Call #1...

[Hiatus] Can You Hear Me Now?

"And who is this honest drunk member?..." Jaesuk asks expectantly.

 

SNSD quickly replies.

"Jung Jessica."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

SNSD, guests on todays 'Come To Play,' were having a blast and telling funny experiences and stories. But, in the midst of it all, weird habits come to the forefront and hence begins the exposition of Jessica's unusual drunk habit..... 

"Aniii~" Jessica begins, trying to think of an explanation while everyone in the audience, and on set, are squealing and voicing their suprise. "I- I can't remember anything like that."

"Ah, so it's true." Jaesuk says, causing more giggling and laughter.

"Yes, because she can't seem to remember calling anyone, she must have been drunk at the time." Wonhee nods in agreement, struggling to hold in her laughter.

"Annniiiiiii~" 

 

As Jessica tries to deny her unusual habit, Tiffany leans forward and grabs hold of Jessica's hand.

"There was an incident that happened after we released 'Kissing You,' and during the time we were preparing for the release of 'Gee,' where Jessie-"

Sooyoung, who is sitting right behind Jessica breaks out into laughter, causing the MC's to get suspicious.

"It seems Sooyoung knows about this!" Wonhee says, excited.

"And by her sudden outburst, it must have been some phone call!" Jaesuk agrees, equally excited. "Was Sooyoung, by chance, with you Tiffany?"

"Yes, she was," Tiffany smiles, "And so was our maknae, Seohyun.

I was video chating with my sister, -since my family lives in America, it is hard being able to talk and see them face-to-face..."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback to the year 2008~

(All conversations with Tiffany's unnie and Jessica are being done in English)

After 3 hours of talking and catching up, the elder of the Hwang sisters has to leave.

"Hey, Steph, don't look so down!" the older sister comforted, "You've got great friends by your side and you're stronger than all of us here in the States combined!"

Tiffany tried her best to lighten up, a hint of her eye smile beginning to form.

"I love you... And send my love to everyone else, Dad especially."

"And, of course, we love you more!!!" 

After many air-hugs and air-kisses, they both signed off.

Tiffany sighs quietly. Just as she is about to close her laptop, Seohyun, who Tiffany assumed was sleeping, bolts up into a sitting position. Surprised, and caught off guard, Tiffany screams.

"Yah! Seohyun! What are you doing?!" Tiffany blurts a bit breathless.

"Unnie, I'm sorry!" Maknae Seohyun apologizes constantly. "I was just getting up to ask you if you were alright."

"Yah, Why didn't you just ask me while lying down?" questioned Tiffany, finally getting a hold of herself.

"That would've probably made you scared." Seohyun said, stating it like it was obvious. Before Tiffany could say anything, their room door bursts open to reveal a very hyper shikshin.

"Yah! Sooyoung-ah! What have we said about knocking?" Tiffany chides. But Sooyoung just waves it off and enters the room, closes the door behind her, and jumps on the bed next to Tiffany.

"Yah, your phone has been going off like crazy! So I brought it to you." Sooyoung explained, handing Tiffany her cellphone. "Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

"No, because I know you guys have been trying to unlock it."

Seohyun laughs because she knows it's true. This wasn't the first time.

"We didn-"

Sooyoung was cut off by Tiffany's cell, which began ringing.

                "Loving you, is easy 'cause you're beautiful,

                 And loving you, is all I wanna do-"

"Yah! That's the ringtone!!!" Sooyoung shouted, pointing at Tiffany's cell and jumping up and down excitedly. "Who is it? It's a guy right?"

"What are you saying? Unnie doesn't talk to guys at this time of the day," Seohyun said exasperated. "Right unnie?"

Tiffany merely smiled mischievously and answered her phone.

"Hello?"

"Heeeyyyy Fany~" Jessica said brightly. "What cha doin'?"

"Oh nothing, just sitting in my room." Tiffany replied, all the while hiding her humor at the faces and pleas Sooyoung and Seohyun were currently giving her. "Are you still with Park Minyoung-unnie?"

There was a slight pause, where Jessica sounded to be talking to someone, followed by a cycle of clatters, until Jessica finally responded. "Yeeeaaaaahhh~"

The short pause got Tiffany a bit concerned, but the clattering increased that concern and made her a bit anxious.

"Where are you?" she asked, a crease forming from her heightening concern.

"Hahaha... Fany Fany STEPHANIE!" Jessica squealed into the phone, "Don't -hiccup- worry! Minyoung-unnie and I are -hiccup- fine!"

"Where is Minyoung-unnie?" Tiffany asked suspiciously, shushing the curious and clueless Sooyoung and Seohyun. "I mean, she is there, right?"

"Of course she's -hiccup- here. She's lying face-down on her bag." Jessica leans forward and lightly pats Minyoung's head. "She's -hiccup- had a rough -hiccup- day."

"Is she- Yah! JUNG JESSICA!" Tiffany suddenly shouts, "Are you drunk?!!!"

Sooyoung and Seohyun, who were leaning close to listen in to the conversation, immediately sighed as Tiffany said Jessica's name. "I told you Fany-unnie wouldn't do something so crazy." Sooyoung stared at her maknae for a few seconds before pulling her into a hug.

"You're so pure and innocent..." Sooyoung said, pulling away and wiping away faux tears. "But," she added quietly, "Is Jessica doing something crazy?" Seohyun's face became so shocked and incredulous that Sooyoung burst out laughing and apologized using her 'special' agyeo. All the while Seohyun's fingers and toes curled as she squealed from the after-effects of Sooyoung's agyeo.

"Yah! Jessie!" Tiffany was still shouting. "I said, Are you drunk?!!!"

"Put it on speaker!" Seohyun unexpectedly suggested.

Tiffany, too concerned to argue, immediately complied, and the three girls huddled around the phone awaiting Jessica's reply.

"Haha... I'm not -hiccup- drunk~" Jessica slurred. "I'm just a bit tipsy."

But, after a short pause and a few more hiccups, Jessica eventually confessed, "Okay, I guess I am -hiccup- a bit -hiccup- drunk~"

"Yah!" Sooyoung cut in, before the other two could say anything, "Stop speaking in English!"

"Omona!" Jessica gasped. "Sooyoung-hiccup-ah? Sooyoung-ah, Hello~"

Jessica bowed and her head hit the table. Immediately, she began making a combination of squeals and dolphin noises, causing Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun to get a little scared. "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah..." Jessica meekly replied rubbing her aching forehead, "I just hope I -hiccup- don't get a bruise."

"Then, you'd have given up your soccer career for nothing," Sooyoung muttered, smiling.

"Anyway Jessie," Tiffany cut in, "Why have you been calling my phone like crazy?"

"Ah~" Jessica thought for a moment, "I wanted to tell you that I dislike you."

"EHHHH???!!!" Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun gasped loudly, shocked.

"What do you mean you 'dislike' me?!!!" Tiffany shouted. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. The only other American-born girl, the one she was going to be really close to until they were ancient old geezers, disliked her!

"Unnie," Seohyun tried to soothe. "I'm sure Jessica-unnie has a very good reason. She wouldn't be that way without one, right unnie?"

"Yes, yes. -hiccup- Thanks Seohyunie~" Jessica said from the other line. "And, since you're there, I should tell you that I dislike you too."

"EHHHH???!!!" Seohyun gasped, totally caught off guard. "Unnie!"

All the while, Sooyoung laughed loudly, happy that her name was not said.

"Wait!" Tiffany said to Seohyun. "I'm sure Jessie has a very good reason. She wouldn't be that way without one, right Jessie?"

Seohyun pouted, having her words being used against her.

"Let me explain -hiccup- though," Jessica slurred. "I'm just... -hiccup- ... I'm jealous."

The three girls were, once again, caught completely and totally off guard.

"Explain." Tiffany said, curious.

"Well... It's just that... Uhhh....." Jessica stalled, trying to think of the right words to explain how she felt.

"Spill!" an impatient Sooyoung demanded.

"EverytimeItrytobecute,itneverworks." Jessica hurriedly confessed.

"What?" Tiffany was frustrated.

"Uh huh..." Sooyoung said unsure.

"Can you repeat that please unnie?" Seohyun, intent and focused.

"I- I'm not -hiccup- able to be -hiccup- cute... Like you and Fany." Jessica sadly sighed. "No matter what I -hiccup- do," she continued, fussing with her hair angrily, "It's always awkward."

"Yah, Jessie-" 

"Let me finish -hiccup- Fany, please."

The underlying plea in Jessica's voice had Tiffany pulling back, and left the other two concerned.

"Go on."

"For -hiccup- maknae, it's only natural -hiccup- that her awkward charms are -hiccup- so cute..." Jessica trailed.

"What about me?" Tiffany asked after a minute of silence.

"You? Well... I sometimes -hiccup- find myself feeling envious -hiccup- of you."

Jessica thought for a second before continuing. "You make it seem so -hiccup- easy! Even that time when we went on PKL-unnies show and Star Golden Bell."

"When I was being called out for being the 'dirtiest' member?" Tiffany frowned just as Sooyoung and Seohyun smiled.

"Yeah." Jessica confirmed. "I was so jealous."

"You were jealous of me because I was the 'dirtiest' member?!" an incredulous Tiffany gasped.

"Ani~" Jessica said, whining and filling that one word with a months worth of agyeo. "I was jealous because -hiccup- during that time, you were able to play -hiccup- it down because of you're -hiccup- extremely effective agyeo."

"Yah!" Sooyoung shouted just as Seohyun muttered an, "Aigu~"

Tiffany smiled and laughed as she heard Jessica's weird reasoning. It was so like her to stress over something like that.

"If it makes you feel better," Tiffany said, anticipating Jessica's response. "I'll help you show some of my secret agyeo moves that you can use for our 'Gee' promotions!"

"Chinja?!!!!" Jessica squealed excitedly. "Fany Fany STEPHANIE, SARANGHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hahaha!!!" Jaesuk laughed heartily along with the audience and staff members present. "What a weird reason to 'dislike' people for!"

Wonhee was looking at Jaesuk, shaking her head.

"You wouldn't know how a girls heart worked... And didn't you promise you would refrain from showing your gums?"

Everyone laughed as Jaesuk muttered a, "Oh, that's right."

Meanwhile Sooyoung began protesting, "Yah, Fany-ah! You left out what I said afterwards."

"I know." Tiffany said, patting Jessica's head as she hung it, embarrassed. "I just wanted to end it with Sica sending me her love."

Everyone erupted in a sea of, "Ehhhhh!!!!!" as Tiffany flashed her agyeo filled eye-smile.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

.... Somewhere, some one spits out his drink in surprise from hearing this revelation of Jessica's unusual honest-drunk habit. He just happened to turn on the TV and was right on time to see it.

"Yah! Hyung!" his dongsaeng rushes in, "Are you alright?"

"Uh... Yeah Seungri." The hyung replies, wiping away his sprayed beverage, "Everything is just fine." 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Finally updated! I'm sorry for the long wait, but I do hope it is worth it! And I also had some things to take care of. Helped my cousin with her baby nieces funeral... So I was a bit caught up in that. But I'm back, and I hope to be able to update, not to mention read, often!!! ^^

And THANK YOU to all my subscribers!!! And to all who have commented!!! Your feedback means a lot, and I mean A LOT! - To me... So, Thanks! ^^

Please look forward to the next chapter and have a Great Day~