Love At First Dance

The Cold Prince & The Idol

Lay fanned himself using his sweater, catching his breath. It was another day of dancing and singing at SM Entertainment. Lay has been a trainee for around 3 years and was going to be 4 soon but there was no news of him debuting yet.

"Guys, I think that's enough for the day. Get some rest." The trainer came in and told the 12 boys. "But it's only 2 in the afternoon, sir." Suho informed.

"I know. Tomorrow is SM annual family day. The directors have something planned for all of us in the company so you guys can get ready. Pack up." The trainer told and left.

"What's that?" Chen and Tao asked. They've only been trainees for several months so they didn't know a lot of SMTown traditions and events.

"It's a day where everyone in the company goes out to have fun. Last year, we all went mountain-climbing." Suho explained. "Ohh~" Chen and Tao nodded in understanding.

"I wonder where we're going this year.." Luhan thoughtfully tapped his lips with his finger. "I heard we're going to Sky Water Resort. The directors rent it for two days." Kai said.

"Really!? A water resort!? Isn't that like really expansive?" Chanyeol's eyes rounded. Kai shrugged, "Lee Soo Man is loaded with cash. Plus I heard some sunbaes like Leeteuk hyung and Yunho hyung also paid for the trip."

"Woah they're so rich." Tao said to himself. "All right guys! Let's get back to the dorm and pack up for tomorrow." Kris clapped his hands and left the practise room, followed by the others.

Lay was left alone in the practise room. His friends didn't' include him in their conversation and he was left out once again. He grabbed his things and headed out.

As he walked past various practise rooms of various SM artist, he heard a few sobs coming from Hello Venus's practise room.

He wasn't usually a busybody but somehow, he felt that he should listen to the conversation.

The cries became louder and he even heard groans of pain. He peered his head over the glass to see who was inside. The room was dimly lit and he could see two figures.

One was on the floor while the other was trying to help the other get up. He cupped his eyes and looked inside. He saw a member from Hello Venus and a dance trainer.

"Get up!" The trainer yelled. The poor girl sobbed harder and tried to get up. *Who's she? What's wrong with her leg?* Lay furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yoo Ara!" The trainer yelled again. Lay recognised the name. Yoo Ara was a very popular girl even before debut. All the guys in SM fell for her innocent looks and amazing dancing skills. She was even known as DBSK's Yunho's favourite trainee. 

She was really pretty and talented. That, Lay admitted.

"Start the music." Ara spoke as she got up. The trainer stepped back and clicked on the 'play' button.

Once the music started, Ara moved her body to the rhythm. She wasn't just dancing the choreography, she was enjoying it. But Lay couldn't help but to notice the way she would flinch in pain whenever her leg had to move.

He felt his heart hammering against his chest. Lay, the cold prince fell for her dedication and love for dance. Ara reminded him of himself.

Ara reminded him why he became a trainee in the first place. Ara brought light to him.

The trainer clapped her hands, "That was beautiful. You may go now. Pack up for tomorrow's trip. We're going to Busan." Ara bowed to the trainer who left the room.

Once the coast was clear, Ara fell to the ground, groaning in pain. Lay felt sorry for her. He could tell how much she loved dancing.

He went inside the practise room and sat down beside her. Ara looked at him, "What are you doing?" Lay didn't reply her. He opened his bag and took out a Chinese ointment.

Ara stared at him in wonder. "Give me your injured leg." He said. Ara blinked at him, 'Huh?" Lay pointed at the ointment. Ara seemed to understand.

She took off her sneakers and socks and folded her jeans up. Lay shook his head, her injury was quite serious. It was a sprained ankle. He carefully took some of the ointment and gently rubbed it on her injured ankle.

"Sss." Ara winced and her fingers clenched into a fist. "It'll be all right soon." Lay soothingly said. Ara blushed and stared at Lay. *He's so kind and nice.* Her heart raced at his kind gesture.

After a while, the swell seemed to go down a bit. '"-thank you." Ara stuttered, cheeks flushed. Lay nodded his head, not making eye contact with her because he was shy.

"I'm Yoo Ara and you're..?" She handed out her hand. "Yixing but you can call me Lay." He shook her head. The moment their hands touched, both of them felt electricity sparked inside them.

"I'll be going then. Thanks again Lay-sshi." Ara got up slowly, grabbed her bag and slowly walked out of the practise room. Lay smiled a little and looked at his hands.

 

Okay, this was really hard to write.

I've never really gotten a leg injury so I don't know what's it's called but yeah..

Comment please ^^