Scarf

jeu d'amour ღ

Yunho/Jaejoong | G

 


 

Jaejoong brushed strands of brown hair away from his face as he locked eyes with the man standing opposite him. “It has been a while.”

 

Yunho nodded and toyed with the edge of his sweater, deliberately fixing his gaze on the ground. “It has,” he replied simply.

 

Jaejoong his lips and looked at the road, the tension between the pair growing stronger. Yunho coughed softly and looked up.

 

“You look good, Jae.”

 

“As do you,” Jaejoong replied stiffly. Yunho sighed and tugged at his sweater, fiddling with a loose thread. A gust of wind swept past them and Jaejoong shivered, arms reaching up to hug his body. Yunho immediately pulled off his scarf, offering it to Jaejoong.

 

When Jaejoong did not make a motion to take it, Yunho stepped closer and winded it around the shorter man’s neck, arranging it on his shoulders. Jaejoong squeezed his eyes shut, fingers clenching into a fist. He was too close. Jaejoong could smell his familiar cologne, and it was painful.

 

“I heard about the consensus you and SM Entertainment came to. I feel really-”

 

Jaejoong put up a hand to stop Yunho from continuing. “Please… Please don’t talk about this.”

 

Yunho pressed his lips together and looked away.

 

“I better go… They will come looking for me in a moment,” Yunho told Jaejoong softly. Jaejoong remained silent, but his hands reached up to tug the scarf off. Yunho placed a hand over Jaejoong’s, stopping his actions.

 

“Keep it,” Yunho smiled, his head tilting to the side slightly. Jaejoong nodded and let his hands fall to his side again. Yunho turned and walked away, hands in his pockets, footsteps slow and drugged. Jaejoong bit his lip, taking a few shaky steps forward.

 

“Wait, Yunho!” Jaejoong called out before he could reconsider his actions. Yunho turned to face Jaejoong, eyes bright with tears. Jaejoong faltered, his body quivering.

 

“I… I…” Jaejoong dropped his head and tried to stop the tears from falling.

 

“Bye, Jae,” Yunho smiled sadly, walking away from Jaejoong.

 

“I love you,” Jaejoong whispered, a tear dripping on to the pavement. Jaejoong sank down to his knees and let out a soft sob. “I love you,” he repeated, voice hushed and lost.

 

“I love you too, Jaejoong,” Yunho whispered to himself, tears streaking his cheeks. He dragged his sleeves across his wet face as he approached the office building, dragging in a deep breath, fixing a smile on his face as he walked through the doors.