Happy Birthday Kim hyun Joong! My Present Is My Heart

Happy Birthday Kim Hyun Joong! My Present Is My Heart

 

“Hyun Joong, next week is your birthday right?”

“Uhuh. Why?”

“I’m going to give you something very important on your birthday. Just you wait!”

Oblivious to Hyun Joong, what So Min wanted to give him was her heart. They have been neighbors for almost 10 years and throughout those 10 years, they have become best friends. Every year, on his birthday, Hyun Joong would always ask a girl to accompany him on a date. That girl would be his flavor of the month. So Min wanted to be that girl but she didn’t want to be a flavor of the month. She wanted to be the flavor of his life. She had loved him from the age of 14 and this year they are 19 years old. She knew that if she wanted to get him, she had to do something about it. That’s why she came up with a plan. This year, on his birthday, Hyun Joong would realize he loves me. Hopefully…

Her plan was simple. She only had to make him jealous and hopefully he would come to a realization. After all, jealousy is a very powerful thing.

Hyun Joong was confused. After that day, So Min started hanging out with Gi Tae; a guy that Hyun Joong didn’t know exists until now. Hyun Joong didn’t like the fact that she seems so happy whenever she talks about him. So Min has also mingling much with him. Like for example, they always go home together but now, she goes home with Gi Tae. When he asks her about it, she just says that he is a good guy friend. If he is only a guy friend, then why would she go out with him on a date! They even went to the restaurant I’m working at!

“Why are you behaving like this?” Hyun Joong was pissed. So Min could see that where else she was a mixture of emotion. Excited, nervous and scared. What should I do? Is he going to confess?

“It’s none of your business, isn’t it?”

“Why? Are you jealous?” So Min tried to act nonchalant in front of Hyun Joong when she was actually dying to know. Hyun Joong could only give So Min a piercing stare with his eyes but his mind and heart ran with emotions. Am I jealous? I’m not! But I’m not, then why would I hate that Gi Tae guy? What is So Min to me that I would get jealous? Could I…..

“No”

“Then you shouldn’t bother with what I do right?”  She was hurt that he wasn’t jealous because it means that he has not realize he loves her yet but she was an optimist – she would not give up!

Finally it was Hyun Joong’s birthday! Hyun Joong, today is your birthday. Who are you celebrating it with? All day in school, she waited patiently, praying and hoping that Hyun Joong would come and ask her out. She was determined to tell him when he come that she loved him and wanted to be permanent. Even her friend Gi Tae saw he excitement and worry. He was actually worried for her because Hyun Joong might not choose her. He could see that Hyun Joong loves her too but he just doesn’t want to acknowledge it. Gi Tae is actually a nice guy. He wants So Min to have her happiness that was why he volunteered to act as he close friend-boyfriend when she needed one. He didn’t have any special feelings toward So Min because So Min is like a sister to him. Furthermore, he has a girlfriend who is perfectly fine with him acting as So Min’s friend-boyfriend because his girlfriend was actually So Min’s friend first.

“So Min, have you thought about what you are going to do if he doesn’t choose you?” Gi Tae asked.

“Nope. I know he would choose me. He has too!”

Gi Tae decided to leave the matter as it was a sensitive subject to So Min.

So Min went on a search for Hyun Joong after school ended only to find him with the new girl in their class. Her name was Lee Si Young. She was a very popular girl in her old school and her characteristics were almost like Hyun Joong – pretty (handsome), cool, popular, and somebody everybody want to be but cannot be.

“Hyun Joong, who are you celebrating your birthday with this year?” So Min was scared to know the answer because Si Young was looking very smug indeed.

“This year, Hyun Joong is celebrating his birthday with me.” Si Young replied. She knew she was being mean but she too had liked Hyun Joong from the very first time she saw him so she was happy that he chose her.

Hyun Joong knew he was feeling jealous of Gi Tae and So Min. He was worried that he was starting to have feelings for So Min so he randomly picked a girl to celebrate his birthday with him before he went and the unthinkable like asking So Min to celebrate his birthday with him. I can do this. After all, I don’t have any feelings toward So Min right? Aish!!! She should just be a friend to me! So…

Goodbye.”

Heartbroken. Rejected. Sad. Angry. Those are the emotions that So Min feels at that moment. Whatever she hoped for had been denied from her. She wanted to go after him and tell him that he belongs with her, that he should be with her and that he is blind to not see her but she felt defeated. She knew she had to give up and yet she didn’t want to. After many hours of crying, she gave Hyun Joong a call.

“Hello?”

“Ya? What do you want? I’m on a date, you know?” Hyun Joong felt really bad because he could hear that she was crying through the phone but for what, he doesn’t know but he had a feeling that it was because of what happened with Si Young.

“Happy Birthday, my present is my heart but I have decided to let you go.” With that said, So Min put down the phone. She only wanted to wish him a happy birthday but the rest came out on their own accord. Anyway, she felt that she didn’t have anything to lose since he probably didn’t have any feelings for her since he seems quite happy on his date.

Where else Hyun Joong was confused. What!?! What does she mean by her present is her heart?

Heart. Love.

Love. Heart.

Could it be that she loves me? But what does she mean that she is letting me go? Is she leaving me?

That was when Hyun Joong realized that he loves her because the thought of her being anywhere but around him arouses such a sick feeling in his gut. He looked to his left and though he knew that it was Si Young, now he could only envision So Min there. With So Min, he could be anyone he wants to be. And he knew he had to go after her because his heart was hers too.

Hyun Joong was just reaching So Min’s house when he saw Gi Tae coming out of his car. He ran to Gi Tae before Gi Tae could even properly get out of his car and shoved him inside the car again.

“You can go now and don’t come back cause So Min is mine! So…bye.” Hyun Joong then slammed the car door at Gi Tae’s face.

So Min wanted to go to bed and just bury in her sorrows when she heard the doorbell ring. Her parents were out on a holiday to Las Vegas so she was alone. She peeped through the peephole but when she saw it was Hyun Joong, she quickly ran up the stairs to her room but she could still hear Hyun Joong’s  voice.

“I know you are in there so please open up!”

“No. I don’t want to!”

“Please….”

Silence.

“Come on, So Min, please open the door. I’ve got something very important to tell you.”

“You can just say it at the door.”

“Fine!  From the very first day I met you, I knew you were irritating. What with you always blowing your nose and sneezing -”

So Min had to laugh at that. It was true. When she was young. She had some flu problem so she could never be separated from her handkerchief.

“- as we grew up, we became quite close. So, when you suddenly went out with Gi Tae the other day, it made me feel quite weird cause you never went on a date before. At that time, I didn’t know that feeling was jealousy but now I know. What I want to say is that my heart is yours too. I love you.”

So Min was shocked. She quickly ran down the stairs and opened her door.

“Do you mean it?” He didn’t need to nod for she could see it in his eyes.

“I love you, I love you, I loooooove you! I had loved you ever since we were 14.” So Min threw her arms around him and gave him a big hug.

“Then I guess there is only one problem left.” Hyun Joong said.

“What?”
“Miss Jung So Min, would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?”

“Yes!!!!”

********

Meanwhile, I Tae chuckled to himself in the car.

“Aish! These two lovers….”

He then drove off to his girlfriend’s house.

 

Olla. this a one shot i did for hyun joongs bday. hope u like it. Btw, i know i have not uploaded the next chapter for his fake girlfriend in about half a year. its coming soon. actually i have a vid for this and a trailer for his fake girlfriend but dont know whats wrong with youtube. doesnt want to upload it. will post the link when it finally uploads

 

anyway, im so tired now so bye!! :)