Hope Is a Dream That Doesn't Sleep

My Heart Is Forever Yours

~Hope Is a Dream That Doesn’t Sleep~
-One Shot-

            I stare at him from afar. I can see that he wants out of that mob of fangirls. I can felt my heart strings being tugged on. But personally, how would I be of any help to him. After all, I was the school’s nerd, and he…he was the school’s Kingka. I hated being so far down on the totem pole. But I guess that was how it was. Ever since I aced the entrance exam, I had been marked as the nerd. I could feel the hateful glares on my back, and see the scornful looks that were thrown my way as I walk by. But, I would never back down, if it meant I had leave this school. This school had my crush, my secret love that can make my heart ache when he looks in my direction.
            I crave just a glance of his raven hair, of his glittering eyes, or even his small hands. I can’t stop thinking that he is going to make me change. My looks were not bad; I just hid behind my hair and purposely dress like a geek. I can’t attract attention, because then it would take it away from him. I knew what he has gone through, and what he is going through. I couldn’t help but want to make him happy. My only wish was that he would notice me, take me from the shadows and dust me off to show me to the world. But I couldn’t have that wish. It was, after all, his happiness that made me happy. I smile as he walks pass a girl that was dressed skimpy. He has never looked at a girl that would throw herself at him. Or even a boy that throw himself at him.
            I want to snarl as one of his friends throw his arm around his shoulder. But I can’t stop it. I’m so stupid to be possessive over someone that doesn’t even notice me. I have to keep my mouth shut as they walk by; noticing that one of his friends looked at me, taking notice. I sink back into the shadows. I may be invisible, but I knew that some people saw me, even if I didn’t want them too. The attention is all his. He deserves it more than I do.
            I stare at him with affection. He seems to know that I watch him, because every now and then he will look around him as if searching for me. I grin at the thought of him really seeing me, the real me. I sigh as the school bell rings to signal that school was over. I was going to miss him. He had become part of my life. I kept the rumors from spreading as much as I could, make sure that no one really hurt him (even if he is the Kingka, people can still hate). I didn’t want him to feel bad for other people misfortunes.
            Standing only after everyone left, I make the trek to the music room. That was my sanctuary. Music was something that both Yesung and I loved. When I sang, I always thought of him. Though, I’m sure no one would ever hear me sing, I always did after school on Fridays. It had become habit.

“I never felt nothing in the world like this before,
Now I’m missing you and I’m wishing that you would come back though my door (ooh),
Why did you go? You could have let me know…so now I’m all alone,
Boy you could have stay but you didn’t give me a chance (ooh),
With you not around it’s a little bit more than I can stand.”

            I sang out the song that my mother sang when she missed my father. He was gone now. So…I know that I could never have a chance with Yesung, so I sang about having a chance. My love was something that I wouldn’t let go of, because it was true.
            A soft smile graces my face when I think of Yesung’s beautiful voice. I swear I can feel the emotions rolling off of him when he sings. I know that he captures me when he sings. I take a look around and do a childish little twirl. I begin to hum a small tune that Yesung would sing to sometimes under his breath. I could always hear him in class because I sit right behind him in the darkest corner of the room.
            Taking off my glasses (which I didn’t need in reality) and ruffling my hair, I glance up at my appearance in the mirrored wall. My shaggy brown mop of hair was able to cover my eyes, and my dorky clothes kept a barrier between the other teenagers and myself. I didn’t like the fact that when I was once seen without my glasses and cloths out of school one of the girls called me handsome. That was not for her to decide.
            Placing my IPod on the dock in the music room, I pull off the geek wear, and reveal the wife beater I had on under it. I close my eyes and the IPod cuts on and shuffles quickly. A soft smile graces my face as the music begins to flow in the room. I could remember Yesung struggling with dancing. Well, dancing that was choreographed that is. I loved the cute little dances he makes up himself. I pause for a second as the next song comes on. A snort escaped me when the first note of the song played through the air.
            I strike the starting pose, and just as the lyrics play, I began to dance. I remember this song from when I was younger. I remember watching Yesung struggle with different languages, so I downloaded many different songs in different languages so I could get use to hearing it, and also to learn it. I now knew Chinese, Spanish, English, and even Dutch. As the song drew to a close, I freeze. Clapping. I could hear clapping. Spinning around, I spot Yesung leaning against the door frame.
            “I never knew that you could dance, Kyuhyun…,” Yesung whispered, a small smile on his handsome face. He turned and left, leaving me there looking like a fool. Then I realize that I missed a very important fact…Yesung knew my name. I stood shocked to my core for the next seconds before bolting after Yesung to confront him. Maybe my dream that he would notice me wasn’t dead…there was hope that had fallen asleep awakening as I raced down the hall after Yesung.
______________________________________________________________________________

Haha!! Hey everyone, this one-shot is dedicated to all of the subscribers of ‘My Five Meddling Siblings’! I have 100 subs! I think I have spazzed out so much that my family thinks that I am having seizures. xD But I’m not (nor am I making fun of people that have seizures, don’t bash me).

Hopefully when ‘Creature Love’, ‘Going Under’, or ‘Black Dogs’ gets 100 subbies, I can post their respective one-shot in honor of all the subs I (and AngelicAngel, because she betad for me and kept me going) got! Hehe!! Thanks for everything y’all!! The comments and subs (for ‘My Five Meddling Siblings’) were wonderful and I feel so grateful for everything.

~BlackOut

P.S. The song is ‘Wait for You’ by Elliot Yamin. I DO NOT own the rights to the song/lyrics.