Final

The Bubble Made Only for Her

Dad! Daddy, play with me!"

Young, 7-year old Jieun gazed up towards her father with just the largest grin planted on her cheerful face. The blue sky was clear above the seemingly endless canopy of trees. The small forest was oddly quiet without any animals making sounds. The wind softly blew past, brushing lightly against her rosy red cheeks and ruffling her large, chocolate brown pigtails, which created the image of two brooms sprouting out from the sides of her head. "Daddy! Let's play with those bubbles again!"

Jieun's father chuckled lightly. "Oh, okay. But after this, daddy has to go to work, alright?"

The girl nodded excitedly and latched the left hand onto her father's sleeve. "Yeah! Take out the bubbles! Ple-e-ease?"

"'I am. Calm down!" He reached into his pocket and drew out a small bottle. It was in the shape of a flask the size of his thumb; in it was an opaque liquid with radiance reflected from the sun's brisk rays. They created the vast colors of the rainbow as they swirled around inside. He popped the cover off with a small, soft noise that scared off a few birds nearby. Out of a different pocked, he pulled out a twig with a small stick tied on the end in an 'o' shape.

He too careful hold of both objects and dipped the twig into the bottle, bringing it back up to his mouth and blowing softly. Out jiggled a small, translucent bubble in the shape of a sphere. It wavered lightly in the breeze until it soared too high and popped abruptly.

Jieun began to giggle quietly, which grew louder at the sight of her father's surprised expression. Her quaint laughter increased, ringing through the vast abandoned forest, crisp and clear.

A now 20-year-old Jieun was situated wordlessly on the wooden bench of the school garden. She thought of things, things that had happened so very long ago, though not all of it she remembered. She thought of all that occurred since she transferred to this school. It was struggle to recall anything before then, and her face grew tight as she concentrated harder.

One single recollection stuck out beyond the others, a lucid image of her father and her sitting on this very porch. She seemed to have a scene of him blowing bubbles for her committed to memory.

"Hey, Jieun…?"

She glanced up to see a familiar teen standing in front of her. He had a nervous look and seemed to twitch lightly as he tried to force a benign smile on his face. The black haired boy let out an uneasy laugh as he scratched the back of his head, starting to amble slowly over to Jieun.

"Hello, Yoseob," she replied monotonously as she watched him sit next to her. He fidgeted around anxiously, leaning back to accidentally bang his head onto a wall. Yoseob shot back up into a tense sitting position and rubbed the throbbing spot.

There was purely motionless silence between them for what seemed like hours to nervous stricken boy. Even the birds did nothing to make noise, and Yoseob apprehensively took that as a cue for him to say something. "I wanted to know if you enjoyed sitting in these gardens." He mentally smacked his head. Of course she liked sitting in these gardens. If she didn't than why did she always sit here?

Jieun stared blankly at the flowers as if what Yoseob had just said didn't reach her ears. She suddenly turned to face him; his reflexes making him inch back. "Yoseob, do you remember anything about your parents? Do you remember anything you liked to do together?"

Yoseob blinked confusedly, shaking his head slightly. "Well not really. I...never really met my parents so I never really...did anything with them. Heck, I don't even remember their names."

The girl smiled faintly, barely curling the corners of her lips, shocking the boy. He had never seen her smile before. "My dad had this bottle and stick. He would dip the stick in the bottle, pull it out, and blow the biggest bubbles. Whenever they popped, he would flinch and make the silliest face..." Her voice faded away as did her thoughts, and a blank expression formed once again on her face.

The boy let out a deep breath; she looked so miserable. An idea crept into his head, making his face light up excitedly. Summoning up all the courage inside of him, he stood up and presented himself in front of the girl. "Hey, Jieun! Watch this!"

She glanced up languidly, her eyes eventually catching a full view of the grinning boy in front of her. He lifted his hands to his face, placing his opposite index fingers and thumbs together, forming an 'o' with them. Yoseob whispered a few words, secretly taking out a bottle of soap, and a liquid dimly formed inside the 'o'. He breathed in the biggest breath he had ever taken. Air rushed into his lungs, filling them to the brim. He tentatively exhaled, his breath gently inflating the flimsy, thin film of liquid.

An enormous bubble emerged from between his hands, growing with every touch of his careful breath. It inched larger and larger and Jieun watched timidly in awe, completely stunned by the size of this bubble. It floated back down in Yoseob' direction and nonchalantly tapped his nose.

In the blink of an eye, the bubble ruptured, after roughly reaching the size of a beach ball. The remains of it were scattered about the Yoseob's frozen, startled face.

Jieun burst out in a quiet fit of laughter, and Yoseob blinked a few times as he struggled to regain his composure. He vaguely shook his head before joining the brown eyed girl.

Their laughs echoed through the garden, just as the girl's had all those years ago.

-------------------

Liked it? I don't know. It was more of a drabble :T

Oh Well. Comment and subscribe!