BFF

My BFF

 

August is coming. Another month for birthdays. But for the certain red haired girl, her birthday isn't happy at all ever since she lost her special best friend. It's been months since she and her certain blonde shorty had a misunderstanding and ended on splitting up. It's really painful for the red haired girl since she already learned how to love her more than a best friend.
 
Since then, she started to spend lunch time and break time with out the blonde best friend. And it hurt her so much whenever she remembers their happy memories together, while watching her ex-best friend with her new friends laughing together killing her slowly inside.
 
It should be her.
 
The one who laughs with Taeyeon.
 
But after months of ignoring each other, she decided to approach Taeyeon and apologize. The blonde accept her apology but things never return to the way it was before. There's still invisible barrier between them. They barely greet each other and only text each other to have some short conversation which hurt her in the process because she miss Taeyeon so much and the feeling of being with her everyday. There's so many things she wants to say. But she couldn't.
 
-
 
"Taeyeon…" she sadly mutters while sitting on her couch.
 
-
 
They have been best friend ever since she went to Korea and study there. Taeyeon is the first person and only one who talk to her before. Even though her korean is hard to understand. They begun to tell their secrets to each other, eat their breaks together and eat they lunch together even they're not in the same classroom since she was from the B section while Taeyeon was from the A section. One of the things she loves was that Taeyeon always did was waiting for her outside the classroom to eat together.
 
Then one day, when they were taking their break, she told something that made Taeyeon smiled. That smile made something that made her heart beat fast. It took her weeks until she realizes that she's in love with Taeyeon. But after realizing this, she also realized that Taeyeon will never feel the same way.
 
She know that she's already rejected even though she didn't even confessed yet.
 
-
 
The bell rang so the teacher dismissed the class. She stood up and went to her 'new friends' to have their lunch. Her new friends were very good to her though she knows that they are all hypocrite.
 
She knows that Taeyeon hated her a little bit for being one of them because she knows that Taeyeon hate those kind of people. But she only wants someone to comfort her. Especially Taeyeon's comfort.
 
But no matter how hard she tries not to look for Taeyeon comfort, she always did. She realized that even she have this new friends to forget her, she still need Taeyeon. To cover the pain that she have, she always wears a mask of smile. She would always wear her smile and pretend that she's contented although everything's a lie.
 
"So Tiffany, what do you want for your birthday?" One of her friends asked her while they're eating their lunches.
 
Oh right, what does she wants for her birthday? She knows it's impossible but, all she wants on her birthday is Taeyeon. She can easily tell them what she really wants but the question; what will their reaction if they found out her feelings for Taeyeon?
 
Would they be disgusted to her and will start to avoid her? She decided not to tell anyone about it. 
 
So she fake a smile then answered, "Just to be with and greet by my most important person."
 
They only stared at her blankly.
 
They are all expecting her to wish glamorous things like bag, car, anything that luxury things. And it surprised them to hear her answer.
 
-
 
It was morning and people are already busy. As she entered the school building, many had greeted her good morning. She'll do the same and smile. But when she put her attention on the corridor, she saw Taeyeon hugging someone. The girl that Taeyeon is hugging gladly returns the hug. Then they both laugh.
 
She can't help but to be jealous though she knows Taeyeon loves to hug but she couldn't stop it. So what she did was walk fast and pass Taeyeon who still hugging the girl. She feels her heart tear into pieces as she passes by.
 
-
 
She's watching the rain outside the window. Then suddenly, her phone vibrated.
 
'Hi! How're u?'
 
Her heart beat suddenly grew faster when she read the text message. It was from Taeyeon.
 
'Hello! I'm good, how 'bout u?'
 
She knows it was a lie. She doesn't even know when she will be okay.
 
'I'm fine, so what r u doin' ryt now?'
 
'Um, nothin'. Just sitting at the couch while texting u.' She replied.
 
While replying the message, she doesn't know what she feels. She doesn't know if she's happy because Taeyeon had texted her. She knows that somehow, Taeyeon still concern of her though Taeyeon will never admit it.
 
'Oh, ok. So u're b-day is near. I'm gonna give you a big gift!!'
 
Honestly, she doesn't want a gift on her birthday. Just to be with Taeyeon again was the only thing she's wishing for.
 
'U doesn't need to do that. Ol I need was just a simple gift.'
 
'Oh? Then what is it?'
 
It's now or never, she needs to tell this Taeyeon.
 
'Just to be greeted by u. It's ok 2 me. It's simple but meaningful ryt? Kekeke..'
 
'Oh, then I will do that just 4 u. so I need make it meaningful huh? Don't worry; I'll not gonna let u down. Kekeke..'
 
At that, she let a true smile for the first time after months of faking it.
 
-
 
It's raining again, but she's in the mall busy buying something. All her friends came to her house and gave her a birthday party earlier this morning. It's already six fourthy five pm and yet, Taeyeon still haven't calling her or even texting her to greet her happy birthday yet. She does still confuse why her friends already gave her a birthday party that she knows it's suppose to be held in the night and not in the morning.
 
While she's walking, she felt her phone vibrated on the pocket of her jacket so she pull it out see who is it.
 
'Hey Tiff, it's me. .uhm, can u go here at the school? I need ur help here. Pls? thnx!'
 
'Oh, it's just Jessica.' She thought as she put her phone back to her pocket again. Then she hailed a cab and went to school.
 
When she arrived at the gate, she saw a seven-year old boy running towards her. "This is for you noona!" the boy gives her a rose and a note:
 
Tiffany,
 
Ever since you came to my life, everything changed.
You brought my boring life into livelier and happy.
You don't know how much you mean to me.
 
P.S Can you go to your old classroom?
 
After reading this, she smiled but then became confuse. All she knows is that Jessica needs her help. 'From whose letter is this?' She asks herself.
 
"Who told this cute little boy to give this rose and letter to noona?" she said while smiling as she sit to match the little boy's height.
 
The boy smiled and answered, "Noona said it's a secret!"
 
"Noona?" It confused her again.
 
The boy nod happily. "Yes!"
 
'Who could that be?' She thought.
 
"I wonder what's next?" She said when she finally entered the room. She sighs and looks around if someone is there too. But unfortunately, no one. 'Well, who would still be here at this time aside from the guard and janitors?' She said to herself.
 
She sighs again and takes one glance on the black board but something caught her attention when she saw a note written on it.
 
Tiffany,
 
Do you know how your smile and eye smile affect so much?
Do you even have any idea what are you doing to me? 
You're the only one who makes me crazy all day, all night.
 
Please proceed to the garden.
 
'Just who are you?' She thought in curiosity.
 
When she arrived at the garden, she saw baskets of roses shaped in heart. She can't help but to smile in amusement.
 
"Wow…" But her amusement grew more when the roses glow because of the light underneath of the roses. Every basket, there's light beneath the flowers. Each basket is different light. Pale blue, pink, light yellow and anything that the color is light. She enjoy looking at the flowers then suddenly, she saw a note again saying, "Turn around"
 
She did what the note said as all the lights on the trees and flowers in the garden lighten up. She watches how the light starts as a familiar person walked.
 
The familiar blonde smiled when she saw how Tiffany feel so amuse on what she is seeing. Then Tiffany finally notice her. Tiffany become shock when she realized who it is. She let a gasp before she speak. "Tae.... Yeon...?"
 
"Hi." Taeyeon said as she walk towards Tiffany and take out a bouquet of flowers behind her back and give to Tiffany. "This is for you." She said.
 
"Th-thank you." Tiffany said nervously.
 
Taeyeon smiled when she sense that Tiffany is slightly nervous. "Don't stutter. And please, don't be nervous. This is all for you.
 
Tiffany blushed. "I-I am not." She said defensively.
 
"Aww, your cute blush came out again! I miss it! I really like seeing you blush! You're so adorable!" it's true that Taeyeon likes making Tiffany blush since before, when they're still best friends.
 
Tiffany pout making Taeyeon adore her more. But Taeyeon decided to stop before making Tiffany upset. "Okay. I'll stop." Taeyeon said.
 
"Alright." Tiffany said as her pout disappeared.
 
There was an awkward silence after that but Taeyeon decided to cut it off. "Tiffany, I have something to tell you." She said in a serious tone.
 
'Taeyeon is serious. I wonder what is she going to say?' She thought. 'No! What if she'll tells me that she have a new girlfriend? Oh my god. Please no.'
 
Taeyeon suddenly afraid when she saw Tiffany's expression became worry. She really needs to say it to Tiffany before it's too late. "Tiffany please don't hate me on what I'm gonna say." She said. Hoping that Tiffany wouldn't get angry.
 
Tiffany become more nervous now but decided to hide it from Taeyeon. "I'm not going to hate you TaeTae. Why will I?"
 
Taeyeon let a toothy smile making Tiffany's heart beat wild. "Because since we ignored each other, I had miss you so much that you could ever think. I regret that I leave just like that and never turn around even though you're calling out my name while running to catch me. I've been so sad and lonely without you by my side, hearing you're voice and laughs, seeing you're red cheek, holding your hand when we're walking together and mostly, you're beautiful smile that made everyday of my life complete. I had miss it all though I can't tell you."
 
Tiffany became speechless at the moment. She just wants to cry in happiness because on what had Taeyeon told her. She just want to hug Taeyeon now and kiss her.
 
Taeyeon decided to continue when Tiffany didn't say anything and besides it is now or never if she'll not tell her this. "When we still don't ignore each other, I realized one thing Tiffany, that I can't live without you. I realized that I can't be happy without you. But the most thing I realized is, I'm in love with you. I love you Tiffany, with all of my heart." She confessed to a speechless Tiffany.
 
Tiffany couldn't believe with what all she had just heard from Taeyeon. 'Am I dreaming? Please tell me I'm not, Taeyeon. Please tell me.' She thought.
 
"This isn't a dream Pani-ah. This is all true." Taeyeon said while smiling.
 
"How did you…"
 
"I can see it in your eyes." Taeyeon said.
 
She smiled. "Did you mean it all? Did all of you say is true?" she said. Hoping Taeyeon is telling the truth.
 
"Yes I am. I love you with all of my heart." Taeyeon answer honestly.
 
Tiffany can't move neither speak on what Taeyeon confessed to her. "Um, Pani-ah please say something." Taeyeon said in childish manner while pouting. She is so nervous that Tiffany might reject her. She has a manner that if she's so nervous, she'll act like a child so her nervousness will go.
 
Tiffany unexpectedly laugh when she saw Taeyeon pout. 'Her childish attitude still hadn't gone away.' She said to herself. She's really Taeyeon. Though some of her attitude changed, she can tell Taeyeon is the same. When her laughter had ceased, she answered, "Taeyeon is impatient. You know I'm so lucky that I met you. Though you're clever sometimes, noisy sometimes, weird sometimes, funny, not really a joker but you can make me laugh and smile, outrageous and matured, you became my friend. The best of all my best friends." She paused.
 
"You surprise me in any way you knows. And since I'm clumsy, you're always there to catch me whenever I fall. You make me happy everyday. You teach me how to trust myself, have a confident and most importantly, you made me love you." she finished.
 
On what Tiffany said, Taeyeon couldn't help to smile but she still have worries on what will happen next. "You love me too?" she asks.
 
"Yes, like on what you said TaeTae. I love you and more than you know." Tiffany said with all of her heart.
 
Taeyeon never felt this emotion before. She's so happy that Tiffany love her back. 'So here it is, I'll ask her. I don't want to waste another second of this night.' Taeyeon thought as she kneeled down making Tiffany surprise in the sudden action of her.
 
"Pani-ah we know that I leaved you before. But will you be my girl friend? I swear I'll never leave you again, I'll never hurt you again. Because if I did, I'll never forgive myself. I'll promise this time I'll be more understanding. I'll treat you as the most important person in the world. I'll treat you like my wifey." Taeyeon said while looking straight to Tiffany's eyes.
 
"Yes TaeTae! I will! I want to be your girlfriend! I'll be you wifey!" Tiffany answered, without missing any second. She's too happy.
 
Taeyeon then stood up and hug Tiffany so tight, the same as Tiffany. Taeyeon feels like she won the jackpot in the lottery. She doesn't want anything else because Tiffany is hers now. She really loves Tiffany so much since the day she realized it and until now.
 
When the two broke the hug, Taeyeon lean in and kiss Tiffany passionately then the fire works in the sky suddenly came out making the two stop and look at the fire works in the sky. Tiffany felt so happy as she watch the fire works.
 
When the fire works are gone, the two stare at each other. "Happy birthday Tiffany." Taeyeon said as she kissed Tiffany again.
 
"Thank you TaeTae. You made my wish come true and gave a very special gift that I'll never forget." Tiffany said after they broke the kiss and wrap her arms around Taeyeon's neck while Taeyeon wraps her arms on her waist and pulled her closer till they don't have space.
 
"I love you Pani-ah always and I'll always be." Taeyeon said. "Happy birthday Tiffany."
 
END