Moon and the Sun

[Oneshot] Moon and the Sun

 

The colour of the sky blended in with the clouds, as thunder boomed loudly, announcing the arrival of a heavy rain. The thunder rolls across the sky as if someone was bowling on the top of the clouds; bright and powerful lighting stuck from the sky. No one was home except me, making me ever so alone and vulnerable. I was leaningagainst the cold window as fat raindrops splatteredon the windows continuously.  God’s feeling sad for me too? I smiled bitterly, wiping the tears that rolled down my cheeks with my sleeve. God understands how I feel?

Sungmin, my boyfriend – or rather I would call my ex-boyfriend, used on me, for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon is the school’s queenka, she has the looks; the figure; the money.

I could remember the first three words he said to me, “Let’s break up.”

I thought he had his difficulties, I thought that I could tell him how I can go through everything with him, until he said, “We were never real, everything was an act.”

Those words stabbed into my heart painfully, making me realize everything. The times we’ve spent together; the happiness; the sadness, all of them were fake. It was just to make Jiyeon jealous.

Hot tears rolled down intractably, making me sob harder. I buried my head into the pillow, yelling out in pain and frustration. Why am I this stupid to not notice all this? I fell so hard. But he isn’t there to catch me.

The door slammed open with a bang, revealing a dripping wet; frowning Bang Minsoo.

“Yah! What were you thinking! Running away during break time like this!” He stomped in, dropping his school bag on the floor. “I was looking for you all over school! How could you just disappear like that! Do you know how wo-”

I looked at him, focusing my attention on him. But his attention was not me, but my eyes.

“Why are your eyes swollen and red! Yah, what happened to you!” His continuous nagging shot at me like a bullet gun. I cracked a smile. At least someone is here to care for me.  His eyes widen, plopping next to me, slapping my arm softly, “Yah, are you crazy now! Smiling when I’m here scolding you for your mistakes!”

My smile turned to a cough, then a cry. I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my head in his shoulder to hide my cries. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist, patting my back gently, “Now, tell me what’s wrong.”

“Sungmin-”

“You broke up with him? Good job, I told you he wasn’t the one for you.”

“He – he used me. It was – it was all a fake, an act, oppa. He only wanted Jiyeon to get jealous, so he used me.”

He pushed away from me, holding onto my shoulders, looking at me. “What! How could he – that bastard - ” He stood up, but I grabbed onto his hand, knowing that he wanted to pick a fight with Sungmin.

“Don’t.” I shook my head, tears that blurred my vision rolled down, “Please don’t.”

He glared at no one in particular, he heaved out an angry sigh, before sitting down next to me again. “Fine. At least you’re not with him now. Show him you will be better without him. Don’t cry over him, it’s not worth it.”

I nodded weakly, looking at the bed sheet, playing with my fingers as silence enveloped us. I don’t know why, but I really like his presence now. It’s very comforting. I used to hate it whenever he scolded me, nagged at me, but now, I had no idea why, but I really like it.

Breaking the silence, I muttered, “Thank you for everything, oppa.” I looked up shyly, I was never the shy type; I was the outgoing and loud type. “I’m glad to have you as a best friend.”

His face fell, frowning slightly. He looked at the window, sighing again, mumbling something I couldn’t hear. I frowned, punching his arm. That’s when I realized he was wet. I stood up, but regretted as I fell on the floor.

“Numb…” My lips pressed into a firm line, as I massaged my legs, trying to make the numbness go away. I looked up, he was still looking at the window. Is he ignoring me now? I studied his features, his eyes aren’t that small. It only turns into small crescents when he smiles. His nose is not that pointy or flat. His lips are not as thick as Daniel’s. His jawline is obvious.

I looked away, mentally smacking myself for doing that. What was I doing? I stood up, walking towards one of my cupboards, taking out a towel. I left it on his head, bringing his attention back.

“You’re going to get sick,” I muttered, walking out of my room to my brother’s. “I’ll take some clothes from oppa’s bedroom so y-”

His arms wrapped around my waist, his chin touching my head.  Water dripped onto my face, I frowned, my hands placed over his as I tried to pull away. “You’re going to make me we-”

 “Let me stay like this for a while,” He spoke, snuggling with me. “A while will do.”

I froze, blinking. Did anything happen to him? Family problems? School affairs? “Yah.. Are you okay?” I asked in a small voice.

He pulled away giving me one of his smiles. That smile that I would classified it under fake, bitter, forced. “We are like the sun and the moon, mm?”

I frowned, mouth open agape. “What do you mean?”

“Nevermind, go get me some clothes.” He shook his head, pushing me to my brother’s room.