Sleeping.

Sacrifice for ones love. [ONESHOT: HunHan | BaekYeol]

 

Friday morning. It was Friday morning when Chanyeol walked into the main living room with a pen in his mouth and a lot of papers in his hands. Chanyeol was a poet and he has been in SM Residence for a month already. At the moment, there were only five people there. Five people that had different problems and lives but shared one thing in common.

The main living room was empty so Chanyeol did not have to argue with Kai over the red armchair which he loved a lot. It gave him a lot of inspiration and it was also very comfortable. While lying on the armchair, Kai burst inside the room and threw his arms in the air.

„Lee Soo Man is an idiot! He is definitely jealous of me and my position on Earth!” he said and sat on the couch.

Chanyeol chuckled and took the pen out of his mouth, writing probably another verse before replying to him.

„We are all equal here Kai dear!”

„I told you to not call me ‚dear’! It sounds stupid when a guy calls me like that!”

„Maybe if your heart wasn’t so shadowed. ”

„NO! My heart is perfectly fine!”

„Then why did you make a heart attack and after that you started feeling so sick that you couldn’t wake up anymore?”

„I don’t know... I don’t know but it’s not my heart!”

„That’s what you say all the time since the very moment you walked in here two weeks ago!” Chanyeol chuckled and put the pen back into his mouth, looking at the ceiling while thinking deeply.

„Somebody will get on the lift today!!!” Baekhyun came running inside the living room while screaming hysterical.

It caught the attention of both of them and Kai startled a bit because of the sudden scream. Baekhyun was always a bright kid that spoke really loud.

„Baekhyunnie, don’t speak so loud!” Chanyeol said and the boy pouted guilty.

„I’m sorry!” he whispered and walked closer to Chanyeol, hiding his hands behind in a timid way.

Chuckling of Beakhyun’s cuteness, he got up from the armchair and gave him a forehead kiss, making Kai clinge behind.

„Get a room!” Kai said when some footsteps were heard coming from the main corridor.

„This is Lee Soo Man! He is going to say the name of who will get inside the lift!” Baekhyun said alarmed.

„Shhh!! It’s going to be okay!”

„What if it won’t? What if we will never meet on Earth? Or... we will but simply won’t recognize ourselves because... because...” Baekhyun couldn’t speak anymore because he teared up and quickly hid his face in Chanyeol’s chest.

Smiling, Chanyeol hugged him tight and caressed his back. Soo Man walked inside the room with two of his assistants, Donghyun and Soyoung who barely ever spoke...

„Today one of our guests are going to go on the lift. Baekhyun?” Soo Man called, making Baekhyun shiver like crazy while hugging Chanyeol even tighter. He did not want to go inside that lift! He did not know what was going to happen back on Earth and he was also afraid he will never meet Chanyeol.

„Baekhyun can you go and get Suho here? The rest of you can sit down and be quiet!” he ordered.

Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun let go of his friend and bowed before walking outside the room; avoiding to make any kind of eye contact with Soo Man.

„Boss, you need to let me go inside that lift! I can’t lose time in here! Time is money, right? I can’t just wander around this zombie building while the Choi’s are searching strategies to destroy our company’s economy!” Kai said with a business man attitude.

„It’s not your turn yet Kai!” he replied indifferent.

“What? Didn’t you hear what I said? The Choi’s ar-“

“I am here!” Suho said as he walked slowly inside the living room; Baekhyun hiding himself right behind him.

“Suho,your week staying has finally come to an end! I am glad you were here, please, it’s time for you to get inside the lift!” Soo Man said and pointed at the lift door which was right behind him.

“Can I at least know if I go back to earth or not? I know… cancer is…” Suho couldn’t finish what he wanted to say so he rubbed his face with his palms and smiled. That bright smile he would pull whenever he didn’t want to make himself even sadder.

Bowing at everyone, Baekhyun gave him one last hug before Suho went inside the lift. Everyone looked carefully at the lights that came from inside the lift. Chanyeol was bitting his lips nervously and his pen fell from his mouth when he saw that the lift went up.

“OH MY GOD!” Baekhyun screamed of shock and covered his mouth with both of his palms. Seeing that the lift went up affected pretty much all of the guested because none wanted that to happen.

If the lift went up, it meant that your journey on Earth has ended in that very moment. If it went down, another chance was given.

“He was a very impressive man!” Soo Man said before leaving the living room with his assistants.

Baekhyun ran back to Chanyeol and looked sad at him.

“Don’t worry! It will be okay!” Chanyeol assured and leaned down to get his pen.

“What if we will go up too? What if we’ll all-“

“Shut up Baekhyun! You speak too much!” Kai ordered and sat back on the couch.

“Can’t you be nicer?” Chanyeol asked and glared at Kai whom scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“Please… you don’t expect me to die when I have important business to settle down there! The Choi’s won’t take over the economy!”

“How can you think about money even here? How can you when you might be dying down there?” Chanyeol said angry and made a step closer.

Fortunately, Baekhyun grabbed his hand and reminded him to not lose his senses.

“Rich people like you only worry about unimportant things! When you’ll die for good, you won’t need that money anymore, nor your luxury, fancy cars and whatever else you have!”

“True! I might not need the money but money needs me and this!” he said and pointed at his head, making Chanyeol scoff with disbelief.

The newest guest opened the door of the living room shyly and walked around the room while rubbing his hands nervously. He was there for only a day so he still didn’t know what was happening with him or what that place was.

“I`m sorry! Can one of you please tell me what this place is? This morning, I woke up in a room and I went down where a woman was behind this counter and I asked her how I got in here but she said that my name is on ‘the list’…can you tell me what this list is all about and why I am on it?” he said, breathing heavily while trying hard to find his own words.

Baekhyun pouted and shyly lied down on the couch next to Kai. It was too heart breaking for him to explain to the new boy why he suddenly woke up in a place like that; place of which Baekhyun got attached because of Chanyeol.

Kai got up from the couch and patted the boy’s shoulder in a comfort way.

“When I came here, I wondered the same thing and you know at what conclusion I came?” he said, making the boy widen his eyes of curiosity. “a sanatorium full of mad people! This is what I am trying to explain to Soo Man! They made a mistake, I am not crazy and I am the president of an important company from South Korea but this old man is just envious or maybe he is planning together with the Choi’s to destroy me and m-“

“Shut up Kai!” Chanyeol said and threw his pen in him before he would get up and punch him. That boy was getting more annoying each day with his company and everything.

Chanyeol was getting really sick of him already.

“What is your name?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sehun… Oh Sehun!” he said and nodded confident as if he was trying to show that he wasn’t mad or anything else..

“Nice to meet you! I am Baekhyun!” he said and shook hands with him while smiling friendly. “This is Chanyeol!”

“Nice to meet you!” Chanyeol said and bowed his head, making the new boy smile shyly.

“and I think you already know that this is Kai!” Baekhyun said and pointed at the boy with whom he spoke earlier.

“Do you have any memory since before being here?” Chanyeol asked.

As a response, Sehun slowly shook his head and sighed.

“On what corridor do you are?” Chanyeol asked.

“Corridor?”

“Corridor… are you at I or S?”

“S… I think it was S… why? Is it bad?” Sehun asked alarmed.

“Did you try to kill yourself?” Baekhyun asked with wide eyes.

“What? No! Of course not, why would I?”

“It’s just that, people from corridor I are the ones that get here because specific illness they might have while the ones from S are the suicidal ones…” Chanyeol explained.

“What? But I am not ill nor I wanted to kill myself!” he said a bit angry and rubbed his forehead.

“This is a mistake! It has to be, or stupid prank, right?” Sehun asked while laughing.

Nobody seemed amused of it tho. Kai rolled his eyes and lied down on the couch while being silent.

“Maybe if we tell him how we got here, then he will understand?” Chanyeol asked Kai and Baekhyun.

“I already said what I had to say!” Kai said indifferent.

“Okay, then I`ll start!” Baekhyun said and made a sign to Sehun to sit down on the chair which Chanyeol placed in the middle of the room.

“I got here two weeks ago. Back on Earth I-“

“Wait! What? Back on earth?” Sehun laughed with disbelief and got up from the chair, looking around the room while Kai gave him an I-told-you-mad-people-are-here look.

“I want to leave, where is the Exit door?” Sehun demanded.

“There is no exit door.” Baekhyun said a bit sad of his reactions.

“Okay then; Emergency door!”

“There is not emergency door…”

“Fine. then I`ll jump outside the window!”

“You can’t, there are no windows here and even if you might find one, you won’t fit because it would be too small!” Chanyeol said.

“Can you please just sit down and listen?” Baekhyun asked nicely.

Taking a deep breath he shook his head and sat back on the chair, folding his arms while looking at them with an amused expression.

“Okay! I will pretend to believe you!”

Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol with concerned eyes but Chanyeol nodded, assuring him that he can continue his story before Sehun would decide to not give a chance to listen to what was actually happening in SM Residence.

’’As I said before, I came here two weeks ago. I had a car accident so I got hit badly at my head. Because of that, I got into a coma and I did not wake up...” Baekhyun made it short.

’’I am a poet and the reason why I am here is because I was an alcoholic. I was very poor because my poems were not selling very well. As a young writer, it’s very hard to get a lot of money out of literature. I was surviving each day with the few cents I received from the company that published my work. A month ago, I was so depressed that I went into a bar and drank until I got into a coma.”

’’So what you are trying to say is that you both went into a coma and because of that you were dragged here? What does that have to do with me?"

"Everyone that is here is because they are still 'sleeping'." Baekhyun said with wide eyes and nodded making Sehun froze for a moment and burst into laughter so hard that he teared up.

"Can you believe these ones?! AHAHAHA!" Sehun asked Kai while still laughing out loud.

Kai smirked and looked amused at them without saying anything.

"Ahh... that was funny! I am definitely sleeping right now! Like, my mind is playing tricks on me! This is what I get for dumping that foreigner girl!"

"This is not a joke! What we are share is the same thing! All four of us are in a coma right now and we are struggling down on earth to stay alive!" Chanyeol said, irritated already by Sehun.

"Yeah, of course!" he couldn't hold his laughter back, everything seemed hilarious to him.

Loud footsteps were heard again from the main corridor and Kai got up from the couch, walking towards the door with a serious attitude.

"It better be my turn this time!" Kai said, confusing Sehun with what he meant.

Soo Man walked inside the room while holding some papers in his hands and when he saw Chanyeol, he made him a sign to approach; alarming Baekhyun a lot! If there was something he was afraid of, well that was it! His body started shivering badly once again and his eyes were getting teared up of fear.

Sehun noticed the sudden change and looked at the man whom walked inside the room. He had no idea who he was but from the fancy clothes, he thought that he might be an important person.

"I see that you all met the new guest! However, Chanyeol, I got news about you from Earth and apparently it's your turn! I bet you were excited about this, right? Being here for an entire month must have been really tiring but you can go now!"

"NO!!" Baekhyun screamed and covered his mouth quickly while tears were falling down his cheeks.

Chanyeol looked back at him with a confident smile and winked.

"I told you to not worry and stop crying! I don't want this to be the last memory I have with you from here, even if I won't remember about it on Earth!" Chanyeol said and made a small pout, breaking Baekhyun's heart even more.

"Don't go! Please, let him stay here a bit more!" Baekhyun begged and ran to Chanyeol, grabbing his hand while looking with teary eyes at him.

"I am sorry Baekhyun, I know that you two attached to each other but I can't do anything about it! I am not the one that decides who stays and who doesn't!" Soo Man made it clear.

"It's going to be alright! Don't worry my little Baekhyunnie, we will meet on Earth and I am sure we will recognize ourselves!" Chanyeol said and pulled the corner of Baekhyun's lips so it would form a smile.

"There's no more time left! You need to go inside the lift right now!" Soo Man ordered.

"Give me a smile Baekhyunnie, please? You break my heart..." Chanyeol pouted seeing that he was pouring his soul in the middle of the room. He knew that he was suffering a lot because Chanyeol was feeling the same pain.

He was afraid because he didn't know if the two of them will really meet back on earth or if he would even go back there... Nothing was clear to him but one thing he knew for sure; no matter how hard it was, he had to smile! At least for Baekhyun...

Kissing his forehead, Chanyeol patted Baekhyun's nose and let go of his hand so he could walk inside the lift.

Sehun looked frozen at the entire scene because nothing made sense to him in that moment. The lift, the weird dude with papers, the scene between Baekhyun and Chanyeol... everything was simply confusing!

When Chanyeol got inside the lift, Sehun noticed that a sudden blue light appeared from behind the lift's door which was disappearing while going up. He didn't really understand what that meant but Baekhyun's crying and screams were making Sehun tear up.

He teared up because he has never seen a person being in such a big pain like Baekhyun! Kai sighed and looked down while the important looking person kept the same expression on his face.

"Hey..." Sehun said and made a couple of steps towards Baekhyun.

Comforting people was not his talent and normally he would make things worst but the urge of hugging that little boy was so strong that it broke his heart when he realized he had no strength to actually do it.

"Come on Baekhyun, be strong! Look, you might still meet him one day! Nothing should stay between the two of you!" Kai tried to comfort.

Baekhyun fell onto his knees and started hitting the floor with his fist while crying Chanyeol's name.

"YAH!!!" Sehun screamed and made Baekhyun stop hitting the floor. "Do you think he wants you to be like this? Do you think that crying and injuring yourself will bring him back?! Cut it out! Cut it out because you are hurting both of yourselves right now!"

Baekhyun opened his fist and placed the palm on the floor slowly, touching it as if he was trying to guess what it was. Without hesitating anymore, Sehun grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up, trying to look at him.

"Yah! Look at me!" Sehun ordered.

Baekhyun kept on sobbing while slowly raising his sight to look into the new guy's eyes. When they made eye contact, Sehun felt so relieved that he pulled a weak smile and hugged him tight.

"Everything is going to be alright!" Sehun whispered into his ear and kissed his hair.

Uncertain, Baekhyun kept on crying on Sehun's shoulder while wrapping his hands around his waist so he can hug him back.

A blue light suddenly came from the lift and it made them all look towards it. Soo Man was still in the room, all quiet while he was reading what was on his papers.

The lift stopped and the door slowly opened.

"Oh! The new comer is here!" Soo Man said when the door opened even more.

"New comer?" Sehun said to himself and looked confused at the door.

A tall, skinny boy with silver hair and baby face appeared with a huge happy smile on his face. The boy seemed so happy that Sehun almost forgot of what had happened earlier.

"It's nice to see you again!" Soo Man said very friendly and the boy smiled at him.

"Ahh all my memories from here are back again! I`m so happy to be here!!" the boy said and stepped outside the lift, looking at Kai whom was blinking stupidly. If there was something that confused him a lot to leave him speechless, well that was it! Why would that boy be happy to be here?

And wait. "see you again?" does that mean that he has been there before or what?

The boy whom was dressed in black trousers and a white large shirt that was almost reaching his knees, walked concerned towards Baekhyun and pulled him out of Sehun's arms, making him wide his mouth.

"What the was that!" Sehun said to himself and threw a look at Kai whose eyes seemed to have frozen on the new comer.

"Are you alright? Why are you crying? Please don't be like this, you should be happy! I am certain you look beautiful with a smile on your face!" he said to Baekhyun and pulled this angelic smile on his face that made Baekhyun's lips lift a bit.

"Come! Tell me everything! I`m here to listen to you!" the new comer said and dragged Baekhyun outside the room.

Soo Man kept on nodding to himself with a smile while Kai and Sehun threw confused stares at him. When Soo Man felt how the boys were staring at him intensely, he chuckled and pointed towards the two boys that were walking down the main corridor.

"Ah! That's Luhan! You two should better treat him well! He has been here before and his life on earth has been miserable! For some reasons which I do not want to share without permission, he is very happy here so you two better behave! Understood?!" Soo Man made it clear.

Sehun and Kai blinked without saying anything in response and Soo Man wanted to walk outside the room when Sehun stopped him.

"Wait! I want to know why I am here, I am not sure if I understand anything what is happening here..."

"You were in a car accident! You drank; you got at the wheel and started driving on the street with over 160 km/h! Like a maniac if you ask me..." Soo Man said while nodding to himself.

"A car accident? I don't remember anything like that!"

"Of course you don't! You were asleep! You fell asleep while driving and that's how you got outside the road and hit into a light pole!"

"A light pole? YOU'RE JOKING?"

"No I am not and I am sure you do not want to know how your precious car looks like right now. Also, you got injured really badly! Doctors are struggling to keep you alive as we speak! An hour ago, you went into a coma but the doctors are still making surgeries. Apparently you are bleeding inside your head and they need to get the blood out a way or another before you might die!"

Sehun's legs got so weak that he almost slipped and fell but Kai quickly got up from the couch and grabbed his shoulder, trying to help him stand up.

"You're joking..." Sehun said with disbelief and covered half of his face with his palm.

Everything Soo Man said didn't make much sense to him. He was starting to wonder if that was really just a bad dream...

"It's alright! Hey, think like this: two went up... maybe the third one will go back to earth? Maybe you will wake up from your coma!!!"

Angry, Sehun slapped Kai’s hand from his arm and frowned.

“I can’t be here! Don’t you get it? This isn’t true!”he said and hit the armchair with his feet, swearing loudly in the living room.

“This is the truth! Take it however you want, I need to go back to my work now!”Soo Man said and left the room once again.

Sighing loudly, Sehun opened his eyes wide and then closed them, falling back on the armchair while covering his face with both of his palms.

“This isn’t real! This isn’t true!”Sehun kept on repeating to himself.

The door from the living room opened again and the new comer walked inside with a cute pout on his face.

“Baekhyun told me what happened! I feel so sorry for him…Last time when I was here, there used to be this singing teacher and he taught me how to sing some songs for Christmas! He was so good at heart but there were very low chances for him to survive down there. When he went inside the lift, he told me that he was going to be fine with whatever would happen to him because at least he made his dream come true for the last time; teaching someone to sing his Christmas songs. When I went back on earth, I didn’t remember him anymore but I still remembered the Christmas songs! I became a singer just so I can sing those songs of his until…something happened and I had to stop but oh well…anyway! Why is he angry? I’m Luhan, by the way!”he said and shook Kai’s hand with the same bright smile which he had on his face when he first came there.

“Nice to meet you! I`m Kai and this is grumpy Sehun!”

“Sehun-ah, why are you rubbing your hands so angry? Do you want wrinkles at the corner of your eyes and on your forehead? You would look like an old man!”Luhan said with a very soft voice and pouted again.

Sehun slowly raised his sight and glared at the young boy whom wasn’t helping him at all. His kindness in such situation was actually irritating him. Why would anyone want to be there anyway? What was so good about being there? What was different about being there, between life and death, rather than being on earth and actually live!

“Go away!”Sehun said and made himself more comfortable on the armchair, totally avoiding any kind of eye contact with Luhan.

“As I said: grumpy Sehun!”Kai said and rolled his eyes.

“Shut up, will you??”

“Ahh!! Let’s play a game! Back on earth, I used to have a lot of fans but because in the past year I couldn’t sing anymore, I miss seeing people try to get close to me! Can you two act that you want to get close to me? Or…I don’t know maybe flirt with me a little? Please? Will you?”

“YAH! Are you stupid? What is to flirt about here and besides, do you forget that you’re a dude? Why would I want to flirt with you?”

Luhan pouted and looked at Kai hoping that at least he would accept to play along.

“We will just pretend... If I had a wig, I would have put it on so you would think I was a girl but there is no such thing here…”

“Aishh!! Artists, they think they can have everything they want!”Sehun said really irritated.

“I will play with you!”Kai said and smiled at the young boy. “I`m bored anyway, so why not?”

A bright smile appeared on Luhan’s face and he clapped excited as he sat down quickly on the couch. It was difficult for Kai to flirt with a guy because he had never done that before but because he saw how Baekhyun and Chanyeol acted around each other, he had an idea of what to do.

Kneeing in front of Luhan, he grabbed his hand and kissed it while looking into his eyes.

“I am not very good with words but you are really beautiful!”

Sehun burst into a hysterical laughter after hearing what Kai had said.

“How cheesy!”he commented and wiped the corners of his eyes of tears.

He was laughing really hard and because of that, Kai kept on sending death glares to Sehun.

“Sehun-ah, has anyone ever tried to flirt with you?”Luhan asked out of the blue with a curious expression on his face.

Sehun stopped from laughing and raised an eyebrow at the curious baby faced boy.

“Of course they did! Do you think only artists get flirts or what?”he asked a bit cold.

“No but you seem to not take some certain stuff well…can I?”Luhan said and got up from the couch, totally ignoring that Kai was on his knees in front of him.

“Can you what?”Sehun asked confused.

Luhan stopped in front of him and spread Sehun’s legs a bit so he can sit between them. It made his eyes widen because he had no idea what on earth it was happening.

“I`m not gay!”Sehun almost screamed when he saw him grabbing his shirt into his tiny fist.

“Sehun-ah…do you like to read?”

“Read? PFF! No... That’s for losers!”

“I like to read. I like to read a lot because that way I can live the many lives of a lot of people…the lives I can’t have for real!”

“You’re delusional and crazy artist, that’s why!”Sehun said and looked away, trying to avoid eye contact.

“Do you like the sea?”

“No, I prefer mountains!”

“Mountains are beautiful as well!”Luhan smiled and started thinking about something.

“Ah! Sehun-ah, do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever been in love with somebody?”Sehun could hear clearly the curiosity into the boy’s voice.

“Of course not! I don’t believe in such things, those are for delusional people like you!”he said and placed a hand on Luhan’s chest, pushing him away a bit because it was feeling like he was breathing all of his air.

All of a sudden, he left Luhan’s hand placing itself right above his heart and he kept on looking really confused at his chest, as if he was trying to figure out something. Raising an eyebrow, Sehun his lips and scoffed.

“What are you doing?”

“You have such a young heart, yet it’s so tired…”

“What?”

“You’re too scared to love someone, isn’t it?”Luhan said and caught Sehun’s eyes with his.

Gulping nervously, he decided to not answer to that question and when Luhan grabbed his shirt into his tiny fist again, pulling him a bit closer towards him, Sehun snapped and pushed the boy away from him, getting up from the armchair and walking away from him.

“What are you doing?!”he said with disbelief, his breath getting heavy.

“No…nothing!”he said with a little pout.

Kai shook his head and helped Luhan get up, throwing death glares to Sehun all the time. He didn’t understand why Kai was so friendly to the new comer. Was he afraid of Soo Man or what? Whatever it was, he wasn’t going to obey anyone. All he wanted was to go back to reality and forget all the madness from SM Residence

The door of the living room opened and the two assistants of Soo Man walked inside, stopping right in the middle of the room.

“Kai, it’s your turn to get inside the lift!”

“FINALLY! IT WAS ABOUT TIME FOR THAT OLD MAN TO LET ME LEAVE!”Kai said really happy and smiled happily at Luhan before walking straight inside the lift.

He didn’t say anything else, didn’t look back, didn’t wave, all he did was to just walk inside and close the door behind him. Curious, Sehun looked at the light towards were it was going.

Meanwhile, he also peeked at Luhan with the corner of his eyes that seemed to look at the door with his angelic smile once again. It made Sehun roll his eyes and when he stopped rolling them, he noticed that the blue lights were going down, making him froze.

“What?”he almost shouted with disbelief.

“What is this madness?! That guy seemed to be this rich type of dude that didn’t care much about people and he went BACK? BACK?? REALLY?” Sehun argued.

“He woke up from his coma! We don’t decide who lives and who doesn’t!” Soyoung said and the two assistants left the room without saying anything anymore.

“Madness!” Sehun said and threw his hands into the air really irritated.

“Why would you want to see somebody die?” Luhan asked with a low, confused, yet soft voice.

“I don’t! But the guy that went before him seemed like a really good guy and he didn’t go back to Earth while he seemed like the jerk type and-“

“Just because people have more money than others or might seem cold, that doesn’t mean they deserve to die!”Luhan said and made a pouty face again.

“What do you know anyway?”

“I know that people have good in them!”

“Now I understand why you didn’t succeed as a singer!”

“Oh but I did! It’s just that my health stood between me and my career in the past months…”

“Oh really? What happened to you? What’s your problem? Too many fan girls caused you a heart attack? Or did you drink until you went into a coma? What could have possibly happen to you?”Sehun scoffed.

“My heart is dying…”Luhan said with a low voice.

Sehun froze for a moment and then looked at him. “Your heart is dying?”

Luhan made his pouty face again and nodded while looking away.

“If I don’t get a heart transplant, I will die soon…”a huge sadness appeared on Luhan’s face when he placed his own hand above his heart, looking at it for a second.

“I don’t want to steal anybody’s heart. I know that for me to get that transplant, somebody has to die…”Luhan said and took his hand from his heart, sighing before pulling that bright angelic smile of his once again.

“I…I’m…sorry…”was everything Sehun could say before looking away and walking outside of the room.

Luhan stood down on the red armchair where Chanyeol would usually sit while trying to write poems. The spot was still a bit warm from when Sehun lied in it. Caressing the spot a bit, he smiled and looked at the door where Baekhyun suddenly appeared.

“Luhan I think I know what I have to do…”he said all of a sudden and walked towards Luhan with a weak smile.

“You do? Ah! Will you go down on earth and live happily for me? Will you? I would be so happy if you did that!”Luhan said and got up from the armchair, cupping Baekhyun’s face with his hands and smiling angelic at him.

“I will, I will do that!”Baekhyun nodded when they both heard loud footsteps again. “Soo Man is going to come to speak to me! Will you mind leaving us for a moment?”

“No! Of course not!”Luhan said and kissed his cheeks. “Be good, okay?”

“Yes!”Baekhyun chuckled.

When Luhan opened the door to walk outside, Soo Man was coming inside so Luhan bowed and waited for him to walk inside first before leaving.

After assuring himself that nobody was going to hear, Baekhyun kneed in front of Soo Man, surprising him a lot.

“Mister Soo Man, I know I am going to die…I am aware that my car accident was worse than I’ve been told and I don’t want to go back on Earth anymore…I don’t want to go back on Earth knowing that I will never have the chance to meet Chanyeol and that’s why I am beggining you Mister Soo Man! Give my heart to Luhan! We are both at the same hospital! I’m at second floor and he is at the first one, how hard could it be for the doctor to cut a tiny piece of me and take it to him? Right?”Baekhyun’s eyes were tearing up while looking down at the floor.

“I am sorry Baekhyun, I am not the one that controls fates!”

“Please do something right for the first time! I know you have the power to say your word! I want to meet my Chanyeol and I know that I will only meet him if I go up so please listen to me and help Luhan! Please let him take my heart! He will keep us both alive! You will save two lives! Please? Please! I am beggining you! I really don’t wanna go down knowing that I won’t find an important piece there…”

Baekhyun grabbed Soo Man’s pants with one hand while the other one he had on the floor, crying as he was beggining for him to listen to his final wish.

Sighing, Soo Man kneed at Baekhyun’s level and placed both of his hands on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

“Please...”Baekhyun begged for the last time before Soo Man nodded.

“I will try everything I can! Please go and rest in your room Baekhyun, I`ll let you know!”

 

**

 

 Luhan was walking on the S corridor, reading what was written on each door. Some had names, others had numbers. First time when he was to the SM Residence, it was four months ago and he had to stay for almost three weeks. It was pleasant for him because it was the only time when he didn’t feel any pain.

His body was healthy at the SM Residence and that’s why he was really happy to be there…to feel strong, to not feel like puking or sweating badly…not having to inhale the hospital air nor see people looking with pity eyes at him…He loved it at SM Residence! He loved to see that people were equal there. Everyone shared the same things. They were all “sleeping”in the same time.

Because he was thinking deeply while looking at what was written on doors, he didn’t notice that Sehun was on the corridor so he bumped into him so hard that he fell down on his backside.

“Ouch!”Luhan made a cute sound and caressed his a bit.

“Are you okay?”Sehun said and kneed at his level, making Luhan wide his eyes.

Seeing Sehun not being sarcastic or ignorant with him after not even 15 minutes since they last met, it was a bit suspicious. Did he already pity him too? That’s not what Luhan wanted so it made him pout really sad.

Gulping nervously, Sehun came closer to him and looked carefully at his face.

“Did you hurt yourself badly?”he asked, sounding a bit concerned.

“Please don’t pity me…”Luhan said with a sad expression.

“What? Of course I do not pity you!”

“You are…a few minutes ago you weren’t so friendly to me…”

“A few minutes ago I didn’t know you were actually not a full of yourself artist!”he snapped back.

Sighing, he got up ignoring Sehun’s hand. Sehun got up too and stood in front of Luhan, not moving one inch.

“Can you step aside, please?”

“Why are you on the S corridor? Aren’t you supposed to be on the other one?”

“I like to wander around the building…it calms me down!”

“Luhan…”

“Yes?”

“You were right!”

“With what?”Luhan said, chuckling amused of how the situation was turning into.

“I do have a tired heart and I don’t know how to make it beat. ”

“Sehun-ah…”Luhan whispered and cupped his face with his palms.

“You’re really cute and kind, I`m sorry for being a jerk earlier. I’m not usually bad with peo-“

“I know!”Luhan said with his angelic smile again and kissed the top of Sehun’s nose.

“I am not sure but I think I-“

“I like you too Sehun!”he cut him off, making things easier for him.

“Ah..a….. good!!”he said nervously.

Someone suddenly shouted after Luhan’s name and he turned towards where the sound was coming from.

Apparently it was from the main living room. Without saying a word, Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand and ran back to the living room together. Inside, they found Soo Man with the two assistants of his. The lift seemed to also be in use because they could see the blue light and it was shockingly going up.

“Who was that? Was it Baekhyun? Did…why…”Luhan said really alarmed.

“There’s not much time left Luhan you need to get inside the lift right now!”

“But I-“

“NOW LUHAN!”

Taking a deep breath he turned to Sehun and pecked his lips, dumbfounding him for good! That was not something he expected to happen.

“If you don’t feel this when you kiss somebody, then it’s not me!”Luhan said and went inside the lift, looking at Sehun for one more time before closing the door.

Now he understood what Baekhyun felt when he saw Chanyeol inside that lift. Of course, his feelings weren’t as strong as Baekhyun’s but there still were a few there! It surprised himself a lot because he had never expected such a turn…

When the blue light appeared, Sehun almost had difficulty breathing but when he saw that the lights were going down, he almost cried of happiness.

“He is alive! HE GOT THE HEART TRANSPLANT? HE WILL SURVIVE!! OMG!!”Sehun said really happy, almost jumping around.

“I think it’s time for you to go inside the lift too.”  Soo Man said with a serious voice.

“Me? But I’ve been here for such a short time, I…I don’t understand I thought-“

“I am not the one that will decide fates!”

“Can I at least know if I go up or down?”Sehun asked nervously.

“I am sorry, I don’t know myself!”

“If I do…I will lose all my memories from here…”

“Your memories will not come back, it’s true, but you still have a backup memory which will activate in certain conditions. ”

“Like what?”

“Like, if you love somebody and you will see that person, you will know it’s the right one! You will not remember the memories but you will still remember the feeling. That’s what people back on earth call love at first sight. ”

 

 

---

 

This is the first time I am writing a Hunhan/Baekyeol one shot so I hope I didn't disappoint too much!! ^^;; Thank you very much for reading!