Reflections

Aspergers and Me

I dipped down my face on my hands,as cold water flows through my face. I know that another chapter is waiting for the day. Thou the fear I feel inside,I know I have to face another day of condemnation. I faced the mirror and saw my image. Same weary eyes. Same sad face. Same lonely spirit crying inside me. I have been doing the same thing over and over,each chapter,each day,the same thing keeps on happening. And upon that very moment,as I look down at my self,I decided.. "It won't be the same thing anymore." I spoke on myself..

"Finally you've realized." I looked at my back and saw my brother smiling. "Don't let this day down.I believe on you bro." he said,I replied him with a smile. He put his arm over my shoulder and dragged me to the table. And he shouted, "Mom! He's awake.". Mother came down rushing and seemingly cheerful. "Son,you're not gonna get hungry,not today." she said,as she get each food from our kitchen. I was surprised by the amount of food that she prepared. I asked her "Mom,why are there so many food,I mean,it's breakfast and there's no occasion and ther.." "Now,now,you don't need to explain my dear,I know that you know that you can't help yourself on explaining things up as long as you can but,,just don't worry my baby,today,is your day!" she said.

Confused I dried up my still wet face with the towel that my brother gave to me. Sat infront of the table and gave grace for the food. I'm full of shame on that very moment for I know that my mom prepared all of the food for me,even there's no occasion. As we all ate together,my Mom keeps on talking to me,I can't even anymore because of our conversation together. After a while,we finally finished our food. I continue with my preparations and headed to the bathroom. My eyesight,it keeps on getting weak. I can't even see my feet when I'm standing. Again,I felt the usual feeling that I always had,I lost some little courage. But I raised my head and remembered what I said earlier,"It won't be the same thing anymore."

I stare deeply on my self on the mirror. I know for sure,that some time soon. I'm not gonna see this image anymore. I know that I'll lose my eyesight. Even though I know that there's still a way to get stop this. But I don't want to make my Mom feel sad and give another problem for her. I know that I'm different. But at that exact day,I can see myself very different. Like everything just changed for me. I know it's just the beginning,but from what I saw. It's me,smiling and feeling very alive. It was a very different reflection..~~