A night talk

Shy boy. Giddy girl.

 

 

He huffed his breath. He didn't know why but somehow he got the feeling to prepare himself before entering his own dorm. His so-called friends always making troubles and he wasn't sure he is ready to face whatever he's going to face. It's been a long and tiring day and all he wanted just to clean himself up and reunite with his beloved bed.

He said a silent prayer first and then carefully opened his door. It was oddly quite and he grew anxious. Something must be going on, he thought. He looked around, trying to find a trace of blonde hair or flat nose or arrogant smirk or twitching eyebrows or muscled arms. No, he didn't find a thing. But he heard something. He heard a faint sound of laughter. It came from the kitchen. He followed the sound and every step closer he took, the laughter became louder. And when he finally reached the kitchen's door, he noticed a sound he knew too well. Yes, his ears weren't deceiving him.

There she was. She was seated on the dining table with all of s. They were laughing. Apparently, Yoseob and Doojoon started their mushy conversation and the rest of them responded by laughing. He smiled when he saw her laughter. There's no restrain there. Just pure joy.

"Kikwangie!! Welcome home!" His friends greeted him.

She stopped from her laugh and looked at him.

"Hello Kikwang-ah." She smiled.

"Hello Hyosung-ssi."

"Eh, why do you still call me 'Hyosung-ssi'?" She pouted.

"It's a habit. Sorry. What are you doing here?"

"You told me to come."

"What?"

"You sent me a message, telling me to come here today."

He was confused. How come he didn't remember a thing? How come he told her to come here? How could he—

"You look tired. Go refresh yourself. I'll be here."

And yet again he was amazed how she could make him feel like they're the only people in the room. He didn't realize all of s were there until one of them chuckled. His fellow friends didn't make any move to tease them for their cheesy line and how he was grateful for that. He smiled and went to the bathroom.

 

 

 

They were still laughing when he entered the kitchen for the second time. It appeared that Junhyung was comfortable enough around her since he was joking like crazy. And she was laughing like crazy.

He took her arms.

"Come." And he guided her from the kitchen to the living room. He sat on the couch; she sat next to him. She pulled her leg to her chest, sat facing him. Then she leaned her head on the back rest of the couch and smiled to him.

"Hard day today?"

"You have no idea."

He looked at the girl that was staring at him. They were half a meter away and he wondered what made him sat that far from her. Still she was staring at him, with her half-lidded eyes and rosy red cheeks.

It was a brand new feeling for him. It was a brand new experience for him. He never felt like this before and deep down he was scared. Scared to enjoy it. Scared to get used too it. Scared that someday, somehow, he won’t be able to feel it anymore.

“What are you thinking?” Her question brought him back from his wandering mind.

“Nothing.”

“I can see you wrinkling.” She .

He looked away. Couldn't bring himself to tell the truth but could never lie to her. And again, he was amazed by how everything revolved around her, about her.

He felt the some movements from his side, and when he looked at her, she was already by his side, still facing him.

"Okay, since you don't want to answer me, wanna know what I'm thinking right now?"

He gulped and trying his best to calm his breathing. His body shivered at the touch of Hyosung warm breath on his upper arm. After several beats of silence, he nodded his head.

“Honestly, there’s no specific thought running on my mind right now.” She giggled at this, and then looked up to him, forcing him to a staring match. “But I know I’m happy. I just know that I’m happy being like this.”

He couldn’t do nothing but looked at her. Stare at those soft brown eyes, at that cute nose, at those trimmed eyebrows, at those long eyelashes, at those plump pink lips that moved and sounding. Telling him that this is real, not just his other daily imaginations.

“I’m happy.” Her eyes were twinkling. “I’m really happy.” And her smile made his entire being warm. How he wished he could hold her and say the things he need to tell her. But no, he can’t. Not this fast. So instead, he just smiled at her.

It seemed like his smiled had an effect on her because she moved closer to him. Closer. Closer. 

"Hey, Lee Kikwang. I love you."

It took him off-guard. It was a very uncharacteristic line coming out from her and he was overwhelmed by the fact that the amazing Jeon Hyosung saying it so carelessly to him. 

Despite his silent attitude, she kept moving closer to him. She reached out for him and when she was a hair away from him, she hold him and rested her head on his chest.

 "I like meeting you. I like listening to songs that reminds me of you. I like the plushie toys you gave me. I like how your favorite shake tasted. I like us being like this."

Oh, by heaven, his stomach felt funny. He didn't know if it's his lunch or his dinner or the milk he drank this morning or some chocolate his stylist gave him, but his stomach surely felt funny. Felt queasy and uneasy. Like he want to throw up or just swallow a living python. But it was a good feeling. Even though his stomach felt weird, his chest was heavy, for a certain someone leaned on it. His girl kept on giggling and giddy up while telling him the things she loves about him. Sometimes she snuggled closer, sometimes she poked his chest with her fingers and that made him jump a little. But no, he wasn't complaining.

 

 

From behind the window, five pair of eyes was busily gawking at the sight on the living room.

“Kikwang looks like he’s going to faint!”

“Who’s holding a camera? Quick, bring it here. His face is soooo epic.”

“Hah, look at him with his red face. Outside, he's playing playboy and makes his entire fangirls swoon, throwing kisses and lift shirts. But in front of his girl, he could do nothing but blush."

"Hahaha. Such shy boy. Oh, we'll really have some fun teasing him later." 

 

 

"You're not listening are you?"

"W-wha..? Of course I am. I'm listening."

"Then why aren't you responding to me? Why? Why? Don't you love me anymore?"

"Calm down, Hyosung. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." 

"Then why? Waaa, Lee Kikwang has stopped loving me!" He was baffled. What had just happened? Why the girl in his arms now throwing a tantrum? This didn't feel like her. This is not her. Something must be going wrong. And since he was more an action-man rather than do the talking, he let his instinct took control.

He kissed her.

There again. His stomach even felt funnier. And his heart was racing like crazy. Her scent made him dizzy and her eager respond sent shivers to his spine. He let himself drown in this moment. He let the tension swayed him and realized that her, only her, made him gladly loose his logical mind. He closed his eyes, trying to embrace the sensation wholly. He slipped his tongue between her lips, excitingly exploring , trying to taste her. She tasted like something bitter and strong. It tasted really familiar to him but at that moment, when Hyosung was clouding his mind, he couldn't tell what is it. He kissed her deeper, curious. He detect a stingy fragrant and wondered why didn't he smell it before. Realization kicked in. Eyes snapped open. OH. MY. GOD!

He pulled back from her, only to see her losing consious. D-did she just ...???

“YAH! YOU GUYS! What have you done to her?! Did you just make her drunk?”

He kept only yelling while frantically gathered the passed out girl in his arms. At his third attempt on screaming bloody murderous threats, he gave up and brought her closer to her.

"You maybe forgot about this tomorrow morning, but let me be selfish and enjoy everything you said just now." He pecked her lips. "I love you too, Hyo." 

 

And from behind the window, five pair of feet busily running and saving themselves.

 


Sooo, how is it? 

Do I still have a long way to go? *sigh* even I miss my old self.