I was your Girlfriend

I was your Girlfriend [ One Shot ]

 

       Hyosung opened the bedroom door and literally flung herself onto her bed. She kicked off her shoes and curled up onto her side and closed her eyes.  She had just come back from her late night class at Seoul University and was beyond tired from the day’s activities.  She had devoted her life to studying part time and working full time.  Though for most students it would be the other way around, Hyosung was not the richest nor from an elite family and making money was one of her biggest priority if she wanted to have the education she needed to make her dreams come true. It was Exam period and like every other student, Hyosung was trying to make ends meet while balancing school and work.

        Hyosung got up from her curled up position and let loose her tied up blond hair. She looked at herself in the dresser mirror and touched her face.  She made a bitter face as she examined the bags that had started to form beneath her eyes.  She leaned in to the mirror and frowned. *why have I become like this*.  Her eyes left the mirror and onto a glass frame that was faced down on her dresser. She picked it up and stared at it emotionless. It was a picture of her and Kikwang on their 1st anniversary dinner. She was looking up at him with a smile and he was grinning with a peace sign.  She put the frame down and carelessly sat on her bed.  She had a faint smile as she wondered what he was doing right now. 

     She grabbed her phone and started dialing his number.  She hesitated as she put the phone to her ear. ‘The number you have called is unavailable.’ Hyosung shut her phone and bit her lip. *Did he change his number*.  She redialed the number that her heart had memorized.  Once again, the number was unreachable. Hyosung sighed and shook her head. *why am I even calling him, I shouldn’t be doing this*. She gripped the phone harder and tried one last time as she closed her eyes. Half expecting for an answer, she was about to hang up when the line had been connected. She jumped up a little and grabbed the phone with both of her hands.

“Hello..”  A deep soft voice picked up from the other line. It was most definitely his voice. The voice she had been yearning to hear in the longest time.

Hyosung’s voice was caught in . Suddenly her mind went numb as she held back from breathing.

“Hello..?”  Once again, the voice spoke almost seemingly as if he had been woken up from a deep sleep.

I guess you were sleeping, I’m sorry if I woke you
It’s not that I had anything to say to you.

Hyosung closed her eyes as she took in this moment of hearing his voice. She gulped as she finally exhaled, clamping shut with her left hand,  she was so close to letting out a whimper.

I just wanted to hear your voice
I know I shouldn’t do this, I know it’s over between us.

“K-Kikwang.” Her voice came out in a whisper as she said his name.  She stood up from her bed and walked towards her window as the moon’s light shined down on her face.  

But will you stay like this for a moment, for a short moment?

She had a flashback to the time when they made a promise underneath the moonlight.

They were both sitting in Kikwang’s car and enjoying the moon’s view from inside. Kikwang grabbed Hyosung hands and leaned in. Hyosung who was completely taken back from his sudden action turned her head the other way and blushed furiously. Kikwang smirked and unbuckled his seat belt. He leaned in more and turned her head to him. Hyosung closed her eyes as she felt something warm on her lips. She opened her eyes and realized he was kissing her. She fell right into the moment and kissed him back. “Was that your first kiss?” Kikwang smirked as he slid his finger across her lips. Hyosung looked down at her lap as she started playing with her fingers. Her grabbed her hands and put it to his chest. She looked up at him. His face was glowing in the moonlight, almost looking like an angel. “I love you Jeon Hyosung. Be my Girlfriend.” With those words, the happiest moments that she had lost in her life, had come back.

Hyosung was brought back to reality when she heard a faint voice in the background.

“Oppa, you’re awake?”

I’m with my girlfriend right now
I can’t believe, did you really just say your girlfriend? Is it true? It can’t be
.

“I’m going to make you something to eat.” The giddy voice was more clear and recognizable at the same time. Hyosung gripped the phone tighter to her ear. It was her. The same girl who had taken him away from her. Lee Yeon Hee.

She is your girlfriend right now
Is she listening to this right now?

“Hello.. Who is this?” Kikwang’s voice rang in her ear as she bit back from sobbing. She collapsed onto the floor and leaned against the wall. She wanted to scream his name, shout with all her might. Tell him how much she missed him and yearned for him, but nothing came out.

“Oppa who is that?” Yeon hee’s voice echoed in the background as It was evident she was close to Kikwang now.

On the other end of the phone, Kikwang had just woken up when he got a phone call. He was deeply annoyed and irritated at the moment as sleep was the most precious thing to him.

“Yeon hee-ah get off of me” Yeon hee was sitting on kikwang’s lap, her arms around his neck. She pouted and got up.

Do you say that I mean nothing to you now?
It can’t be true, don’t lie.

Meanwhile, Hyosung was trying to control her breathing. Why couldn’t she just hang up. She wanted to be with him. She let out a small whimper and whispered his name yet again, this time louder.

“K-Kikwang.”

“H-Hyosung?” Kikwang’s surprised voice could be heard.

“Hyosung, are you okay? Why are you calling so late?” Kikwang’s worried voice didn’t faze Hyosung at all. She held onto her breath as tears streamed down her face. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and smiled faintly.

“I’m not okay” Hyosung replied her voice cracking up a little. “I will never be okay.”  She whispered.

“What are you talking about Hyosung? Do you want me to come over?” Kikwang’s voice sounded more worried than before.

I was crazy too, it wasn’t like me
It was a stupid thing that I would have never usually done.
But still, you were sober, you were in the right state of mind
You shouldn’t have picked up, then I could’ve just fallen asleep.

Hyosung’s eyes glistened in the dark as she smirked. Her long blonde bangs covering her eyes.

“Oppa, Your food is ready.” Her voice suddenly interrupted the silent moment.

Kikwang on the other hand was confused as hell to why Hyosung was calling him so late at night.

Hyosung was mentally cursing herself. What was she thinking? She should have never called him in the first place. It was blatantly obvious why she even dialed his number. All her feelings that had been bottled up inside were about to burst any second now.

“Nothing.. I dialed the wrong number. I’m sorry.” With that she hung up.

Yes, call me crazy but I still can’t forget you
Say that I’m talking crazy
I won’t remember this tomorrow anyway.

Hyosung dropped her phone onto the floor and fell back on to her bed. She closed her eyes as a tear ran down her face. *maybe I’ll never be able to let go, but thanks for making me the person I am today*. Hyosung lied on her back and smiled. Somehow she felt so much better than she felt yesterday or the day before yesterday. She to her side now, staring at the silver ring on her finger. She played with it for a bit, before she took it off and let it slide out of her hands and onto the floor.  She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. 

-----------------------------------------------

It`s lacking, but I wanted to update it soon. 

The feeling is much more if you listen to this! .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz49UXE0ObE

Thanks for reading :)