Just to be Q u i e t.

Quiet (Part 1/2 for Dooseobmey)

               He's curled into the crook of his lovers warm side when he blinks awake. He nuzzles closer to the other, basking in the fuzzy feeling that’s seeping into his skin and heart.

               Happiness.

 

               Yoseob likes moments like this the most, when Doojoon is still deep in his sleep, unaware of Yoseob's blatant gawking.

 

               He likes to trace lyrics and music notes of their own songs into Doojoon's skin, trying to give a visual form of the words and sounds that changed them. The feelings that brought them together like they are. That impacted them so much that now, Yoseob's sure that they're getting somewhere. And he sure that the only way they can go is up right now.

 

               Yoseob loves the feelings swirling inside of him. The warmth of happiness, and love. He likes how they're on top of the world, finally, finally after so long. Nothing can knock them down, and all the hardships they had to work through were worth it, if only for this one moment.

 

               If everything else was only building up to these sweet mornings of gentle kisses and touches. Yoseob thinks he could happily die here in this small place of time.

 

               Yoseob feels Doojoon stirring under his gentle touches, a pause, then the younger feels the familiar touch of Doojoon's chapped lips against his, and its like the world clicks into place, it's like even though the moment felt perfect before, it really is perfect now, like there was a hole in it that he didn't feel until it was already filled and overflowing with the sensation of Doojoon pressing kiss after gentle kiss to his pliant mouth.

 

               The feelings linger the rest of the morning, even when the clouds dump a downpour of pounding rain, it lingers even when Doojoon wanders off to the bathroom, and he crawls out of bed. It doesn't matter that that a word hasn’t been spoken at all since they both woke up, because no words need to be said. Not for the first time, Yoseob wonders if maybe, maybe he could have this moment forever.

 

               It doesn't bother him that the house is silent, devoid of the other members usual chatter. He knows they're probably off wandering in their own individual pairs, settling into their own devices. In fact, he appreciates the time alone with Doojoon, because while the fans seem to think he's bubbly and hyper all the time, Yoseob actually enjoys the quiet. He enjoys the fact that he and Doojoon can communicate without tangible words. It's moments like these that he ends up cherishing the most.

 

               When Doojoon has wandered out of the bathroom and into the living room, Yoseob has already settled himself into the love seat next to the window, there’s thin squares of colored paper in a scattered pile in the empty space next to him. Small, fingers carefully fold one of the squares into a crane, which is then just as delicately settled into a small box on the coffee table.

 

               Wordlessly, Doojoon shuffles to the love seat, and gently gathers the thin paper into a neat pile. He settles into the seat next to his lover, selecting a baby blue star patterned paper, he joins Yoseob in making cranes, the only noise breaking the comfortable silence being the rustling of paper and the soothing sound of rain pouring outside the small window. Crane after crane finds its way into the small box until its nearly overflowing with them. Only then does Yoseob let his mouth twitch into a gentler version of one of his famous smiles.

 

               He likes how different his cranes look from Doojoons. His being neatly folded to delicate perfection, while Doojoons are messily folded and uneven, some bent in places they shouldn’t be. They contrast each other perfectly, just like Doojoon and himself. This thought lingers in his head; he finds himself nuzzling into his lovers side, cuddling into the warmth the older always seemed to provide no matter what the temperature is around them.

 

               Doojoon pauses, then wraps his arms around Yoseob's waist gently, before continuing to fold, Yoseob watches the way his fingers go through practiced motions, much smoother than his folding on the cranes, until what was left in his hands was not just paper any longer. He continued to watch as Doojoon leaned away from him, gently brushing his short hair behind his ear before tucking the end of the origami lily there as well. His fingers trailed down the side of Yoseob's face lightly, a small smile twitching at his lips.

 

               Yoseob can feel how his body practically melts into Doojoons, his gaze softens into a loving caress, he doesn’t understand how he can love their leader as much as he does. He doesn't understand how its possible for all of these emotions to be bottled up inside of him. It seems so unreal. Nuzzling into Doojoons neck, one hand tangles in the fabric of Doojoons shirt, the other lifts and slides across the bandages wrapped around his beloved leaders neck.

 

               “I love you. I love you so much.” Yoseob mutters softly, lifting his head again to stare honestly into Doojoons eyes. He watches as Doojoons eyes soften, he watches as the other frowns unhappily running his own hand against Yoseob's that’s pressed lightly against his throat.

 

               Doojoon leans in, pressing his lips against Yoseob's with bruising force, flooding the youngers senses with everything he can't say. But Yoseob isn't worried. He knows that Doojoon will recover, and be able to speak the words he longs to hear.

 

               He isn't too worried anyways, Doojoon doesn’t need to speak for Yoseob to hear what he's saying.

 

I love you too.”