Eh?! Where are we?

Omo! ♡

 

"He slowly leaned towards her, a small smile on his lips.

He was so close, she could feel his breath on her lips. Her heart started thundering, her cheeks warming up with a pinkish glow. Her eyes fluttered shut, it felt like the right thing to do. Just at that moment, his lips captured hers. And it felt like the most natural thing in the world. She felt warmth spread through her body, and she felt happy. So happy it was like she had risen to the clouds. 

Is this love?" 

 

"It's time for school Hyoyeon-ah! Stop reading and get down here!" 

Hyoyeon groaned. She was getting to the good part. The guy had finally made his moved and kissed the girl, and she was beginning to realise that she might love him! Why did her sister have to stop her now? 

"Yah! Hyoyeon!" 

Frowning, she got out of bed and marked the page she last read with a cute, fluffy bookmark she had bought a week ago. Sliding the book into her bag, she quickly checked her appearence in the mirror before running out of her room. 

"Took you long enough." 

Hyoyeon stuck out her tongue at her sister, before a playful grin slid into onto her face. Her sister, Taeyeon, saw that and started laughing as well. You just couldn't get angry at Kim Choding. With a yawn from Hyoyeon, the pair started their journey to school. It was a cool morning, she could feel the cool air brush against her skin, giving her goosebumps. 

"Taeyeon-ah!" 

Hearing her name, Taeyeon whipped her head around and let out a big smile. 

"Leeteuk oppa!" 

Leeteuk came barrelling forward and gave Taeyeon a bear hug. The two started laughing, already having fun in the cool morning air. Hyoyeon smiled at Leeteuk and greeted him, and Leeteuk gave her a less crushing hug all the same. That was what Hyoyeon liked about him, he was just so friendly, he could make anyone smile. And that was why Taeyeon had fallen in love with him. 

It wasn't surprising that Taeyeon and Leeteuk became a couple, and neither was it that they were still happily in love after six months of dating. It says a lot when both partners were able to stand each other's unique laughter and even love it.  

"You guys go on ahead; I think I left something behind." Hyoyeon gave a small wave before backtracking to her house. She knew that the two would like some alone time together. Halfway back, she changed the course and started walking towards school. Along the way, she had slipped out her romance novel and was thoroughly engrossed it. 

 

 

"It was forbidden, they were not allowed to love. A prince from the southern region of Fire can never mingle with the Princess of Water. 

Yet this forbidden passion, this forbidden love it never stopped growing. After their first kiss under the starry night, she couldn't stop thinking about him. His fiery red hair, his dark, dreamy eyes. Those were what her thoughts centred around. These were forbidden thoughts when the two kingdoms were at war. The people of Fire and Water never got together; even the elements of the kingdom don't gel well. It was unheard of for any Royalty to be with - 

 

Hyoyeon felt herself collide against something, and she fell right on her .  And it hurt. Apologising, she got up on her feet and saw that she had bumped into a guy in her school’s uniform. He had an exasperated look on his face, probably annoyed at her for bumping into him.

Hyoyeon frowned. This guy was just plain rude, it was an accident, what was with the annoyance? The guy, with brown tousled hair, picked up her book which was lying on the ground and passed it to her before continuing on his task – to get to school.

Staring at his back, Hyoyeon realised that he looked kind of familiar.

“Eh! Isn’t that… Leeteuk oppa’s friend?”

Hyoyeon had not really seen much of Leetuek’s friends before. This was because Leeteuk, like Taeyeon, was a senior, and that meant that most of his friends were too. Even if she was rather close with Leeteuk, she was not with his friends. She barely talked to any of them; she was a junior after all. But she had seen this guy with Leeteuk before. From the way they acted, it seemed that they were rather close.

Pushing the rude guy out of her head, she continued walking and was about to get into her novel again, but an old lady prevented her from doing so.

“Young lady, would you like to get your fortune told?”

Turning around, she saw an old woman, probably the age of 60, situated behind a small, wooden table. The table was cluttered with different ornaments and accessories. At her side was a pile of dusty, old leather books.

“Yes, please!”

Hyoyeon had always been fascinated in fortunes, they were able to tell her personality so easily without her having to say anything! Plonking down onto the small wooden chair in front of the table, she eagerly looked at the old lady.

“Ah, let’s see. Young lady, you are a full fledge romantic. You cry when the main girl suffer losses, you laugh along with the characters, you smile and feel touched when the guy and girl get together. You like pairing people around you up, ad never failing to smile and be happy when they do. However, you want a love life of your own as well. As a girl who still believes in fairy tales and happy endings, you want a prince to come and sweep you away.”

Hyoyeon was stunned. She got everything right! The old lady just smiled at her, as if knowing everything about her was normal.

The old lady continued, “You would find your prince soon, my! You might have even bumped into him.”

“Eh? Really?” Hyoyeon brightened up.

“Here,” The old lady passed her a book that was among the pile, “this would help you.”

However, before she could ask her how, the old lady told her this, “School’s about to start, isn’t it?”

Realising what the time was, Hyoyeon bolted up immediately and picking up the book, thanked the old lady before running towards school. As she ran, she couldn’t help but wonder – when did the old lady come? She has never seen her before, and to add on to the strangeness, she never even asked for payment.

“I’ll return after school to pay her.” Hyoyeon thought.

X

Wait for me at the library okay?

I need to go ask the teacher a few questions.

Leeteuk would come with me later too.  

Thanks!

~Taeyeon o(>w<)o~

Received: 14:30 P.M.

After reading the message, Hyoyeon went up to the library to wait for her unnie. The library was usually empty; most people would go home after school. It was the perfect place to lose yourself in a good book. However, there was only one, long table in the small, cozy library.

Settling onto a seat, she could see that there were only a few others in the library. Sliding her hand into her bag, she pulled out a book. However, she realised that she had taken out the wrong one. Instead of the book she had been reading, she had pulled out the book received from the fortune teller.

“Might as well see what this is about,” Hyoyeon thought, flipping the leather cover. On the first page was something handwritten – May you find your happy ending. That was strange, she didn’t see the fortune teller write anything on the book before passing it to her. That could only mean that the book was given to the old lady, and this little note was meant for her.

Fiddling with a corner of the page, she was about to flip it over before she heard her name being called out. Turning around, she saw the pair already settled into the seats beside hers.

“What are you reading?” Taeyeon asked, “This doesn’t seem like the one you were reading before.”

“Oh,” Hyoyeon said as she absentmindedly flipped the page, “Just something – “

But before she could finish her sentence, a white light blinded her. She felt as if she was falling. She tried grabbing onto the white light, but it passed through her fingers, like running water. Just as she felt like she was going to be falling forever in this oblivion, she felt the pressure change, and the white fading away. She was falling straight into grass.

It was rather thick, bushy grass so it had cushioned her fall a little. Just a little though, since her body still hurt. Like hell. Looking around, she realised that others had fallen like her and were about the pain.

Looking around, she found Taeyeon and Leeteuk trying to get up.

And she had to say it.

“Where the heck are we?” 

15 June 2012 ; 

YAY! Completed the first chapt. Next chapter would explore the first Fairy Tale! GuiLun would come out in the next chapt, promise !  (: