The beginning and the end

[One Shot] First Acquaintance, first Goodbye

please listen to this while reading so you get the right feeling~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y&feature=BFa&list=FLej9Ikpxzua6aW5E7WNXxxA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Come here!“ Jonghyun opened his arms for her.

It was a cold January day and it was his birthday.
Haru hugged him tightly and took a deep breath before letting him go again. He smiled slightly at her and then turned around to continue chatting with his friends.

“I told you it’s a good idea to congratulate him!” Jinae, Haru’s best friend, said smiling after they walked away.

“I thought my heart is going to jump right out of my chest!” Haru put her hand on her heart and smiled at herself.

She was in love with Jonghyun for around a year now. The first time she met him was in the assembly hall of her school. He was there by himself playing the violin.
Haru was also playing the violin but she never knew that there was someone as handsome as Jonghyun in her school who could play the violin as well.
----
She was standing there listening to the beautiful music he made.

“Um…” Jonghyun suddenly said and stopped playing.

“O-Oh…S-Sorry… I just forgot my jacket!” Haru blushed and looked around for her jacket that she had forgotten there that morning.

“Is it this one?” He was holding up her jacket.

“A-Ah yes…” She quickly walked to him still blushing and put her jacket on.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun… Nice to meet you Jang Haru…” He smiled at her.

“How do you know my name?” Haru’s eyes widened.

“Your name tag…” He pointed at the name tag which was pinched at the area of her chest.

“Oh…” She blushed again and smiled shyly.

Then the school bell rang.

“It’s time for maths~” Jonghyun said and packed his stuff.

Haru was just standing there watching him. His eyes, his nose, his lips, his hair. Everything was perfect.

“I’ll see you around…” He swung his violin case around his shoulder and headed towards the exit leaving Haru there by herself.

----

“The teacher is coming!” Jinae whispered to Haru who was daydreaming.

“Ms. Jang, you may dream outside of the classroom!” The teacher said and pointed at the door.

Haru looked up and blushed while leaving the room. She walked out into the garden of the school and sat down on a bench nearby. The trees were pale and the garden was covered in white snow. Haru never liked winter until she had met Jonghyun. Now she was thankful for the winter giving her someone as handsome as him.
While drawing hearts into the snow someone tapped her shoulder. She looked up and saw Jonghyun with two cups of hot chocolate standing behind her.

“I saw you sitting here by yourself… Don’t you have any class?” He asked her while reaching her one.

“Thank you~ I do… But I got scolded and had to leave…” She smiled and took a sip of the hot chocolate.

“Ah I see… Same here…” He laughed.

Haru looked at him and he looked at her. Then both of them started to burst into laughter.

After talking for a while Haru saw her best friend Jinae running up to her.

“I was so worried about you!” She said exhausted.

“I was fine… Jonghyun bought me hot chocolate…” She smiled at Jinae and introduced them with each other.

Jonghyun’s eyes began to sparkle when he looked at Jinae but Haru didn’t know that. She didn't know that it was her end.

-------------

Months passed by and Jinae, Jonghyun and Haru grew up to be best friends. Haru was still in love with Jonghyun.

“Let’s eat ice cream!” Jinae suggested.

It was a hot summer day and they were at the library studying for their final exams.

“Sounds good to me!” Jonghyun smiled and looked over to Jinae.

“I still have to do my history homework and study a little bit more… You guys can go, I’ll catch up with you later!” Haru said without looking up.

“Ok… We’ll be at the café across the street…” Jinae said and they got up leaving Haru alone.

After finishing everything Haru got up to go to the café Jinae and Jonghyun were at.
She walked into the café and saw both of them sitting at a table laughing. Haru smiled as she saw her best friend and her crush getting along that well.
Jonghyun was singing for Jinae when Haru arrived at their table.

“Such a lovely voice!” Jinae clapped when Jonghyun finished singing and Haru nodded agreeing with her best friend while smiling. If she only knew than she wouldn't have smiled back then.

 

-------------

“Hello here is Haru. Is Jinae at home?” Haru asked on the phone.

“Oh she went out with a boy…. What was his name again? Jonghyun? Yeah, I guess it was Jonghyun… I’ll tell her that you called Haru, dear, when Jinae is back…” Mrs. Park said on the phone.

Haru felt how her heart sank with every word Mrs. Park said.
Jinae and Jonghyun were out without calling her. Why didn’t they invite her as well?

The next day Haru and Jinae were sitting in the cafeteria of the school eating their lunch. Jonghyun wasn’t in school.

“Jonghyun’s sick…” Jinae said without looking at Haru.

“Oh really?” Haru asked looking at her friend.

She was acting so different. What had happened?

“Jinae…?”

“Hm?” She looked up but tried to avoid eye contact with Haru.

“Are you okay? You’re acting so different nowadays…” Haru patted Jinae’s hand.

“Me? Yeah, I’m fine… I’m done eating… I’ll go to class first…” She quickly got up and left Haru behind. If she only knew than she would have stopped her best friend from leaving her.

 

-------------

Time passed by and Haru’s and Jinae’s friendship grew apart. They were barely talking to each other now. Also Jonghyun had left them and was back again with his boys.
The more time passed by the more Haru started to doubt her feelings towards Jonghyun. Yes, her heart was still pounding madly against her chest whenever she talked to him or whenever they made eye contact but it wasn’t like how it used to be. She was missing Jinae more.

One day she wanted to get back with Jinae, so she started to talk to her like nothing ever happened.

“I guess I’m over Jonghyun….” She said slurping her soup.

Jinae and Haru were still doing everything together but no one was talking. They would eat silently and walk back to class. They would sit next to each other in class but wouldn’t talk. They weren’t really meeting anymore outside of the school and were only talking with each other when they had to say something related to school.

“You are?” Jinae asked surprised and looked up.

It was the first emotion Haru saw on Jinae’s face since months.

“Yeah… I’m not missing him like I used to…” She said and continued slurping her soup.

“Oh… That’s cool…” Jinae smiled and looked down at her plate while playing with her food.

“Yeah…” Haru sighed.

Without eating everything they got up and left for class.

“Do you want to grab some ice cream before going home today?” Haru asked Jinae on their way to class.

“Today?” Jinae bit her lower lip.

“I can’t… I have… Something to do… How about the day after tomorrow?” Jinae asked.

“Oh, okay… That’s fine too…” Haru smiled.

Class was over and Haru decided to go to the assembly hall to play some violin since she had nothing to do. She walked in and saw Jinae and Jonghyun standing in front of the stage arguing.

“I can’t!” Jinae said and wanted to leave but Jonghyun grabbed her wrist.

“Jinae, if you’re not doing it then I will! I’m fed up with us hiding from Haru! I’m fed up with all the secret meetings… You guys don’t talk anymore… There isn’t anything left anyways…” Jonghyun said.

“She’s still my best friend Jonghyun! I can’t just walk up to her and say that we’re dating for months now!” Jinae took her wrist away.

“JINAE!” Jonghyun shouted and Jinae stopped walking.

“Why are we hiding it from her anyways?” Jonghyun said now with a softer voice.

He grabbed her by her shoulders and turned her around.

“Jonghyun… She’s been liking you for more than a year now… Although she said that she’s over you I know exactly that she isn’t! I can see it in her eyes…” Jinae looked down and Jonghyun pulled her into a hug.

Haru’s heart broke. It felt as if a little world inside of her was breaking apart. That was the reason why Jonghyun and Haru weren’t talking anymore. That was the reason why Jinae wouldn’t look into Haru’s eyes anymore.
But for some reasons she couldn’t blame neither Jonghyun nor Jinae. They couldn’t control their feelings, right? So it wasn’t their fault that they fell in love, right?
Although Haru knew that she couldn’t blame them she still felt betrayed and couldn’t help but shed tears.

The warm summer breeze seemed like it wanted to comfort her. She was back in the school garden now where she had introduced Jinae and Jonghyun to each other.

 

-------------

Everywhere she was going to had painful memories with Jinae and Jonghyun, so she decided to move out of Seoul, out of Korea.

“I’m moving…” Haru said to Jinae without looking at her.

“Why?!” Jinae asked shocked.

“I’m going to study in Europe…” She put on a fake smile.

“Europe? Why so far away?” Jinae pouted.

“I just found a good university in Scotland and I want to study there…” Haru continued with her fake smile.

She practiced her fake smile a lot at home, so she wouldn’t get caught by her best friend lying to her. And it seemed like it was working. Jinae believed Haru with everything she said.
Haru really did find a good university in Scotland and she would go there to study but this wasn't the only reason. She got sick seeing her best friend dating the one she loved the most.

“This is the last time we’re seeing each other…” Haru looked down. She couldn’t keep smiling because tears started to form in her eyes.

“This…. Is a goodbye?” Jinae said sad.

“I suppose so… Maybe we’ll see each other in the future…”

“I will miss you!” Jinae suddenly said and hugged her.

It was unexpected for Haru and she wasn’t prepared for this. She slowly hugged her back and tried hard to hold her tears back.

“I’ll miss you too…” She whispered.

‘And Jonghyun…’ She thought when they let go.

“I have to go now… I still haven’t packed everything.” Haru got up smiling.

“Okay… Take care…” Jinae hugged her again and Haru nodded.

Haru left the café this time leaving Jinae alone. She took a deep breath and walked out, ready to open a new page in her life without Jonghyun and Jinae.