Chapter 1: Beginning?

...Loving You...

 

It was a long tiring day for Junsu. His body was exhausted, his mind was in mess. Sitting at the side of his son’s bed he the once chubby cheek lovingly; his mother has told him about the collections of incidents happen to his child when he was away for his friendly match.

 

                “Most of his school mates make fun of him. His parents are well known but none of them ever show up to his school; at least to see him scoring goals for his soccer match...”

 

                Junsu sighed in guilty; he knows he has abandoned his son too much. He fixed the comforter on the child’s body before decided to retreat to his own bedroom to call it a night when the child’s eyes fluttered open, a cold stare was revealed from his sunken eyes.

 

                “Chanyeol-ah... appa is just arrived...” Junsu said as he bends down and kissed his forehead. “Have you missed me?”

 

                ChanYeol looked away in a split second, not minding to answer his father’s question. “ChanYeol?”

 

                “You and mommy lied again.”

               

                Junsu took a deep breath, before exhaling it in a long careful breath. “I am sorry.”

 

                “My friends said there is no use playing hard when my parents are not even watching.”

 

                “ChanYeol...” Junsu tries again. “You know appa went to Japan for a soccer match...appa is not playing around, ChanYeol-ah...”

 

                “My friend’s father is also working. Why they got time to spare for their son?”

 

                The son brings his gaze and stares at his father’s eyes, and Junsu wasn’t surprised to see that his twelve years old son was developing his mother’s trait for each day had passed, and a sharp accusing glare is one of it.

 

                 “I am not a normal worker like other’s father, ChanYeoliie…” Junsu tried to reason.

 

                “Then stop being a soccer player.” The child hissed and Junsu wasn’t able to retort when his child already buried himself under the thick comforter, not wanting to continue the conversation anymore.

               

                Junsu the covered shoulder before stands up, looking down to the covered figure he slowly speak. “Congratulations for winning, ChanYeol... And appa is so sorry for not coming...”

 

*

 

                The meeting was strained from the second it started, and a same topic was bring forward for the third time already, yet the final decision is still out of reach.

 

                “We can’t afford to have two world class players in our team, Kim Jaejoong-sshi.”

 

                The said name is still focused with the pen in his hand, not bother to look at the speaking man. “Even from professional view as a coach, I think it will be a wise decision for the group if we bring another talented striker to replace Kim Junsu’s position.”

 

                “What is exactly wrong with Kim Junsu? He is already recovering from his last injury, wasn’t he? Or are you being biased, Coach Han?”

 

                “I am not.” The older man replied firmly. “Last season we need to put Junsu on the reserved bench for half of the games, and we need to admit that the other players were struggling because of him, Jaejoong-sshi.”

 

                “He brings more CF than other soccer players in the country, Coach Han. He brings us money.” Jaejoong reminded as he leans back against his chair.

 

                “But if we want to keep the trophy league again, Jaejoong-sshi...we need to do something more. Penalty win at final game is more like a pure luck.”

 

                Jaejoong couldn’t help but agree with the coach statement, and the faint sound of agreement from the majority of the shareholders wasn’t helping either.

 

                *

                The sound of cheering and a long scream of ‘goal’ later can be heard coming from his house, and Jaejoong wasn’t surprised, at all, to see his beautiful cousin was cheering in front of the T.V watching the old videos of Junsu striking goal when he is still in his glorious time few years back.

 

                “How was the game, Ri Innie?”

 

                The latter flashed a content smile before reaching for the Sprite bottle not far from her. “His son is an exact copy of him, oppa. We win the game!”

 

                Jaejoong pats his head as he congrats her before took a sit on the sofa. “Have Junsu-sshi signed the continuation contract offer?”

 

                Jaejoong raised an eyebrow at the question. “We don’t even make the decision yet.”

 

                “Why?”

 

                He scanned the beautiful face that look at him with her large curious eyes. “The shareholders want Jung Yunho.”

 

                She placed the bottle back to its place, before putting the TV off, and she slowly took a sit beside the older male. “How much will it cost to buy Jung Yunho from his old club?”

 

                “Two million. Dollar.” Ri In frowned at his statement. “Plus four million dollar per year for his salary.” He added.

 

                “It means we are making a long run profit by buying him now. And Jung Yunho is not yet at his peak; he still has many to show.” Jaejoong nodded in agreement, he was slightly amused how she has switched to a business woman Jang Ri In in just a few seconds.

 

                The girl slowly bits her thumb nail, a bad habit that appear for each time she was in deep thinking. “But we can’t simply throw Junsu away from FC Men. I wouldn’t allow it.”

 

                Jaejoong groaned in frustration as he already foresee this coming. “Ri In, the fans already start asking us why we still keeping him when we have plenty of young talented players in our academy! Ki Kwang has played striker for most of the matches, Junsu is not energetic enough for 90 minutes game anymore! He is too old for the youngsters on the field, Ri In!”

 

                Ri In abruptly stands up, and Jaejoong tilted his head a bit at the name printed on her blue jersey. ‘XIAH, 23’

 

                “I’ll talk to Uncle Kim.”

               

                “Appa is already lost interest in soccer business, that is why he passing it to me Ri In-ah.” But the girl didn’t say anything as she grabbed her car keys and stride away from her cousin.

 

***

               

                Junsu was finishing his routine exercise as he lazily walked back to his house, when he heard a commotion coming from the middle of the house. He paused at his spot when he heard his son screaming at a maid.

 

                “I am not going to school. Do you hear me or not? I am not going!!”

 

                The maid rushed to his side as she saw him standing at the hall way, worried was clearly printed on her face. “I am sorry sir. I can’t force him to get ready for school.”

 

                Junsu looked at the direction of his son who was glancing out through the window, his hand crossed in front of his chest. “It is okay, I’ll take over from here.” The maid bowed before hurried to the kitchen, leaving the father and child alone.

 

                “Why are you throwing tantrum early in the morning? You know grandmother is not feeling well these days.” Junsu softly spoke as he took a sit beside his son. “Why are you not going to school?”

 

                “For what?”

 

                “For school?” Junsu asked back as he tilted his head confusedly.

 

                “I am not going to be a laughing stock today, appa.” The young boy said as he slide down to the floor, and Junsu need to admit his son was inheriting his infamous sculpture body. “Our soccer team is going to be celebrated today; this year is the second time our school wins the first place.”

 

                “Mwoh? And you are not going to the celebration?” Junsu asked as he joined his son on the floor.

 

                “For what? Other parents will pity me for being alone, as usual. And I need to make excuse for you. I hate that.” The older male gulped the slump at his throat as he watched his son pulled up his legs and buried his face between his legs.

               

                “But you are the captain.” Junsu softly spoke after he recovered from a second without words. “You need to be with your team…”

 

                The child raised his head, his lips forming a bitter smile as he turned his head to his father’s direction. “You and mommy didn’t love me, aren’t you? Only grandmother came to the congratulatory ceremony last year, appa!” The glistening eyes didn’t left unnoticed by Junsu as he watched his son running away to his room.

 

                Checking his schedule on his I-Phone, he strides to his son’s room. “ChanYeol?” Junsu called as he pushed the door open.

 

                Guilt washed his inside when the sight of his son hugging his dolphin plushies come into his view. He carefully sits beside his son, slowly trying to pry away the plushies from his face. “Go away.”

 

                He puts a little force as the plush toy was successfully thrown away from his child. “Kim ChanYeol. Listen.”

 

                “I don’t want. I hate you and mommy.” Fresh tears escaped from the little child’s eyes.

 

                “I promised you I’ll come to the ceremony.” Junsu said as he forced his son into his arm. The little boy struggle in his father’s unusual embrace but it was quickly tamed by his father. “I promise I’ll come after I finished something on my schedule.”

 

                “See! You lie!” He pushed his father away but to no avail. “This is not something I can fix by my own, ChanYeol!” The movement slowly decreased as only the sobs sound remained. “I promise I’ll arrive before the ceremony ended. Ne?”

 

                He slowly break their connection, looking down to his son he feels his heart ripped at the sight of his son’s wet face. “If you broke the promise this time, I am not going to trust you ever again…”

 

                Junsu leaned forward and placed a kiss on his son’s crown, thankful runs his blood for his son’s forgiveness. Wiping his son’s remaining tears away, “Wait for appa ne?”

 

*

                Junsu speed up his car as he glanced over the clock on the dashboard, he prays hard so he won’t be late at the ceremony. His son and his team was scheduled to be awarded at the end of the celebration for winning the soccer game; the mother of all sport.

 

                “What is it now, TaeYeon?” He groaned as he tries to find an empty parking, a call from an ex-wife is quite disturbing at the mean time.

 

                “Tell ChanYeollie I am sorry for not attending his match, I am in Paris.”

 

                “He don’t mind” Junsu said carelessly as his eyes spotted an empty space at the side of the road. “I am busy now TaeYeon. Anything else?”

 

                “I am coming back in few days. I’ll take ChanYeol for a vacation.”

 

                “The court said any of sudden vacation needs to be considered by the guardian, which is me. I have other plan with ChanYeol next week.” Junsu ended the call without a proper goodbye as he left his car at the side of the road, not care about the possibilities of getting penalty for parking carelessly or the attention from the girls on the road who were surprised with his sudden appearance. His long legs bring him to the school field, he sighed in relief when he saw his son in the line preparing to get awarded; silently practicing his line of speech as the contingent leader.

 

                “ChanYeollie.” The child tilted his head upward and a smile quickly spread on his face when he saw his father, he was half heartedly expecting he will come. “I’ve promised you, aren’t you?”

 

                The younger boy launched himself into his father embraces, not minding his perfect hair was ruffled by his father; and most of people attention later falls on the father and child happy moment. The announcement later could be heard calling the soccer team and the son finally detached from his father. “Go son.”

 

                ChanYeol replied his father proud smile with a thankful one, as he quickly fixed his messy front clothes. Looking to his side, Chanyeol quickly gathered his team mate to get ready for the stage. “SeHun, where is Ri In songsaeng-nim?”

 

                The called boy scanned his surroundings as the group finally realized the absence of one particular person. “Who is Ri In songsaeng-nim, ChanYeol?” Junsu asked in curiosity.

               

                “Our soccer teacher.”

_+_+__+_+_+_++_+_+_+_+_+_+_++_+++__+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_++__+_+_++__+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+__+_+_+_+_

 

HELLO NEW READERS!!

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WRITE. MY WORK IS KILLING ME!!

ANYWAY, HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS STORY. ( I JUST REALIZED SUYIN HAS LESS FANS COMPARE TO MY OTHER YUNYIN STORIES T.T)

DONT GET CONFUSED YET, ENJOY THE DRAMA!! 

^^