하나 || The Sprout of a Lie

The Clandestine

 

Entry number one;; The Sprout of a Lie
listen while reading: Baby Steps

 

This is a story about me, Jung Hye Jin. If you think that all relationships have a happy ending, think again. Well, that was what I thought of at first but not anymore. The life of being single is perfectly fine if you ask me. Curious yet? Now, let me bring you back to the year of 2011, March 20th. The day when the sprout of a lie occurred. Even if I get brainwashed one day, that memory would never be washed away. NEVER.

 


 

"Miss! Give me a Tiramisu cake and an Egg Tart please!"

The voice belonged to a girl with long raven black hair whose eyes were so bright it seemed to sparkle in the dark, yes, just like the stars. Under those shining eyes was thick eye bags which clearly shows that she's not a good sleeper. Since she had fair skin, a few freckles were visible on her face. She didn't look  attractive neither did she appear to be really ugly. Jung Hye Jin was just a normal girl. So normal that people won't even notice that she existed at times.

Tapping her fingers on the counter impatiently, Hye Jin whistled a song to herself as she waited for her breakfast. The barista carefully packed her orders in a brown paper bag then passed it to Hye Jin. She paid the barista, grabbed the paper bag and skipped out of the Coffee Shop.

She ripped open the paper bag and took out an Egg Tart. "Mmm, they made it extra crunchy today," Hye Jin grinned as she started munching on the delicious-looking tart.

In a minute, the Egg Tart was gone. her lips, she pulled out the Tiramisu cake then threw the paper bag in the bin. Just as she was about to put the cake into , Hye Jin accidentally bumped into someone and the cake flew out of her hands and stained the stranger's jacket. Shoot.

 "M-my Tiramisu cake!" She shouted desperately as she stared at the cake that was now nothing but a clump of brown cream.

Angrily, she lifted her head and gave the stranger a death stare, "Yah! Watch where you're going mister; you just made me lose my breakfast!"

The stranger didn't even bother to look at her. He just rolled his eyes and walked over the mess she had just created.

Hye Jin jumped to her feet, pulled the stranger by his jacket and exclaimed, "I demand you to pay me back my cake right now! And when I say now, I mean now!"

That was his limit. First, he shrugged his shoulders to get her hand off his jacket. Then, he turned around and examined her from head to toe. "Aggressive much?"

Just when she was about to say another word, the guy continued, "Miss, don't you think you're over-reacting a bit? It's just a piece of cake, plus, you should be thankful that I didn't blame you for dirtying my jacket. But being the nice person I am, I'm just going to let this off."

With that, he gave her a smirk and walked away.

Hye Jin stood there with hanging open. No one had ever dared to talk to her that way. Well, at least this mysterious stranger did.

Clenching her first, Hye Jin said to herself, "You better run as far as you can Mr. I'm-so-nice-I'm-going-to-let-you-off because if I see you again, you're going down."

***

"Where is she?" He wondered as he bit his lower lip.

It was Park Chanyeol. He was known as the Happy Virus to everyone due to his famous dorky smile. Chanyeol may not be one of the most famous guys in school but there  are quite a few girls who had a major crush on him. Too bad, he already had someone else on his mind. That certain someone is no other than his classmate, Jung Hye Jin.

They met during the first day of school and got attracted to her when he saw her helping out a hurt kitten. Many people in class dislike Hye Jin for being too honest but it was the opposite for Chanyeol. Deep in his heart, Chanyeol knew that it was just a barrier.

Just then, a girl came rushing into the school gate. She didn't say anything but her expressions obviously showed that she was in a terrible mood.

"Hye Jin-ah! Wait for me!" shouted Chanyeol from behind.

She immediately knew who was shouting her name. There's only one person who would patiently wait for her at the front gate everyday, notice when she's sad, feel happy for her when she's happy. Even though they didn't know each other for a very long time, Chanyeol was always there for her.

Stopping her footsteps, Hye Jin turned around to see Chanyeol panting. That sight just made her laugh. "You always manage to make me happy," she thought. Sure, she had no problems telling people about her opinions but expressing her true feelings was something she couldn't do.

"Yah, what's so funny?" He looked up and grinned at her, "tell me so that I can laugh with you too."

"It's you, pabo!" She answered in a teasing tone.

Puzzled, Chanyeol scratched his head and said, "What's so funny about me? I know you think I'm handsome, right?"

Hye Jin just laughed and shook her head. "Nevermind about all these talks handsome guy, we're going to be late for class."

"You just called me handsome guy!" Chanyeol exclaimed excitedly as he grabbed her hands and ran to the classroom.

I wish I could hold your hands like that forever.


  author's corner: so that's the first chapter! c: nothing much since I just wanted to introduce you guys to the characters of this story, more drama will occur in the next chapter so stay tuned. ^^;; comments are loved and highly appreciated. I see a lot of Chanyeol fans here. c: to all readers, thankyou! saranghae!