Chapter 1

Deadly Secrets
I killed my target, flawlessly, effortlessly, slitting through the flesh at his neck. I watched as he choked on his own blood and saw the light in his eyes fade into nothingness. I was satisfied. Another job perfectly executed and a happy client! That was what I lived for, the exhilarating adrenaline rush and Kiyomi, my dear Kiyomi.

It was twilight when I arrived home; and thunder suddenly roared loud as lightning illuminated the darkened area. I strolled to my bedroom, careful not to wake Kiyomi, and went to take a hot shower. Even assassins' have normal lives.

With the water running down my back; I heard noises in the bedroom. I turned off the water and covered myself with a towel. As I stepped out; I found Kiyomi laying across my bed, her silk lingere slipping past her leg, exposing her inner thigh. She looked gorgeous, like a perfectly carved sculpture. She layed immotively on the bed, for she did not even react when I came close to her. My mind raced with possibilities to explain the look on my fragile little sister's face.

Two weeks later, I found the reason for Kiyomi's fluctuating emotions. She was seeing a man! I should have expected it, she was twenty now, since I was twenty-five, and I could no longer treat her like a child. I knew our relationship was drifting apart like ice burgs in the sea, she was slipping through my fingers. I had to do something about it. I had to eliminate the instigator that was driving my sister away from me. I would not lose her to a stranger, I would eliminate him. I would kill Kiyomi's new lover.

It was just after midday when I murdered him, quick, clean, fast! No evidence was left behind.

That evening I took Kiyomi for a walk; it looked as if she needed some fresh air. It was evident that something was troubling her; so I urged the importance in it. She reluctantly agreed, but only if we could stride through the garden where the cherry blossoms grew in rows of magnificent pink.We had just gotten to its alluring atmosphere, when she fell to her knees and gave out soft, sweet sobs of grief. I knelt beside her and pulled her close to my chest, embracing her tightly, in my masculine arms.

She burried her face in my chest and I felt the weight of her sorrow she kept from me. Evidently I comforted her, apprehensive to her lovers death. I held her and sympathetically told her, its greater purpose. She raised her head from my body, looked at me with disarray and exchanged her sorrows with a gentle kiss on my lips.