GOODBYE

They loved each other.

L smiled to himself.

Last night was the best night of his life.

No, he is not a big ert but as he looked over at the sleeping Yoona next to him, he was just simply happy.

His hands caressed her cheeks as he watched her sleeping face. Beautiful.

She started to wake up. Her doe eyes opened slowly.

He could not help but stare in awe.

 

'Good morning' Yoona greeted him, with a sweet smile.

'Good morning' L replied, softly.

Yoona was caught in his gaze.

She could not move, her heart was beating very fast.

He started to lean more towards her and captured her lips with his.

They both felt the moment was magical.. Enchanting.

 

Yoona went home.

Well, home is just an infinitesimal way to call the place she calls home.

It was a mansion, a huge palace. It was what little girls would dream of as palaces to live with their prince charmings.

Swimming pool, basketball court, library, movie theatre, even a helipad! You name it, they got it.

But Yoona was sad. She did not want this kind of life.

 

In fact, she wouldn't want it to call it life at all.

She found it a bore, a huge chore to behave like a royal. She must always walk, talk and move with elegance. 'Like a swan' as her late Mother used to tell her.

She could not go out freely, she had no social life with the world outside the 'paradise' she was trapped in.

She wanted adventure. She wanted to go out and have fun, to be a normal person. She wanted to make friends. She wanted to try what other people her age does. She wanted to love and to be loved. And L gave her all that.

She loved him and He loved her.

 

But as their fairytale-like love adventure went on, she knew that she must leave him. There was no way that her Father would agree to dating a normal man. If she protested, L would be killed. She knew from the past experiences that her 8 other sisters had where the love of their lives were killed mercilessly, in cold blood.

 

She met him at a bar. She was not used to that kind of environment and it came as quite a shock, coming from a completely peaceful place. The loud music, dancing... She was taken aback. And when a guy started to make a move on her, she did not know what to do but just stare back in panic. And that was when L came.

 

He was her prince in shining armour. He saved her from the erted plans that random guy was brewing up in his mind. He saved her form being hurt. He saved her from a gang leader. And he got into trouble, being beaten up. But he ran away with Yoona, hands interlinked, to an alley until they lost them.

 

L could remember clearly her voice. It was sweet but firm. Classy yet youthful.

'Are you feeling fine, Mister?' she asked. And that was when he looked into her eyes and knew that she was the one. She was the one that would complete her life. It was love at first sight for him.

 

She stayed at his place, for she ran away from her home. They got closer. They went out to amusement parks, zoos, saunas, street-side food stands.. He taught her to behave like a normal person. He made her have fun, he made her smile a genuine smile, the one she had been longing since young. He made her feel free.

He asked her for her identity and personal details for which she cleverly diverted.

 

Then came the night. They were by the river. A romantic night with a full moon shining brightly.

She looked over at him. She smiled. Handsome. Kind. Lovable.

He caught her staring at him. She quickly looked away.

'What's wrong? Stare all you want, its free' he joked.

She giggled. She added 'Hilarious' to the list she had been making in her head.

'If only he'd love me' she thought.

And that was when it happened. He confessed to her.

She can still clearly remember his sincere voice. 'I love you'.

She felt happy. More than happy. It was undescribable. Not just to her but to him as well.

That night they became one.

And that was when trouble came.

 

They went home that night, arms together. Smiling away.

'Yoona?' she heard a familiar voice. She knew who it was. Her father.

She acted, and she was a clearly good actress, as if she heard nothing.

She just continued walking with the person she love the most by her side.

But she was feeling fear. She knew her father would do something. And she was right.

 

A note was sent to the house addressed for 'Im Yoon A' . L was puzzled. How did anyone else know that Yoona was leaving in his house?

But he trusted her and just gave her the note and walked away.

It was what Yoona was fearful of:

If you don't come back by tomorrow, he would get killed. Kim Myungsoo, right?

You know me. I mean everything that I say

She immediately crumpled the note up and threw it away.

She looked around her.

Sure, it was not as massive as her place but she felt happy and free. She felt loved.

She felt complete.

 

He knew that something was bothering her.

So he decided to make something special for her.

'Oppa, tell me!' she whined as his hands still covered her eyes.

'Surprise!' he cheered when he let her see what he prepared. A candle-lit dinner.

He saw her eyes sparkled. He was glad to see her so happy.

He was contented with her amazed smile.

 

That night. They did not plan for it to happen but things got heated up after the dinner.

They became one in body. And they did not regret.

They felt happy.. Fulfilled.

 

L smiled to himself.

Last night was the best night of his life.

No, he is not a big ert but as he looked over at the sleeping Yoona next to him, he was just simply happy.

His hands caressed her cheeks as he watched her sleeping face. Beautiful.

She started to wake up. Her doe eyes opened slowly.

He could not help but stare in awe.

'Good morning' Yoona greeted him, with a sweet smile.

'Good morning' L replied, softly.

Yoona was caught in his gaze.

She could not move, her heart was beating very fast.

He started to lean more towards her and captured her lips with his.

They both felt the moment was magical.. Enchanting.

 

 

'Jagiya, I'll go out for a while' Yoona lied. It was painful for her. She knew she would never see him again. She knew she would be hurting him. And she could not do anything about it.. unless she let him ended up dead.

'Okay!' he replied, arms around her small waist, gave a peck at her lips.

 

'I love you'

'I love you too'

'Good bye' she silently said, tears forming in her eyes.

 

He knew she was gone.

He was hurting.

Then he saw the crumpled note.

'I love you Yoona' he whispered to himself, tears started to stream down his cheeks.

 

Unknown to him, at the same moment, Yoona was saying ' I love you L'

... before she kicked the chair and felt the rope tightened around her neck.