Proud of your Love

Proud

 

“She said 5 minutes… That’s not too long…” he said as he sat outside on the tiny bench that was next to the door of her home. His girlfriend was out and busy while he waited for her. She lived in a normal decent apartment while he bashed in luxury. Seeing the two of them in public together, they would be judged immediately for how incompatible they are together, but when its love, its love.

 

He suddenly heard a slow creaking. He turned to his right to find a tiny girl peeking through the other door. Once they made eye contact the girl gasp and closed the door. Yells from the building across with the other 500 residents was heard. The night was quiet and he gripped tightly onto the bouquet of red roses. He was irritated. Definitely irritated.

 

“Argh! Damn it to hell Lisa!” he said as he gripped tighter. “What woman makes Jaejoong, the Kim Jaejoong wait? Argh!” Jaejoong said. “You’re full of yourself today. As like everyday anyway.” Jaejoong heard a voice and as he turned left he saw her with her coat on and books with her bag hanging on her shoulder and her hands with portfolios and a box of coloring pens.

 

Jaejoong saw how half lidded her eyes were, she was tired. He saw her hands shaking, signified how tired she was. Jaejoong’s anger slowly decreased when he realized that it was just like how Lisa would look at him at times when she waited for him. Compared to the effort she put to their relationship years ago the effort Jaejoong has now isn’t as equal as to the love Lisa showered Jaejoong with.

 

Lisa reached her front coat pocket slowly and took out her keys as she went inside leaving the door be as she knew Jaejoong would follow. She took off her coat and placed her bag on the coffee table along with her portfolios and coloring pens. She headed to the kitchen and took out some milk from the fridge and drank.

 

Jaejoong sat down on the couch and placed the roses on top of Lisa’s things. “You need to stop.” Lisa said and Jaejoong turned to see her standing there with a carton of milk in her hand. Jaejoong knew she was right, he needed to stop. She gave him back his freedom so he wouldn’t need to sneak around with her anymore, but Jaejoong was persistent.

 

And utterly stubborn…

 

He wasn’t going to allow petty things break off something he had special with Lisa. But after before… What more could she want from him?

 

 

 

 

Lisa was in the midst of the crowd of stalker fans outside of Jaejoong’s apartment. She was trying to figure out a plan to get inside without any of the fans noticing her. She immediately opted for the garage entrance but fans were already there. This was hopeless.

 

She grabbed her phone and began to text.

 

To: My Crazy Hubby

Can we meet elsewhere?

I can’t get thru.

2 many fans here. 3

 

Lisa sent the text and not long after she received a message.

 

From: My Crazy Hubby

Babe im 2tired.

Pls find a way 4 me?

*puppy eyes* <3 :*

 

Lisa sighed and she couldn’t handle it anymore so she walked inside directly with fans whispering at her ear. Just then an ahjumma was holding a bag of groceries and she thought of an idea. “Oh! Eomma! Please! I told you to stay home and let me do the shopping!” she said as she took the grocery bags from the ahjumma’s hands. The ahjumma simply stared at her. Lisa placed the groceries on her left arm as she took the ahjumma’s hands on her right.

 

She continued to make fake scolding to the woman as they entered the building. Once they were out of the sight of fans, and what seems to be a misunderstanding, or so it is on their part, she let go and gave the groceries to the ahjumma. She bowed. “Sorry, I’d love to help you for helping me but it’s an emergency that I need to go now.” Lisa said as she rushed towards the stairs and headed for the  pent house, the stairs were safer than elevators.

 

As  finally got to the penthouse her feet were killing her. She placed her hands on the while trying not to lose her balance and keeping up as she walked slowly towards Jaejoong’s front door. She began to ring the doorbell and not later than that Jaejoong appeared in his wife beater and pajama bottoms. “You look like you came from a marathon.” Jaejoong said and Lisa was too tired to talk. He let her in and gave her some water.

 

“So, what are we gonna do today?” Lisa asked excited, pushing aside her tired feeling. Jaejoong scratched the back of his head and made a face. Lisa knew that face all too well and she dropped her happy feeling and she knew what was gonna happen next.

 

“I’m sorry baby it’s just that I can’t. I have to finish this song because my producers are bugging me and they say I need this ready before my filming for Jackal continues.”Jaejoong said and Lisa nodded her head. She put on a fake smile as she turned to look at him.

 

“It’s okay, I understand!”

 

 

 

 

 

That day when Lisa said those words she had a bright smile but her eyes were the same as today. Tired and lifeless. Lisa was working on her portfolio on the other end of the couch. Jaejoong was on the opposite and stared at her. Lisa was feeling uncomfortable so she grabbed her things and headed for her room, closing the door. Jaejoong sighed as he was left alone.

 

He decided to do something sweet. He got up and took the keys for Lisa’s front door. He headed to the grocery store and tried to look around the different food aisles. He was unsure of what food to make her. he wasn’t quite sure he even remembered her favorite dish. Upon realizing this Jaejoong stopped on his tracks.

 

… Am I really like this? What kind of boyfriend am I? Jaejoong thought as he realized he knew even the littlest things about Lisa. He suddenly remembered the first day he met her. He would never forget it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So this is your new stylist.” TVXQ’s manager said as they showed two girls in front of them but he was directing at the taller woman. The other one next to her who seemed to be just 2 inches shorter than her was smiling brightly at them. “And this beautiful smiling girl is…?” Yoochun asked so slyly and she giggled.

 

“My name is Lisa! I’m Ms. Lee’s assistant. I’m working part-time and I’m smiling this bright because I’m standing in front of the people I’ve adored for years.” Lisa said and they were all surprised to know she was a fan, she seemed calmer than the usual and they knew she was going to be nice.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong smiled at those memories. He could never forget them. They were the most important memories towards him. Jaejoong sighed as he went to the junk food section and started grabbing packs of Doritos cheese chips. He placed them all in the basket and went to the other end, taking the biggest jar of Nutella as he headed for the ice cream. He grabbed a chocomint flavor and headed for the cashier, paying immediately.

 

Jaejoong hopped inside his car and drove back to Lisa’s place immediately. He parked his car where it was unseen and made a quick dash to the entrance. He was too excited to wait for the elevator and since Lisa was only on the second floor he decided to bear with the stairs. As he arrived he went inside her place and locked the door. He went to look and he saw her door was still closed.

 

Jaejoong rushed to the kitche, taking a big bowl and placing it on the counter. He opened the bags of Doritos and scattered them all inside the bowl. He took the jar of Nutella and a spoon as he spread it everywhere and finally, using the chocomint he scattered them as well. He knew how Lisa loved to combine chips and sweets. At least he knew that.

 

He grabbed the bowl and two cans of coke as he entered her room. Lisa looked up at him once as he was slowly closing her door. He placed the bowl next to Lisa’s bed side table along with the cans of coke. He took a chair that was close  by and sat next to her bed.

 

“Put that down and let’s have something delicious! ” Jaejoong said enthuastically. But Lisa simply ignored him and continued to do her work. Jaejoong noticed she wasn’t even moving and the more he got annoyed. He let out a deep sigh and messed his hair in annoyance. He stood up and his sudden actions caught Lisa’s attention.

 

“Why can’t you just give me even a bit of attention?! I waited for you the entire day! I cancelled a lot of appearances and deals just to wait for you and be here with you today and now when you get home so late you decide to ignore me?!” Jaejoong let out his frustrations and Lisa simply stared at him. “Don’t just ignore me after I just said everything I’ve been keeping in!” Jaejoong yelled and Lisa slammed her things down.

 

“I broke up with you didn’t I? So you wouldn’t have to be here and you wouldn’t have to bear with all the hiding and stuff? Oh wait, that was just me! All you did was just be yourself, hide. You didn’t give any effort back then! It was always me who had to meet you, who had to sneak in, who had to make sure nobody was looking!” Lisa yelled and Jaejoong didn’t know what to say because he knew she was right.

 

“Get out. I told you once and I’ll tell you again. I don’t want anything to do with you. Now leave me alone and my life forever please.” Lisa said and went straight to her bathroom. Jaejoong was looking down on the ground and staring at her drawing of a beautiful white dress which seemed to be a wedding gown. Jaejoong pulled his hand from his pocket and along with this his hand was a small shining item.

 

A ring…

 

“Damn it Jaejoong you . Obviously she doesn’t love you anymore why even bother…” Jaejoong said to himself and walked out of Lisa’s room and headed back home.

 

After hiding in the bathroom for what seems like an hour Lisa peeked through the doors and saw no sign of him. She walked out and grabbed her things from the floor, she saw the bowl of food with melted ice cream all over the place. She grabbed it and tossed it in the trash. Lisa tried to relax herself before focusing on working on her stuff again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

June 14, 2012

 

“Mmm, this cake is good. I like this more!” Alixson said as she continued to dig in the piece that was for taste testing. “You do realize this is for Lisa right?” Yoochun said as he looked at Alixson who was enjoying the dish. “It’s a cake for Lisa, something she likes not what you like.” Yoochun said. “Aw, you’re so mean to me!” Alixson said and continued to eat with a frown while Yoochun simply chuckled.

 

“Hey hey hey!” Junsu ran inside and hugged Yoochun. “Hi! So all of you got your invitations right?!” Alixson asked and all of them stared at her. “You make Lisa’s birthday party sound like a kid’s party.” Yunho said and Alixson’s smiled. “Speaking of, where’s the birthday girl?” Changmin asked and the two shrugged. “She said she had somewhere important to go. Changmin! Come here! Taste this cake it’s so good!” Alixson said and Changmin followed.

 

Jaejoong was just standing there. She didn’t come… Is it because she knew I was coming with these guys… Jaejoong thought and walked out of the place. It wasn’t too long till all of them noticed he was no longer there. Changmin and Alixson were busy tasting the cakes.

 

“Where’d hyung go?” Junsu asked Yunho who was browsing at the portfolio of cakes along with Yoochun. Yunho turned to look at where they entered and saw that nobody else was in the small cake shop but them. “He was just behind us…” Yunho said.

 

-

 

“Ah! !” Lisa cursed as she carried the remaining other portfolios. Some of the ones on top dropped along with her coloring materials and she didn’t know how exactly she was supposed to pick those up. Everyone else was far away from where she was and they were all busy talking to one another. She slowly tried to bend her feet down but ended up falling on her . “Argh!” She yelled in annoyance as she began to take all of her things.

 

“Here, let me help.” A familiar voice spoke and Lisa looked up to see Jaejoong. “Thanks Jaejoong, you should go before someone notices you under that mask and sunglasses.” Lisa said a bit cold and distant as she began to walk. Jaejoong grabbed her arm and pulled her to the parking lot. Lisa was struggling to make him let go but Jaejoong was stronger. He placed her in the car and went to the driver’s seat. He took off his cap, mask and sunglasses and locked the door.

 

“Jaejoong, let me the out okay? It’s been 8 months and yet here you are again? Weren’t you dating some model or something?” Lisa asked and Jaejoong shook his head as he started his car. “That was a pathetic rumor the Avex company tried to come up with so they can let her fame rise up. It’s messed up I haven’t even been to Japan for 2 years now. I didn’t even know she existed.” Jaejoong said and Lisa rolled her eyes.

 

“Let me go alright?!” Lisa said and was about to reach for the car door lock but Jaejoong stopped her. “What the hell Jaejoong?! Let me go already jeez! I want nothing to do with you!” Lisa said and Jaejoong glared at her. “Too bad I do…” Jaejoong said and drove as fast as he could.

 

-

 

“Has hyung come back yet?” Junsu asked as he was putting the phone down. Changmin shook his head. “Why?” Changmin asked. “That was Alixson, she said Lisa hasn’t come back yet and according to Alixson she was supposed to be here around 2 pm already since her classes finished at 12 today. It’s 10 o’clock and they’re both nowhere to be found. Do you think hyung-”

 

“Let’s not talk about it. Even if he did it’s his business right?” Changmin said as he continued to play with the Rubik’s cube. “Hyung really is stubborn isn’t he?” Junsu said and Changmin shrugged his shoulders as Junsu watched him build the colors back together. “Hyung has been wanting to ask Lisa ever since they celebrated their 2 year anniversary. He was just distracted by so many things to even pop the question.” Changmin said.

 

“Would you two stop being such gossip girls and talking about Jaejoong and Lisa.” Yunho said as he came in with Yoochun. “It can’t be helped, I’m sitting next to a woman.” Changmin said and Junsu glared at him while Yoochun and Yunho just laughed.

 

Far from where they were, Lisa and Jaejoong were at an open field. It seemed like a farming field. Jaejoong parked his car at the center and got out. He sat on the hood and Lisa just stared at him. She looked around and it was quite dark. Jaejoong had closed his car lights. Lisa came out and slowly approached him. “What the hell are we doing here?” Lisa asked as she looked at the place.

 

“It’s not a farm if that’s what you’re thinking.” Jaejoong said and Lisa just simply stared at him. Jaejoong patted at the hood of his car and Lisa sat down. “I don’t know what to say honestly, but I want to start with I’m sorry. I know it’s not enough but… It’s a start…” Jaejoong said and looked at Lisa. She rolled her eyes and Jaejoong was a bit annoyed that she seems to not believe him.

 

“You’re unbelievable. You dragged me to an open field to give your pathetic apology?” Lisa said and Jaejoong simply remained quiet. “Why are we here and what is this place?” Lisa asked and Jaejoong looked at her. “It’s quite far from the urban life. Not much people are into Kpop stars here and everything. I always imagined myself with the woman I love staying here. This field, I intend to contrast a house here and the construction starts tomorrow and finishing date is said to be-” Jaejoong stopped and looked at his watch before continuing. “A year from today.” Jaejoong said and looked at Lisa.

 

She simply glared at him. He tells me his plans with his future wife. What a jackass. “Screw you Kim Jaejoong, bring her here and not me.” Lisa said angry and Jaejoong was surprised. Lisa didn’t get it. Jaejoong opened his mouth to explain but “Don’t say a word!” Lisa cut him off and went inside the car. Jaejoong followed suit.

 

“Lisa, you didn’t let me finish, I-” “I don’t want to hear it Kim Jaejoong! Can you just please take me home, NOW!” Lisa yelled and plugged in her earphones as she blasted it into full volume and stared outside the window. Jaejoong started the car and looked at the time inside his car.

 

12:04

 

It has been 4 minutes since Lisa’s birthday started. Jaejoong drove her back to her place and he couldn’t say anything because Lisa kept blocking him as she got out of the car. Lisa headed back to her place and decided to sleep it off but obviously Alixson kept interrogating her with questions of where she’s been.

 

-

 

June 15, 2013

 

“Happy birthday!” Alixson yelled at Lisa as she was sitting on Lisa’s stomach. Lisa opened her eyes to see Alixson’s goofy face with a Panda hat. “What the Alixson, get off me!” Lisa groaned and pushed Alixson off who fell off the other side of the bed. “Crap Lisa, don’t tell me you’ll spend your birthday in bed again. Come on! Don’t! I worked so hard for your party tonight! You spent it in bed last year and left me to eat all the food by myself.” Alixson pouted and Lisa groaned. “You wanted to eat it by yourself anyway.” Lisa said and Alixson rolled her eyes.

 

“You’re not spending your birthday in bed! It’s 6 pm already! Get your up!” Alixson said as she grabbed Lisa’s arms and gave all her strength as she tried to pull Lisa off the bed. “Ugh, Alixson stop that! Let me sleep!” Lisa groaned. “Lisa, it’s 6 pm and you want to sleep. I’m not allowing it!” Alixson said and continued to shower in force as she tried to grab Lisa and continuously try to get her up.

 

“Okay fine!” Lisa abruptly got up causing Alixson to fall off the bed. She gasped. “Holy crap, are you okay?” Lisa asked as she stared at her friend who was on the floor. “I’m fine…” Alixson replied.

 

Lisa and Alixson took an hour to get ready before they headed to the restaurant. “I thought we were going clubbing?” Lisa asked and Alixson had a huge grin on her face. “Don’t tell me this is like a Cobra Starship music video where the clubs at the back of the restaurant by the kitchen.” Lisa said and Alixson giggled. “Don’t be silly…” Alixson said.

 

“That music video had a deli not a restaurant.” Alixson smiled and Lisa rolled her eyes. “Sit down and I’ll go get the chef to prep our food!” Alixson said and ran to the kitchen in a rush. Lisa sat down on the table. She noticed only two plates. “Guess Alixson wanted me all for herself tonight.” Lisa said and smiled at her giddy friend.

 

“Ahem.” A voice caught her attention and she saw both Yunho and Yoochun standing next to her. “What the…” Lisa looked at the two who were in waiter costumes with fake mustaches on. Lisa tried to hold her laughter. Yoochun felt embarrassed while Yunho simply smiled.

 

“You said I get to be the chef!” a squeaky voice was speaking at the back. “No Junsu! I said you were the assistant Chef!” Alixson spoke. “What?” Junsu asked in shock. “What does he do then?” Junsu asked and Lisa turned to the door to try and see if she could spot them but they were nowhere in sight. “Changmin test tastes the food!” Alixson said and then she finally came out.

 

“Waiter! We’d like to have the best dish your cook can serve for us!” Alixson said and the two bowed  before leaving. The came back with a tray of food and set it in front of them. Not too long Alixson began digging in and Lisa was about to until…

 

“How do you like your food?” a familiar voice spoke and Lisa looked up to see Jaejoong in a chef’s outfit with Junsu next to him and Changmin on the other end. “What is he doing here Alixson?” Lisa asked a bit angry and Alixson was confused. “Don’t be mad! He’s the chef! Changmin’s the taste tester and Junsu’s the assistant.” Alixson explained and Lisa dropped her fork and knife on her place as she crossed her arms and looked away from them.

 

“What’s wrong ma’am? Don’t you like your food?” Jaejoong asked. “Yes, and I hate the person who made it the most too.” Lisa said and Alixson frowned. “But… You haven’t even touched your food yet Lisa.” Alixson reasoned and Lisa rolled her eyes. “Would you stop trying to help this bastard come and take me back? It’s been a year Alixson and he’s still chasing after me!” Lisa said. “Then that means he truly loves you! Isn’t that enough?” Alixson said and Lisa rolled her eyes as she got up and walked away.

 

“Lisa!” Alixson said but Jaejoong sat her down again. “I’ll deal with it. Thanks for helping.” Jaejoong said and they all watched as Jaejoong ran after her. Lisa was walking back to her car when Jaejoong grabbed her arm and spun her around. He was about to give her a romantic kiss but Lisa covered his mouth. “Don’t try some movie romance on me Jaejoong. Just leave me alone already. What the hell is wrong with you?” Lisa said and Jaejoong got totally mad.

 

“That’s it…” Jaejoong whispered as he grabbed Lisa’s arm and carried her up like a sack of rice. Lisa was yelling for him to stop and hitting his back but Jaejoong ignored this. He dumped her inside his car and locked her door before she could try to open it. He rushed to the passenger’s seat and they began to battle.

 

Lisa opened the lock but Jaejoong would lock it again from the driver’s side. They kept doing the same action until Jaejoong started his car and finally drove as fast as he could ignoring all red lights. Lisa sat on her seat and knowing how fast the car was going she closed her eyes and tried not to look. Minutes later she felt them slow down and finally come to a soft stop.

 

She kept her eyes closed but she heard the car door open on Jaejoong’s side. Not too long she heard her side open. She put her hands down and in front of her was a simply yet cute modern styled home. Jaejoong helped her get out as Lisa kept staring at the beauty of the home.

 

“This is… Wow…” Lisa said as she looked at it. Jaejoong grabbed her hand and they walked inside. Jaejoong led her to the bedroom and on the bed was a beautiful lace dress. Lisa’s eyes were wide open as she noticed it was her design.

 

“That’s…” Lisa tried to speak but she couldn’t bring it out. “Your dress.” Jaejoong said and Lisa looked at Jaejoong. “This place, remember, I brought you here and we left 4 minutes after 12 midnight which at the time was already your birthday.” Jaejoong said and Lisa suddenly remembered the open field and the things Jaejoong told her.

 

“So, you and your wife are getting married? And you stole my design for it?” Lisa said as she stared at the dress with anger. “How should I know…” Jaejoong said and Lisa turned to look at Jaejoong confused. “I haven’t gotten to pop the question to her yet, and I’ve been trying to for exactly 4 years now. And she still won’t let me finish the things I say so I could marry her already.” Jaejoong said and tried to reach for something in his pocket.

 

“I know you hate cheesy stuff but you’ll need to let this pass.” Jaejoong said as he got down on one knee. Lisa’s eyes grew in surprise and Jaejoong looked up at her innocently as he held the ring in the middle of the distance between them. Jaejoong held Lisa’s hand. “I know you’ve hated me, I wasn’t putting effort in our relationship in the past and when I finally tried you had enough. But I hope you still love me, even just a little bit. And if you say yes to me, I’ll bring that little piece of love you have for me out and spread it so you’d love me all over again. Be my lovely cute little fangirl all over again. A person who I can officially say I’m proud of her love for me.” Jaejoong said.

 

Lisa was loss for words and Jaejoong tried to breathe as he felt his sweat trickling down. “Lisa, will you marry me please?” Jaejoong said with puppy pleading eyes and Lisa stared at him. “Stop staring and give me an answer, I’m about to have a heart attack here Lisa.” Jaejoong said and Lisa chuckled as tears flowed down her cheeks and she nodded her head. “That’s yes right?” Jaejoong asked and Lisa nodded her head and Jaejoong slipped the ring on her finger and finally got up and held her face in between his hands.

 

“I love you and I’m sorry… I’ll always make it up to you for the rest of my life baby.” Jaejoong said and kissed her. Once they stopped Lisa look down on the dress. “How’d you-”

 

“You live with a childish girl who can be really sneaky.” Jaejoong said and Lisa remembered Alixson all of a sudden. “We kind of got irritated because she said you kept drawing everything in lace and she didn’t know which of the designs you made were the ones I was talking about.” Jaejoong said and Lisa giggled. “Isn’t it bad luck for the groom to see the bride’s dress?” Lisa said and Jaejoong pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead as he placed her head on his chest.

 

“I’m already committing myself to a lifetime of luck just knowing we’re getting married.” Jaejoong said and Lisa smiled.

 

Jaejoong could never be more proud of Lisa’s love and Lisa could never be more proud to say to everyone how proud she is to be in love with Jaejoong.