This song is really ‘me’. Also, I choose it for the school’s singing competition. I can’t believe one of my rival is Minjung. I hope I can win this.

“Chaerin-ssi? Park Chaerin?” someone asked me. I turned my head.

“Ne.” I answered. Hmm. This person. I think I’ve seen him before. I keep staring at him.

He laughed at me, “Yah, you don’t remember me?”

“Omo! Byunbaek oppa?” I stood up.

“Aigoo. How come you don’t remember your own cousin? And call me Baekhyun, not Byunbaek.” he ruffled my hair.

“Hey, meet my friends here. Kai, Suho, DO and Chanyeol.”

“Annyeong!” they greeted me happily.

“Annyeong!” I replied.

“Wait. Where is Sehun?” Baekhyun asked Kai.

“He’s with his girlfriend.”

As I heard his name, I feel like I have no emotion anymore.

“Waeyo, Chaerin-ssi?” Suho oppa asked me.

“Ani. Gwenchana.”

“Yah, you know you’re not good at lying, Chaerin-ah.” Baekhyun oppa told me. “Tell me what happened.

 

Author’s POV

Chaerin told Baekhyun and his friends about her feelings to Sehun. Her eyes keep tearing. The boys feel sad for Chaerin.

“You know Chaerin-ssi, we will help you to get Sehun back!” Chanyeol cheered her.

“How? “

“It’s easy. We’re close to Sehun and we can talk about you all the time until he changes his feeling.” Chanyeol explained to her.

“But oppa, I feel so guilty to Minjung. I mean, she’s a good girl. I feel like a backstabber.”

“Aniyo. You don’t need to. I mean, it’s Sehun’s choice to like you.” Suho told her.

“Ne. You don’t need to worry, Chaerin-ssi.” DO said.

“Hwaiting!” the boys said.

Chaerin smiled. “Gomawo oppa-deul!”

 

Since that day, Chaerin is very close with Baekhyun and his friends, which she called EXO. But she’s getting further and further from Sehun. This makes Sehun sad because he feels kind of empty and lonely without Chaerin.

 

Sehun’s POV

(Sehun’s room)

Why these days I feel so empty? I wonder why Chaerin doesn’t talk to me anymore. I remember when the first time I confess to Minjung, I felt so happy. But when I saw Chaerin, I felt weird. It feels like I’m wrong. Arrgghh! I’m getting crazy!

My phone vibrated. I wonder who texted me.

 

From: Baekhyun hyung

Sehunnie, come to my house. There’s Chaerin and the others. We want to help Chaerin practice her singing.

Chaerin is there? Well this is a good opportunity to be close with her again.

 

To: Baekhyun hyung

Sure, hyung. Can I bring Minjung too?

 

From: Baekhyun hyung

Yeah sure.

 

Okay. I’ll call Minjung.

“Minjung-ah, what are you doing?”

“I’m just practicing my singing for the competition. Waeyo? Do you miss me?”

“Ne, I do. Do you want to join me to go to Baekhyun hyung’s house? Chaerin is there also. He said he’s helping Chaerin for the singing competition too.”

“Oh jeongmal? I really want to talk to Chaerin. Can you pick me up oppa?”

“Yeah. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

“Oh arasso.”

“Saranghae, Minjung-ah.”

“Na do saranghae, oppa.”

I hung up. Why I feel uncomfortable when I said ‘saranghae’ to her? Isn’t that a couple thing?

 

Author’s POV

Sehun picked Minjung and went to Baekhyun’s house.

“Oh wassoyo? Come in.” Baekhyun opened the door for Sehun and Minjung.

Chaerin was playing video game with Kai, while Suho, Chanyeol and DO were betting who’s gonna win.

When Chaerin saw Sehun and Minjung, her expression totally changed. Kai patted Chaerin’s shoulder and mouthed “don’t worry” and Chaerin replied her with a smile.

 

Sehun’s POV

There she is. She seems sad.

“Chaerin-ah! Annyeong!” Minjung came and hugged her. Chaerin seems shocked with Minjung’s greeting.

Someone tapped my shoulder. Oh it’s Suho hyung.

“Hey hyung.”

“Hey dongsaeng. What do you think about Chaerin?” why did he ask that?

“Hyung, aren’t you too straightforward?” I laughed.

“Kekeke. Gwenchana. Just answer me.”

“I don’t know. Why?”

“I want to ask her out.”

He what? Wait. No he can’t. Oh what am I thinking. Chaerin isn’t my girlfriend. I don’t like her. Or do I?

 

Chaerin’s POV

Suho oppa pretended that he likes me. It’s the part of Baekhyun oppa’s idea to get Sehun for me. I wonder what he will answer. I know it’s rude to eavesdropping, but just for this time.

“Jinjja? Ask her. She’s a nice girl.” Sehun said that. His voice is quiet small but I still can hear it. Great. He doesn’t like at all. He doesn’t have any feeling to me.

 

Author’s POV

Baekhyun saw Chaerin wanted to cry. So he held her hand and took her to his room. In his room, Baekhyun’s comforting Chaerin. Chaerin keeps sobbing and saying that Sehun doesn’t like him at all.

“Chaerin-ah, it’s just the beginning. Don’t lose hope.” He hugged his cousin.

After that, they came out from Baekhyun’s room and headed to the living room.

 

“Minjung-ah, do you want to have dinner in here?” Chaerin asked her.

“Is that okay?”

“Of course.” Chaerin smiled. Minjung wants to be friend with Chaerin, so does Chaerin. They don’t care even if they’re rival in the competitions. This is why Chaerin feels like a backstabber if EXO made Sehun likes her.

“I would love to!” Minjung answered excitedly.

“Okay. I know it’s a bit rude, but do you mind if I leave both of you here with the others? I need to go to the supermarket with Baekhyun oppa since we don’t have enough indgredients to make dinner.

“Gwenchana, gwenchana. It’s okay for me.” Minjung answered.

“Can I join you, Chaerin-ah?” Sehun suddenly asked her. But Chaerin just coldly replied no to him.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gwenchana?” Baekhyun asked Chaerin.

“Ne oppa. Don’t mind me.” Chaerin replied.

At the supermarket, Chaerin and Baekhyun had a lot of fun. They do the shopping together but act like children. Like running along, playing with the trolley, just like children. Then they got home and everyone is mad because they’re dying of hunger.

 

After they ate the dinner, everyone is saying goodbye. The last is Sehun and Minjung.

“Chaerin-ah, we should hang out more.” Minjung hugged her.

“Ne, we should. Annyeong.” Chaerin waved her hands. Minjung headed to Sehun’s car.

Please go home, Sehun-ah.Chaerin thought to herself.

“Aren’t you going home, Chaerin-ah?” Sehun asked her.

“Ani. I’m staying here tonight.”

“Arasso. i..”

“Goodnight, Sehun.” She closed the door.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naega jun sinbareul singo keunyeowa gireul geolgo

Amureohji anhge keunyeowa kiss hago

Naega jun hyangsu ppurigo keunyeoreul pume ango

Nawa haetdeon keu yaksuk ddo dasi hagetjyo

…..

Urin imi neujeotnabwayo

Uri sarang kketnan geongayo

Amu marirado jom naege haejwoyo oh oh oh

Uri jeongmal saranghaetjanha

Dwi dolrilsun eoptneun geongayo

Oneul bam na manhi appayo

 

Chaerin sang the song It Hurts (2NE1) for the competition, while Minjung sang Day by Day (SNSD). Chaerin was really into the song and cried when she sang it. But the she got the standing ovation because the way she sang it was perfect.

When the host announce the winner, Minjung got 3rd place and Chaerin got the 2nd place.

“Chaerin-ah, chukkae!” Minjung hugged her. One by one, EXO also congratulate Chaerin and Minjung. It was awkward when Sehun wanted to congratulate Chaerin. He wanted to hug her, but at the end, they just shook hand.

EXO and Minjung were discussing something and decided to leave Sehun and Chaerin alone.

They sat on the bench and it’s so awkward.

 

“Chaerin-ah, when you sang, I felt like you were staring at me. Did you do it on purpose? Well, I’m not accusing you.” Sehun laughed awkwardly.

“Oh jeongmal? I guess I didn’t realize if I was staring at you.” Chaerin smiled in awkward also.

“Ah mianhae.” Sehun said.

“Do you know that Minjung and I broke up?”

“Mwoh?” Chaerin looked at Sehun and shocked. Why did they break up?

Sehun rubbed his nape, “Well, uh..”

“If you don’t can’t tell me, it’s okay, Sehun-ssi.”

“Can you stop speaking in formal to me? It really sounds weird.” Sehun told her.

“Ah arasso.”

“Minjung said that I don’t love her.” Sehun started to explain.

“What do you mean by that?”

“She said that I love someone else but I didn’t realize. She doesn’t love me also. I mean, she loves me, but more like brother and sister.”

Someone else huh? Chaerin thought.

Sehun held her hand, “That person is you.”

“How.. How come?” Chaerin asked him. She was confused yet happy.

“I guess, there’s no reason when it comes to love, Chaerin-ah.” Sehun leaned closer and…

“Yah! Don’t make too many noise.” They stopped. They spotted EXO and Minjung were spying on them.

“Oops! Sorry to interrupt your private time, lovebirds!” Kai shouted and ran away with the others.

 

I hope you're satisfied with this sequel *worry

You can comment it :) Kamsahamnida