CHAPTER 1

Because I Look Like Her Bias

 

Suzy and Wonho were your average couple. They acted sweet and lovey to each other, especially Suzy. She’d fawn about him often, making Wonho dress up in the randomest clothes, as long as he looked handsome. But most people would think that as a couple gesture. But it was like Suzy was obsessed.

“Oppa! I bought you new clothes and makeup!”

“Suzy-ah…I don’t need any of that. You got me a lot last time. And guyliner doesn’t even look good on me.”

“What are you talking about? You look hot!”

But Wonho wasn’t complaining. He loved Suzy at least. Although he wished that she wouldn’t obsess over his looks so much, he thought it was better than no attention at all. But he never minded, he still thought obsession meant love. That was until he saw Suzy’s real obsession; Myungsoo.

It was one of those school day mornings when Wonho would walk to school with Suzy. As he turned the corner to Suzy’s home, he saw Suzy rush back into her house, probably forgetting something inside but in the process forgetting to close the front door. It then hit him that he had never been into Suzy’s house before and he walked in to surprise her. Seeing Suzy’s back in one of the bedroom, he was getting prepared to knock her door and surprise her.

What stopped him was a gigantic poster on the wall. It was of the Korean idol – Kim Myungsoo. But it wasn’t him that surprised him; it was the other half of the poster. It was him. And below the poster was a taped piece of paper. It had a list, but it was of similarities Myungsoo and he had in looks.

1.       Eyes

2.       Nose

3.       Mouth

4.       Hair (if styled!)

5.       EVERYTHING!!

He didn’t need to read too far to realize all this time, Suzy had been dressing up him, to look like Myungsoo. Looking around the walls, he saw smaller pictures. Still with Myungsoo and him, but he had exactly the same clothes and makeup; they looked almost identical. Wonho almost felt scared in Suzy’s room; like he was surrounded by the kind of aura he didn’t like. Before Suzy noticed him leave, he left the room in mid-tears.

Sorry Suzy, I won’t be able to bring you to school today. I’m sick.

Suzy threw her phone on her bed in annoyance. He’s such a pain! I’m so tired today. There’s no one who can carry me on their back. Aish!

Wonho slumped himself onto his bed, his tears falling onto his pillow. He couldn’t bear to see her – not today. He wasn’t sure who Suzy was anymore. Were her feelings towards him really sincere – that is, if there were any feelings? Was she just solely in love with the scary fact that he resembled someone that she admired? It did make sense in a way though.

Wonho knew Suzy was a fan of Myungsoo, but he didn’t really mind. He was jealous at times, but he was an idol, she wouldn’t have a chance. And he also believed that she would always be faithful to him, no matter whatever happened – like in those dramas they often watched together. It was weird that Suzy would want to finally watch an action and mystery drama – Jiu, she never liked that genre. But Wonho loved it and he recommended those types often. He just thought she was finally giving them a chance. Never had he thought that it was for one of the actors.

“What do you want to watch Suzy? Just quickly rent something. Shop’s closing soon.”

“Wait a minute oppa…ah! Let’s get this.”

“Action? Great! Come on Suzy.”

“It’s Japanese though…”

“It should be ok. It’ll have subtitles.”

I have to know the truth. Must talk to her tomorrow.

“Morning oppa!”

“Morning Suzy-ah.”

“Can I...ask you something important?”

“Sure.”

“Suzy…do you like…”

“Spit it out, oppa. We don’t have all day.”

She let out a chuckle, but stopped, seeing Wonho’s expression.

“Oh um…never mind. It’s not that important.”

“Whatever you say then…Oh wait don’t do your hair like that! Comb it properly!”

“I will…”

I can’t do it.

He realized was so in love, he’d do anything to be with Suzy, even if it wasn’t real love. So he stayed where he was, happy enough with the attention he received.