Redo! Redo! Redo!

The Pocket Watch [ONE - SHOT]

my first LayHan story so go easy on me ^^

 

 

LAY POV

 

I enter to an old store, theres a rumor in the neighborhood that this lady sells magic stuff.

Of course is just a rumor, and you shouldn’t believe everything you hear. But im desperate, so I hope this works.

The store smells like old plants, and trash. What kind of magical thing is this? “can I help you?” an old lady comes out from a door, shes short and shes wearing a big dress.

Something from the 80s “oh…ye..s yes” I get close to the counter, so I can speak to her more properly “I want a love potion” the old lady laughs “if is true love, then it doesn’t need a love ‘potion’, now get out”

She starts to wave her hand for me to get out “no, no please, you got to help me” she leaves the counter and walks towards me, shes pretty scary ones you have her in your face.

Out of nowhere she pushes me “get out! Get out!” she might seem old but shes really strong, oh maybe im just weak? Nah shes strong.

“fine” I yell and shes stops pushing me “I just want Luhan to fall for me, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be” I sigh “how stupid right? The popular kid, falling for me..a nerd” I open the door to get out

I remember how excited I was, I didn’t even went home. I came running from school to the store, but for what? For nothing.

“I might have something for you kid” I turn around smiling, I want to jump of excitement but I think it would be to weird.

“what you need is not a love potion, you need guts” great I feel worst “and chances” she opens a box and takes a pocket watch “here” she throws it to me, and I barely catch it.

The watch looks really old, I think the watch is even older than this lady “everytime you screw up, all you have to do is say ‘redo’ and the day would start all over again”

I open it, and the watch wasn’t even ticking “this watch doesn’t work” but when I turn to see the old lady but she wasnt there anymore.

Ok weird, I look at the watch again “I guess it wouldn’t hurt” I take a breath and I close my eyes “redo”

 

-THE SAME DAY – THIS MORNING

 

I enter the school, and I see Luhan and Chen leading against the lockers. Can he be any cuter than that?

“hey Luhan” luhan looks at me, alittle confuse

“hi….”

“is Lay” Luhan Chuckles “oh that’s right, we have math together” Chen cant stop looking at me, is kinda creepy “actually is Gym” Luhan tries not to laugh at his mistake

“im sorry” why can he understand that I could never hate him? “actually I want to talk to you…” I look at Chen “alone” Luhan looks at Chen “please” Chen nods and leaves

“mhmm.. Luhan I want to ask you…” my hands begin to sweat, im out of breath like if I just ran a marathon. Calm down Lay you can do it, just speak calm

“would you like to go to the dan…”

I couldn’t continue with my question, cause Chen had thrown me a bucket of water.. cold water.

Laughter didn’t take long to ring in my hears.

I yell “REDO!”

 

We are in Gym class; ok Chen doesn’t have this class so nothing can happen.

“okay guys lets run” the coach yells and all the students begin to run, of course Luhan as amazing as he is, he was running in clouds.

Well it seem like it, not only was he perfect, he was smart, funny, beautiful. Lay theres no time for that right now.

Luhan was in the front, for a small boy he runs pretty fast.

In the other hand, im taller and yet im out of breath right now. And im in the way back.

I need to do something to get next to Luhan. I stop for a moment and I get all the strength that I have which is not a lot.

I push myself and I begin to run fast, my muscles feel like it going to break anytime soon, my heart well I didn’t have a heart. It feels like it had stop, and I was out of breath.

In another words, I was a running zombie.

I start to push everyone who was in my way, into I finally there he was, I need one more step to be…

Someone push me so hard that I land in a poodle of water. Luhan and the whole class stop running and they start to laugh. again.

“redo!”

Okay is lunch time, and I already said redo twice but the good thing is that no one remembers. Which is really good; I enter the cafeteria and I see Luhan sitting alone, perfect.

My eyes are glue to him, the way he has his face right now. The clueless eyes, and the sweet way his eating his food. Is to perfe….

“…ct…” Suho push the tray and all the food I have is now in my clothes, Luhan stands up and looks at me.

Oh no this is to embarrassing.

“redo!”

One of the things that Luhan loves is, acting. So im auditioning for the school play; im reading the script and the story is about a boy that is in love but no one believes him.

Also students can come and watch the auditions, which is perfect. Not only would I look good infront of Luhan but half of the school.

“next!” the director of the play says

I go up the stage, my character is a small one I play one of the servants that Luhan’s character talk to the most.

Luhan is infront of me trying to get in character, oh god this boy can he be more perfect?

“action!”

Luhan cleans his throat and begins

“why, why no one believes me? Im in love” the way Luhans eyes would shy as he pronounces every word, or the face he would make to make the scene more real. Is pure beauty  

“the way she smiles at me, the way her hair shy in the moonlight I love it all” - and I love you….

Luhan looks at me, and I begin to blush. Why is he looking at me like that? I look at him, and I begin to smile, I look down to hide my blushing cheeks

“your line!” I look at him “eh?”

“you have to say your line” he repeats again, calm. But that’s just his natural voice.

I look at the students that came, and they all laughing, why can I make things right?

“redo!”

Okay I try to be the smooth talker, the athletic and the artistic and it didn’t work. So im gonna try to be myself

“hey Luhan” before the class starts, I enter Luhan classroom and there he was. Sitting down next to the window, sometimes when I pass by his classroom I would see him, how he looks at that window.

Daydreaming about life, and how I wish he would think of me

“oh hey” he smiles, why can this boy stop smiling? Everytime he does it makes my heart beat rapidly

“would you like to go with me to the dance?” oh my god I did it! I ask Luhan out.

“what are you doing here nerd!” Chen pulls my underwear giving me a wedgie.

I again, laughter…

And onces again my heart breaks….

“that’s it!” I yell “im giving up”

I run, and I run ..

Ironically my legs can run fast now, maybe is just my instinct of survival.

I stop when I get to the garden that the school has. I lead in one of the tall trees, this is just a disaster maybe destiny is telling me that Luhan and me don’t go together.

I take the pocket watch and I throw it to the ground “stupid watch!”

“becareful before you hurt yourself” I turn to the voice, that voice that hunts my dreams, and my future

“Luhan?” I whisper

“you ask me something, and you didn’t give me time to answer” he walks towards me “and is rude if I don’t give you an answer”

I look down “if you gonna say no, just leave it like this”

Luhan lowers his head too, looking at mine “I didn’t say no”

Both of our faces rise up at the same time

“eh?”

“Lay would you like to go to the dance with me?”

He smiles so big, even his eyes are close. This is a new smile, his giving me a new smile.

Only for me?...

Oh Luhan…