The Park Siblings :drabble:

The Park Siblings :drabble:


"Oppa! Stop!"

He can't believe his eyes; are those really his younger sisters out there, shouting at Heechul for the sake of Nicole Hwang?

He blinks - yes, they really are Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin, he's not hallucinating.

The truth sinks in as Hyun Yong tells Heechul to red-tag them as well; those are my sisters out there.

He hurriedly turns to Heechul, shooting him a warning glance, and mouthing a single word to him.

Death.

There was a time when Leeteuk didn't worry so much about trivial things like this. Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin used to be much more innocent back then.

When they were in kindergarten, Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin were a lot quieter than now. Okay, that only applies to Hyun Yong. Hyun Rin is still the same.

The other kids didn't know about their status. Their parents didn't want them to be arrogant and spoilt like some of the other heirs.

Everybody belittled them. Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin were picked on for almost everything. They had no friends, only enemies.

But Leeteuk didn't know.

The twins never told him anything about their bullies.

Kyuhyun, one of the Flower Boys in their level, had approached him first.

"Hyung," he'd said, "do you have any sisters?"

"Why do you ask?"

"There are two girls in my class with your surname. They get bullied all the time, and I think it's unfair."

Park is a common surname, he'd told himself. A common surname. "Are they twins?"

"I think so... They're called Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin."

His sisters - his precious sisters - were being bullied.

Leeteuk saw red.

He really felt like going into their class and giving the bullies a piece of their mind, but if he did that, his parents would not be pleased.

"Kyuhyun," he said suddenly, "I need you to help me. Here's the plan..."

That day, he got Kyuhyun to stand up for his sisters. The bullies - scared of the power of the royal bloodline - stopped after that.

When Hyun Yong and Hyun Rin returned home, Leeteuk was waiting for them.

"A-ah, Teukie oppa! A-annyeonghasaeyo..." The two girls headed for the staircase - or at least, they tried to.

"Hyun Yong, Hyun Rin. Kyuhyun told me everything."

Uh-oh, said the look on Hyun Yong's face. I'm sorry, said the look on Hyun Rin's.

"Why didn't you tell me that the other kids were picking on you? I'm only 2 years older than you, but I'm still your oppa, you got that?"

"But, we didn't want to bother you, or Mum... Or Dad...." Hyun Rin was close to tears.

"But you can't just keep quiet about this kind of thing! Bullying is serious, got that?"

The twins nodded meekly. Hyun Rin wiped at her eyes.

Leeteuk sighed. Back then, his sisters had been innocent and cute. Now...

Now, his sisters had grown up.