2

Lost In Fantasy [Hiatus]

 

Back at the evil enchantress, Jessica’s castle, she noticed her floating black rose spark. Surprised, she rushed towards her magic mirror. Almost immediately, the man inside the mirror appeared and spoke.

“An unknown human girl has broken past the barrier and had entered the forest.”

“Unknown?” Jessica said. “It isn’t Seo Dae?”

“No, milady.” She rolled her eyes as she lost interest. She got excited for nothing. “Send one of my wolves to follow her,” she nonchalantly went back to her bed. “And kill her.”

Ji Eun walked deeper inside the forest and found herself stepping on the large roots of the trees. "These trees must be hundreds of years old," she said with her breath. She walked further and further away from her grandma's house. Ji Eun accidentally tripped on the tree's roots and laid flat on the ground, face-first.

"Ugh! Perfect, just what I needed," she mumbled under her breath. When she tried to stand up, she heard the bushes rattle and noticed a pair of piercing, glowing red eyes, staring right at her. She found a rock beside her and she threw it at the bush. She was expecting something big, like a wild animal to jump out, but voila. A little bunny hopped out of the bush. It stood on its hind legs and hopped around like crazy. It dug deep under the dead stack of leaves, leaving a whole mess. After that, it hopped like crazy again, but this time, it had a wrist watch on its tiny mouth. It must have picked it up under that stack of leaves. Ji Eun found it strange. What would that wrist watch be doing out here in the middle of the forest? She didn’t know anyone who lived near the forest except her grandma. Suddenly, the bunny hopped away, fast.

"Wait!" she cried out. "You're not getting away you little piece of meat!" She decided to follow the bunny and she ran as fast as she could. "That thing's too darn fast, but it can't outrun me!" She found it weird again. Has she lost her mind? Why was she following that bunny anyway? Her legs were moving on their own and her body didn't obey her. She then remembered something, this too familiar event. The bunny with the watch, how it hopped around like crazy, as if it was going to be butchered at any moment now. It all looked familiar. Somehow, it resembled her dream. She didn’t fully remember her dream, it was a blur and she forgot about it the moment she woke up. The only thing she remembered was that there was this big, brown or black furry animal staring at her with lonely eyes. A lot of different looking leaves and vines hit her face as she ran. She irritatingly shoved some vines off as she passed by a trail of old crooked trees. The trees looked like they had eyes on them, watching her every move. "IU in Weirdoland. Catchy." She bickered. And so, she ran after the crazy rabbit which led her deeper inside the forest— until it abruptly stopped. It stopped in horror and Ji Eun gasped when she saw a large creature, with thick brown fur, and a pair of glowing, yellow eyes, standing right in front of her. It almost looked too similar to the creature from her dream.

"G-Grandma..." she stuttered, choking on her words as she tried to scream, but her voice abandoned her. The wolf howled and looked like was ready to jump at her at any moment.