Chapter One

Merry Go Round

 

“Tiffany. Hyoyeon called you. Something about a secret agent I think” Sooyoung called out casually while playing with a plush toy in her hands. Tiffany just nodded silently as she kept her eyes glued to the computer screen and got out of her seat. She stood there awkwardly leaning towards the computer screen for a few minutes, finishing off the report before finally peeling her eyes away and walking towards the elevator.

As the elevator door opened she saw a blonde female standing inside. She was wearing casual jeans with a normal white tank top and a hoodie over it. She was standing in the elevator, looking around at the roof of the small space and rocking on the back of her feet with her hands in her pocket minding her own business.
Tiffany got into the elevator and was about to hit the twelfth floor key when she realised that every floor above hers was pressed. She whipped her head across and eyed the female. The female just shrugged casually before looking away again. Since there were only six floors above her, Tiffany decided to just wait through the whole opening and closing of the elevator doors instead of getting a new one.
With each door that opened she noticed that the female would put her head outside and take a look before stepping back again.
On the third door that opened Tiffany was losing her patience. She decided to take the next lift rather than wait through more floors.

As she took a step outside she saw a hand reach out to her. She quickly reacted and grabbed the hand, intending to pull it behind the attacker’s back and stopping them. But to Tiffany’s surprise, when she grabbed the hand and was about to lock it, the hand quickly moved out of her grasp and disappeared.

She whipped her head around to see the female standing there with an innocent smile on her face. Tiffany quickly stepped back into the elevator when the doors started closing, wanting to settle the score with the stranger.
As soon as the doors closed Tiffany aimed a fist towards the female’s face but she hit nothing but thin air. Then from behind she felt some warm air brush against her ear.

“Too slow, commander” the low voice whispered with a chuckle. Tiffany quickly turned around to see the female standing there with an even wider smile on her face. Jumping to the conclusion that the female was a suspect of trespassing she quickly reached to her phone and call for others. To her surprise the phone was taken out of her hand as soon as she dialled the number.

“Hello? I’d like to ask where chief Hyoyeon’s office is. Ah yes commander Hwang is with me, I’m just borrowing her phone… Yes thank you” the female then hung up the phone. Tiffany’s jaw dropped as she watched her casually hand back her phone.

“Who are you?” Tiffany growled as she took out her gun and aimed it at the female.

The female put her hands up slowly with a calm look on her face.

~Ding~

The elevator door opened.
Standing outside the elevator door was Hyoyeon.
Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped as she saw Tiffany point a gun towards a female.

“Tiffany! Put your gun down!” Hyoyeon said sternly as she glared at Tiffany.

“But Chief. She’s looking for your office. She’s not supposed to be in here” Tiffany answered back, not even moving the gun away from the female. The female had a confused expression on her face after hearing Tiffany’s statement. She then chuckled and took the gun into her hands. Tiffany flinched

“You got the first part right. I am looking for Kim Hyoyeon’s office. But the second part is far from the truth. I was sent here by the government and was also invited by none other than Kim Hyoyeon here.” She said casually as she pulled the gun away. Tiffany’s eyes were wide open as she saw the female hand the gun causally over to her chief. She then looked up at her chief with confused eyes. Hyoyeon was apologizing to the female stranger and shot Tiffany a glare.

“Tiffany. Meet the special agent who was transferring into your department. Kim Taeyeon” Hyoyeon said through her teeth with a fake smile. The female extended her arm towards Tiffany, welcoming a hand shake.

“I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Kim Taeyeon. Thank you for lending me your phone” she said innocently with a wide grin. Tiffany just stared down at the extended arm and travelled back up to the owner’s face. She sure didn’t look like a special agent who worked for the secret forces of the government, nor did she look like any other officer in the police department.

“Hwang Tiffany” Tiffany said slowly as she took the hand into her own.

“I hope we get along very well Commander” Taeyeon chuckled as she took her hand back and turned to Hyoyeon. Tiffany stood there, still confused and in a daze.

“I’m sorry about my colleague’s behaviour. She isn’t usually like this” Hyoyeon apologized again. Taeyeon just shook her head defensively and smiled reassuringly. She then turned back to Tiffany and raised her eyebrow as she saw Tiffany’s dumbfounded expression.

“Tiffany. I’d like you to show her the basics around the department. No need to worry about the gun regulations and other action related work. I’m sure she’s experienced enough. I need to get back to filing the reports to the court magistrate” Hyoyeon sighed tiredly as she started walking back to her office. Tiffany stiffly turned her head around and looked at Taeyeon, mouth half agape. Taeyeon just shrugged carelessly before walking to the elevator again. As the door opened she went in and stood there casually with her hands in her pocket again. The door began closing before she opened it again with her foot.

“Commander, I think you’re supposed to take me around the building now” she said mockingly to Tiffany. Tiffany snapped out of her daze and shook her head slightly before she shot a glare at Taeyeon again. A thought ran across her head. She was known for the well-disciplined and elite officers in the department. Why not see how good this newbie was? A smile grew on Tiffany’s face as she straightened herself up again.

“First off. Training course” Tiffany said casually as she walked into the elevator and hit the B2 button. Taeyeon just blinked a few times, but nonetheless just shrugged and whistled a tune as the doors closed and began moving to floor B2. The few minutes inside the elevator were rather awkward as no one uttered a sound. Just the occasional sound of the elevator ropes pulling and pulling from above.
Finally the elevator broke the silence as it reached the floor. Tiffany quickly walked out confidently and turned to her left. She walked through the opening of the white wall and stood next to a wall that was mounted with earmuffs and goggles.

She turned around to notice that Taeyeon wasn’t behind her, so she waited. It wasn’t long before a loud bang was heard. Tiffany whipped her head around to see Taeyeon pressed up against the clear section of the wall. She chuckled to herself realising that Taeyeon had just walked straight into the wall; a few others joined her as well.

She then watched as Taeyeon walked awkwardly through the opening of the wall and giving off an embarrassed smile before she stood up in front of her.

“Nice entrance” Tiffany nodded in approval.

Taeyeon just scratched the back of her neck as her cheeks started getting pink.

“Put these on and follow me. Make sure you don’t walk into any other walls.” Tiffany added with a sigh as she handed Taeyeon a pair of earmuffs and goggles before putting on her own. She then walked further into the building until she reached a door. Tiffany swiped her ID card and walked in with Taeyeon close behind her. She then grabbed two belts that were hung next to the door. As the two walked in, Taeyeon noticed that the room was a lot darker then outside the door and wondered what was going on.

“Here” Tiffany said as she threw Taeyeon a belt.

Taeyeon caught it on reflex and found that it was a gun belt. Her eyes opened wide as she looked up to Tiffany again.

“Their blanks don’t worry. We’re not stupid enough to have guns lying everywhere. Let’s have a quick dual. First to get five hits wins. Let’s see what the special forces of the government are really like” Tiffany let out a menacing chuckle before a click of the belt was heard and the game began. Taeyeon quickly strapped the belt onto herself and took out the gun from the right side as she saw Tiffany disappear. Tiffany was holding her gun to her side as she waited. She waited for the slightest sound made around her, making sure that she didn’t miss anything.

After not hearing anything she decided that she would be the hunter and moved from her place as she hunted down Taeyeon. The room was full of obstacles, ranging from tables, boxes, beer bottles and even traps. Tiffany swiftly moved pass an upside down table and crept forward.  She then heard the table behind her shift. Immediately she turned around and shot her gun behind her. Nothing happened. She had shot nothing. But to her surprise the table was now the right way up.

Raising her eyebrow in the dark she wondered if she had remembered wrong and so proceeded on, trying to hunt down her target. She walked over broken glass that might’ve been previously broken from those who used the room before. Once again she heard some noise behind her and whipped her head around, only this time not firing. She looked down and could dimly see that there was no glass on the floor. Even more confused she saw a glass bottle beside her. She decided to smash it behind her and walk on. Once again there was a sound behind her.

As quick as she could, Tiffany shot the gun behind her. She then turned around to see nothing but the clean floor. No glass shards only the paint splat of her gunfire.

“Okay seriously what is this?!” Tiffany yelled in frustration as she threw her hands down and rolled her eyes. A chuckle was heard through the room.

“What a messy room” the chuckler commented.

Then five gunshots were heard. Tiffany looked down to see that she had five different coloured paint splats on herself.

“I win” the voice beamed proudly. Tiffany shot her gun towards the direction of the voice. She then jumped when she heard the voice behind her.

“Too slow commander” the voice said lowly. Tiffany then swung her arm to hit the person behind her but was stopped midway when a hand stopped her.

“Stealth is one of a special agent’s most needed traits. So is precision, quick thinking abilities and many other things” The voice said calmly. “Is that enough to qualify for you team Commander Hwang?” the voice ended with a chuckle. Tiffany turned around to see Taeyeon standing there, holding her arm with a wide smile on her face. Frustrated, she pulled her arm back forcefully and scoffed.

“Fine. Welcome to the team.” Tiffany muttered stubbornly. Taeyeon just gave a nod as she turned around and headed to the door. Tiffany noticed that behind her she was dragging a large full bag.

“What’s that?” Tiffany questioned as she pointed to the bag.

“Oh this?” Taeyeon said curiously as she held up the bag. “The room was a complete mess. I thought I might as well clean it up. I had plenty of time to win the game after but this is really unhygienic you know.” Taeyeon frowned. Tiffany let out a sigh. Not only had the female beat her easily in a gunfire battle, but she also had enough time to clean up the whole room.

“Leave it. Their props for the trainees” Tiffany sighed as she waved her arms.

“Oh? Oh, my bad. Do you want me to put it back?” Taeyeon asked innocently. Tiffany just waved her hands carelessly, not caring what she did.

“Just leave it.” Tiffany finally said as she put the gun back into the belt’s holder. “The next team can easily trash this place again” Tiffany added. Taeyeon just nodded as she placed the bag beside the door and hung up her belt and gun. Tiffany lazily put hers back on before looking down at her shirt. A perfectly good shirt was now ruined beyond hope of repair.

“I’ll get you a new one” Taeyeon chuckled as she saw the mess on Tiffany’s shirt.

“You’d better” Tiffany growled under her breath as she started walking back.

As she passed the others on the floor they all stared at her with surprise and then quickly looked at Taeyeon who was left unpainted. Smirks grew on their faces as they glanced over at the enraged Tiffany.

“The ace has fallen. I repeat, the ace has fallen” someone beamed out in a nasally voice. Tiffany shot then a deadly glare before someone on the other side decided to join in.

“Copy that. Chief Kim the ace has been taken down roger” Everyone then burst out into cheers.

Tiffany huffed loudly before storming to the elevator. Taeyeon waddled behind, a little confused about what was going on before someone stopped her and started congratulating her. As the elevator doors were closing Tiffany watched as Taeyeon slowly started to disappear in the crowds of people.

“She’ll benefit the team… I guess” Tiffany whispered to herself before the doors fully closed.

 

 

One Year Later…

 

“Commander Hwang. A caller just called us informing us of some suspicious activities going on at the warehouse not too far from here. We sent some officers to go and investigate and we found this” Said an officer as she handed Tiffany a photo.

Tiffany picked up the photo slowly as she raised an eyebrow at the officer. She then slowly looked down as she saw what had been captured. It was a half built nuclear bomb with blue prints of the bomb beside it.

“We’re waiting your orders” the officer added.

“Do the military know?” Tiffany asked slowly. The officer shook her head.

“Good. We don’t want a bunch of tanks running in and causing disruption. Call someone from Sooyoung’s team who can defuse a bomb. I have a suspicion that the bomb has been built already. We will also need someone from Yuri’s team to get us a way through to the warehouse without causing an alarm to go off. Taeyeon and I will accompany them as well. We don’t want to alarm the perpetrators and causing them to do anything that may harm others around them. Do I make myself clear?” Tiffany said sternly and confidently.

“Yes Ma’am” the officer bowed as she went to call for the group Tiffany had requested.

“I see we have another mission to get to?” a voice chuckled in the doorway. Tiffany rolled her eyes as she knew very well who was at the door.

“This is serious Taeyeon. It’s no joking matter” Tiffany said bluntly as she saved her reports and shut down her laptop.

“I wasn’t joking about anything.” Taeyeon defended as she walked over to Tiffany and gave her a latte. “I was just thinking that things were a little quiet lately. Honestly I wanted to get into action soon” Taeyeon shrugged. Tiffany nodded in thanks to Taeyeon’s latte as she grabbed her black long coat and wrapped it around herself. She then grabbed her latte and began walking out of her office whilst taking a sip from her cup.

“Hwang. You forgot your essentials” Taeyeon suddenly said, still inside the office holding up Tiffany’s gun belt. Tiffany just shook her head as she lifted up her coat slightly to show a pistol strapped to her thigh.

“Now hurry up” Tiffany growled as she whipped her hair around and exited the department.

 

At the warehouse…

“Okay so Yoona, you go get a swipe card from one of the guards. Jessica you wait until we are able to get inside the warehouse then follow through when we give you the sign. Yoona you remain outside and keep watch. Taeyeon and I will guide you through the warehouse. Got it?” Tiffany murmured as they hid behind a large crate outside the suspected warehouse.

“No!” Two females suddenly argued. Tiffany rolled her eyes as she looked up to see Yuri and Sooyoung having disapproving looks on their faces.

“I told you two not to come. Geez” Tiffany sighed with frustration.

“I’m not letting Yoona risk her life for this” Yuri defended.

“Nor am I letting Jessica go in THERE” Sooyoung added. Taeyeon was sitting crossed leg on the floor not too far from them playing with the dirt as she tuned out of the conversation.

“Look it’s either the best of the best or the whole city could blow up” Tiffany said bluntly as she looked into Yuri’s and Sooyoung’s eyes.

“Yuri. It’s okay. I won’t be any danger. I’ll be outside the warehouse” Yoona reassured.

“Sooyoungie. I’ll be safe inside there. Besides nothing is going to happen because you’ll be there before they can even raise a finger against me” Jessica rolled her eyes. Yuri and Sooyoung looked at each other, still disapproving.

“All three commanders of the Soshi Department are all here on one mission. Must be the crime of the century” Taeyeon chuckled as she picked up a rock. Tiffany shot Taeyeon a silencing glare.

“I’m not letting my Yoong go in there by herself” Yuri warned as she crossed her arms.

“Sooyoung shut it. I know what you’re going to say” Tiffany interrupted before Sooyoung could even start her sentence.

“Okay change of plan. Yoona and Yuri will get the swipe card. Sooyoung and Jessica will defuse the bomb. That way we’re all happy. Okay?” Tiffany said impatiently. Yuri and Sooyoung looked at each other before looking at Yoona and Jessica.

“Fair enough” they said in unison with a shrug. Yoona and Jessica rolled their eyes at their protectiveness.

“Yuri and Yoona can take a rest” Taeyeon suddenly interrupted. Tiffany looked over to see Taeyeon standing up with a swipe card in her hands and a proud smirk on her face. She gave Taeyeon a serious look before she looked over the crates to see the guards completely knocked out by what appears to be a stone.

“While the commanders were arguing I decided to make myself useful and entertain myself at the same time” Taeyeon said casually with a shrug. Tiffany gave a tired sigh as she pressed the palm of her hand against her forehead.

“Let’s go before I decide to do it all myself” Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she causally swung the swipe card around and walked up to the door.

“Let’s go” Tiffany said stubbornly as she trudged behind Taeyeon. Sooyoung and Jessica followed behind whilst Yuri and Yoona stood guard.

As Taeyeon swiped the key down, she slowly opened the door and pulled out her gun, ready to fire at anyone. Tiffany pulled out her pistol and followed behind, protecting Sooyoung and Jessica. The four of them walked deeper into the warehouse, constantly checking their backs and surroundings. As they walked towards the middle of the warehouse they approached a large opening. In that opening was a table with the blueprints. More distinctly though, was the now finished bomb with only eight hours left on the clock.
Tiffany motioned for Sooyoung and Jessica to stay close as she and Taeyeon scanned the surroundings. When it was all clear Taeyeon nodded her head, signalling for the two to defuse the bomb. Jessica and Sooyoung got right into the jump as they started analysing the bomb and figuring out how to defuse it. Taeyeon and Tiffany stood defensively around them as they kept their eyes open for any signs of others around them.

Half an hour passed and the two were still trying to defuse the bomb.

“Done!” Jessica finally exclaimed silently as the counter stopped counting down. Sooyoung and Jessica gave each other a hug, beads of sweat still on their foreheads from the pressure of defusing the bomb correctly. Taeyeon and Tiffany gave each other a smile of achievement before they heard something on their right.

“Go hurry. Run off. We’ll be behind you” Tiffany quickly hushed as she ushered Sooyoung and Jessica away from the bomb, pointing the pistol out defensively. Taeyeon mimicked her actions and scanned the whole perimeter. From the right Tiffany heard footsteps as they approached the exit door.

“Sooyoung, Jessica. Go get back up. Taeyeon and I will make sure they don’t escape.” Tiffany whispered. Sooyoung gave a nod before she pulled Jessica out of the warehouse and whipped out her phone, calling the Soshi department for reinforcements. Tiffany exchanged glances with Taeyeon, silently telling her the plan through their eyes. Taeyeon gave a swift nod before they started walking to the sound of the footsteps. As the crept up to the source of the sound they heard even more noises, voices this time.

“What the ? Who the hell cut the wires?! Jim! What the did you do?” one of them cursed.

“Why the you blame me for? I was obviously with you, you ” another voice retaliated back. Taeyeon crept up further to see those who were responsible for the bomb. Once she got a good look she ducked back and gave Tiffany a nod.

Then gunfire was heard.

Tiffany felt wind past her right ear and a loud noise of a bullet piercing through metal.

“COPS!” the one who fired the bullet yelled. Tiffany’s eyes popped wide open as she realised that they were caught. She glanced over to Taeyeon to see a rather calmer expression.

Taeyeon started aiming her gun and firing at the men around her, aiming for their legs and avoiding any main parts of the body which might’ve killed them.

“Tiffany. Back up. Quick!” Taeyeon said hurriedly. Tiffany was taken aback a little by Taeyeon calling her by her first name but nonetheless she backed up behind Taeyeon, facing back to back with her and firing at anyone who came close.

“Door” Taeyeon suddenly said before shooting another bullet. Tiffany looked around to see a door open to an empty cargo holder. She immediately opened the door and entered. Taeyeon followed right after shooting her last bullet. They back up behind the door and aimed the guns at the door, waiting for them to enter. To their surprise the door closed on them and a locking noise was heard.

Taeyeon lowered her gun slowly as Tiffany scanned the area.

Her jaw dropped when she realised in what situation they were in. She looked across to see Taeyeon slamming against the door with her body trying to open it, but it was sealed tight.

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany said cautiously.

“Yeah?” Taeyeon called back still focusing on the locked door.

“We’re in trouble…” Tiffany admitted.

“I think I know that.” Taeyeon answered sarcastically.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany said firmly again.

“What is it?!” Taeyeon answered back.

Tiffany stood there with her hands apart, indicating for Taeyeon to take a look around. She watched as Taeyeon’s head made a full circle before it froze. Her jaw dropped slightly at the realisation of their surroundings.

It wasn’t an empty cargo holder.

It was a large refrigerator.

“Uh oh” Taeyeon uttered as she dropped her gun.

Tiffany pushed pass Taeyeon and took out her pistol and aimed for the edges of the door. She shot her pistol, hoping to penetrate through the hinges to make it open. Unfortunately the bullet ricocheted through the whole empty space, almost hitting Taeyeon across the cheek.

“Yah! Put the gun down!” Taeyeon yelled as she held her cheek.

Tiffany let out a sigh as she dropped her gun to the floor. She then stumbled down towards the middle of the small room and leaned against the wall, sliding down in despair. She then brought her knees up and held her head in frustration. Tiffany then felt something move beside her as it became warmer to her side. She looked to her side to see Taeyeon sitting next to her with a calmer expression on her face.

“We’re done for” Tiffany sighed as she shook her head in her hands. From the side she saw Taeyeon smirk.

“You don’t have to be so pessimistic. The commanders are calling for reinforcements. They should be here soon.” Taeyeon said optimistically. Tiffany just sighed.

“We’re in the middle of a warehouse with lots of other cargo holders looking exactly like this one. What are the chances of them finding us before we freeze to death?” Tiffany growled. Taeyeon just shrugged.

“Well worrying about it won’t help.” She said bluntly.

Tiffany just leaned back and leaned her head against the wall. The cold air was starting to penetrate through her coat. She looked over at Taeyeon to see her blowing air and creating small clouds in front of . Taeyeon turned to meet Tiffany’s eyes and gave a wide smile.

“They’ll be here soon. I know they’ll be.” Taeyeon reassured. Tiffany just nodded slowly as she rested her head against her arm on her knees again.

As the minutes went by Tiffany’s body started to lose more heat. She rubbed her hands up and down her shoulders to help warm up but her hands were so cold she could barely move them. As she was breathing into her hands trying to warm them up again she saw Taeyeon take her jacket off and pull off her tank top inside.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” said Tiffany in a surprised tone.

Taeyeon just lifted up one finger to tell Tiffany to wait. She took off her tank top, revealing her undergarments and tight fit body before putting back on her jacket. Then from her pocket she pulled out a lighter.

“This should work” Taeyeon murmured as she held her shirt up to the lighter and lit it on fire.

Tiffany could see from where she was that Taeyeon’s fingers were almost purple from the cold but she seemed as though it didn’t affect her at all. A little bit of warmth then engulfed her as Taeyeon laid the burning material right next to Tiffany.

“Thanks” Tiffany uttered as she tried to warm her fingers. Taeyeon just gave a nod as she zipped her jacket up all the way again. Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s body closer to her so that Taeyeon would be able to receive some heat from the temporary fire as well. But soon there was nothing but ash on the floor and none of them had anything they could spare without freezing to death.

Taeyeon reached her arm out and put it around Tiffany’s body, attempting to warm her up.

Twenty minutes passed and still no reinforcements and found them yet. Tiffany’s and Taeyeon’s lips were starting to pale as the heat was sapped away from their bodies.

“Tiffany… What kind of partner did you want? As in marriage partner” Taeyeon suddenly asked, breaking the silence. Tiffany turned her head and gave Taeyeon a questionable look.

“I guess I never really thought about it…” Tiffany answered truthfully. “I never thought of a partner as I knew my occupation would put them in danger. But I guess I would want someone who I could be there for and who can be there for me” Tiffany answered slowly. Taeyeon just nodded slowly.

“But because I’m a commander in the Soshi Department, I guess it really isn’t possible” Tiffany chuckled as she hugged herself tighter.

“Nothing’s impossible you know” Taeyeon answered back confidently. Tiffany scoffed.

“The only way I could be there for them and they could be there for me is if they worked with me.” Tiffany blurted out bluntly.

Taeyeon shrugged.

“I’m here for you” Taeyeon whispered. Tiffany lifted her head again and stared at Taeyeon.

“What are you implying?” Tiffany asked sceptically. Taeyeon just shrugged.

“What do you think I’m implying?”

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon’s response. She then saw a grin grow on Taeyeon’s face.

“You’re going to freeze faster there. Here” Taeyeon pulled Tiffany back and hugged her close to her chest. Tiffany tried to struggle away from her grasp but part of her didn’t want to move away from the strange warmth of Taeyeon’s body.

The warmth was short lived though. Both their bodies began dropping to dangerously low temperatures.

“Where are they?” Tiffany growled under her breath. Taeyeon just patted Tiffany’s back reassuringly.

“Just a little longer” Taeyeon uttered softly. Tiffany grasped onto Taeyeon tighter as she could feel her body slowly shutting down. As if realising what was happening, Taeyeon held Tiffany closer and started breathing onto Tiffany’s neck.

“I meant it you know…” Taeyeon suddenly said quietly. Tiffany remained silent, swallowing down hard as her teeth were chattering away.

“I’ll always be here for you…” Taeyeon added.

Tiffany stopped her teeth chattering for a moment as she shifted her head towards the right, facing Taeyeon’s cheek.

Taeyeon slowly turned around; a little shocked from seeing Tiffany’s face so close to hers. Giving just a faint smile she pressed her lips onto the side of Tiffany’s cheek.

“We’ll make it” Taeyeon reassured. Tiffany just nodded slowly as she rested herself into Taeyeon’s arm again. Slowly things started to go dark before finally, everything turned pitch black.

 

 

“She’s coming. She’s coming” a faint voice slurred.

One blink.

Two blinks.

Finally Tiffany was able to open her eyes.

“Are you okay?” a blurry figure waved what seemed like their hand in front of Tiffany’s eyes.

Tiffany held her head and just nodded as her vision slowly started coming back. She quickly scanned her surroundings to see the silver Mercedes of the Soshi officers with twenty odd men in hand cuffs. There were also two ambulances, one in which Tiffany was laying on and the other which the victim was still unknown.

“Who’s in that?” Tiffany asked as she lifted her hand up to point at the other ambulance. She then looked up to see Sooyoung biting on her lower lip.

“Well… when we were looking for you we heard gunfire from inside. As we opened the door we saw you two laying there unconscious… Taeyeon had a gunshot to her left arm from the ricochet of the bullet she fired to notify us… She lost quite a lot of blood…” Sooyoung continued hesitantly. Tiffany raised her eyebrow, slowly processing Sooyoung’s words.

“You don’t mean…” Tiffany said slowly. Sooyoung just bit her lower lip in response.

Immediately Tiffany got up and dashed over to the other ambulance, stumbling as the blood slowly started moving through her legs again.

“Taeyeon?!” Tiffany exclaimed as he pushed pass the people blocking her way.

As the way was clear she could see Taeyeon in nothing but her jeans and undergarments as the paramedics were tending her gun wound in her arm. She gave a sigh of relief as she saw Taeyeon look up with a small smile, her lips still a little blue.

“Reporting for duty Commander Hwang” Taeyeon croaked as she lifted her other hand up to salute.

Tiffany lifted her hand up to her forehead and gave a sigh of disbelief. She then saw some normal officers trying to peek over the wall of Soshi Officers who were blocking the view of the half- Taeyeon. She grabbed Taeyeon’s jacket nearby and threw it at Taeyeon’s face.

“Put it on.” Tiffany growled as she turned her head back to shoot glares at the male officers.

“Later.” Taeyeon chuckled as she nodded her head towards the woman tending her arm. She then patted the seat beside her, telling Tiffany to take a seat. Tiffany just trudged over to the back of the ambulance and slouched next to Taeyeon.

“You knew the bullet would ricochet yet you still fired it…” Tiffany said slowly. “What if the bullet were to hit me instead?”

Taeyeon just chuckled.

“Impossible” Taeyeon shook her head sternly. Tiffany turned her head around to question Taeyeon.

“Well. Before I fired the bullet, I moved you behind me so that you wouldn’t get hit. Suffering hyperthermia and getting shot by a bullet isn’t exactly healthy you know.” Taeyeon explained. Tiffany elbowed Taeyeon in the rib.

“Then what about you?!” Tiffany exclaimed Taeyeon just shrugged.

“The average age of a special agent is around 23. Doesn’t really matter to me about what happens to me.”

Tiffany bit her tongue at Taeyeon’s response.

“Well it does to me!” Tiffany said stubbornly. The paramedic beside Taeyeon and the wall of Soshi officers all raised their eyebrows at Tiffany’s response. Taeyeon just chuckled with amusement at everyone’s expression.

“Okay done” said the paramedic as she clipped the bandage in place. Taeyeon just nodded as she put her jacket back on.

The wall of Soshi officers slowly started to disperse as they left Taeyeon alone with Tiffany.

“May I ask why it matters to you Commander?” Taeyeon asked mockingly as she pulled up the zip. Tiffany just frowned at Taeyeon’s question and stuck her tongue inside her cheek, a little annoyed.

“Because I will lose my best agent in the department and would cause my standards to drop.” Tiffany answered confidently.

“Ah~” Taeyeon nodded slowly. Silence then surrounded the two as no one uttered another word.

“Commander Hwang. The police need your full report.” A voice yelled out not too far from where they were sitting. Tiffany let out a groan as she slowly stood up.

“I guess you won’t be losing your best agent for a while” Taeyeon chuckled as she swung her feet back and forth. Tiffany smirked to herself as she took a step forward.

“Good. Otherwise I wouldn’t have anyone there for me, nor will I be there for anyone anymore.” Tiffany gave a shrug before she walked off, leaving Taeyeon with her feet in mid-swing and her jaw hanging slightly open.