Chapter 1

The Beautiful Demons

[In The Resistance's HQ]

"We're gonna be okay. Yul, we're gonna be okay. Don't get angry. It's gonna be okay. We'll get out of this I promise," the brunette tried reassuring Yuri before she went out of control. Alas, her efforts were fruitless. Yuri started breathing heavily.

*Oh crap* the brunette mentally exclaimed. Yuri's hands started glowing. The glow was lime green. *Phew. That's not that bad*

Yuri started growing gradually. Eventually, she was twice her previous size. She grabbed a hold of the Ice Princess's wrist. Jessica tried to wiggle her way out, however, Yuri just tightened her hold.

"Stop Yuri... You're crushing my arm..." Jessica cried in pain. Without a single word, Yuri grabbed Jessica's ankle with her other hand. She started pulling the two opposite sides

Jessica, once again, shrieked with pain. Yes, she had powers too. But there was no way she'd dare to hit Yuri. She was, afterall, Jessica's other half. Perhaps also partly because of fearing the Yuri in this state.

Out of nowhere, a ray of light struck Yuri's chest. "GRHH," Yuri growled with anger. Tracing the light to the source, a short blonde stood proud.

"Taengoo yah... Phew," Jessica heaved a sigh of relief. As Hulk-Yuri approached Taeyeon, Taeyeon charged a fire blast at Yuri, this time at her legs. Before Yuri could retaliate, Taeyeon imprisoned Yuri in a water prison. Taeyeon then walked behind Yuri. Placing her hands on Yuri's right shoulder, her hands glowed with fire. Yuri grew back to her size, her hands not glowing anymore.

When Yuri finally collapsed, Taeyeon shoved her up a wall. She took a few steps back and shot a waterball at Yuri, only to have it frozen halfway. "YAH! Taeyeon, what're you going to do?" Jessica shouted at Taeyeon. "Hit her, what else?" Jessica's right eye twitched, "Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" she shouted.

Blood surged through Taeyeon's veins. "Ayy, you're too noisy, Sooyeon," she sighed. She charged a fire blast at Yuri. Jessica was only able to freeze Water, so if she uses Fire, Jessica can't do anything. "YAH! Don't ignore me Taeyeon!" Jessica was about to charge forward and protect her lover, but Taeyeon made invisible chains. *Wind, . I can't do anything* the brunette once again thought.

Yuri got hit head on. Taeyeon smirked as she released Jessica from the chains. Seeing Jessica walk to Yuri and holding her lovingly, Taeyeon felt a pain strike her heart. *What's wrong with me... I'm not supposed to feel... Not at all* Taeyeon shook those thoughts out of her head. All of a sudden, she remembered the meeting between her and the brunette.

"Taeyeon-sshi, meet your manager, Jessica Jung. She'll be in charge of all your meetings and stuff," the company worker said. "Ah, whatever," I waved him away. "So... R&B singer huh?" the brunette said. "Yeah, got a problem?"

"Fiesty." Jessica smirked. "Oh, and smile, will you? I'm telling you this as a friend, not a manager or anything." It was Taeyeon's turn to smirk. "Okay, we'll have to get one thing clear. Friends don't exist to me. This thing between us is just being colleagues. So don't think too much about it. And I will smile when I want to, so don't tell me what to do."

*I'll make sure I become your friend though, Kim Taeyeon* the brunette grinned to herself.

Taeyeon smiled slightly, then remembered that the girl wasn't there anyway. She shook her head. *You told me to smile. Here I am finally smiling, but you're over there* she thought, but got scared of herself. "How can I think of those things..." she walked away quickly. When she was walking, she suddenly tripped over a wire. Another memory got triggered.

Just as Taeyeon was about to trip, someone supported her. She looked up and saw her manager. "Thanks, Sooyeon-sshi," Jessica asked Taeyeon to call her Sooyeon, but Taeyeon, being the girl she is, called Jessica more formally. 

"Yah. I told you to call me Sooyeon, Taeyeon," Jessica said. Yes, Taeyeon allowed Jessica to just call her Taeyeon. It was something Taeyeon rarely did. So why did she do it? Taeyeon looked at her and sighed, "Stop bothering me."

"YAH! You should be happy I'm even allowing you to call me that! I'm already trying to change my personality to fit a manager alright?! EISH!" she kicked the chair nearby.  Taeyeon just walked away. "YAH YOU! COME BACK!" Jessica pulled her back. 

"Ice Princess..." Taeyeon let out a small laugh, still lying on the ground. "Now she really is one... with an Ice.. Hulk?" Taeyeon sighed again, visualising Yuri and Jessica together again. *What's wrong with me...* she stood up and walked to another practice room. *Why did I even get these powers? Everything would've been better without them.* she thought. She stretched her hand out, palm facing the ceiling. A light ball glowed.

The R&B singer woke up to two humans with wings. "What the..." Taeyeon was shocked. Definitely. Who wouldn't be shocked to see two angels. "Gyul! She's awake!" The angel looking at the mirror just nodded. "Yah unnie! I don't know what to do!" The mirror girl sighed and turned around and hit the other on the head. "Yah Seungyeon, stop calling me unnie! We're the same age for god's sake! And regarding this girl..." she waved her hands.

"There's this other realm full of monsters that are using portals to try and take over this realm, so our master gave powers to people with potential and blah blah blah. There are others with powers too, so you're not the only one. About your powers, well, we were told that we couldn't tell you that so we're not going to," the older one said. The other red haired girl told Taeyeon, "Ignore her attitude. She's too full of herself," she smiled.

"YAH! HAN SEUNGYEON, don't give her a bad impression of me." Taeyeon was just blank, then she said, "Nah, actually I had a bad impression of you from the start. Looking at the mirror." Gyuri growled, "Yah! This kid dares to!"

Seungyeon shook her head, "Gyuri yah..." The older girl still looked angry, but didn't try to do anything. "Well, I guess your reaction is better than your manager..." Taeyeon's brain awoken. "Jessica? She's like me too?" Gyuri shrugged, "Yeah. How do you even stand her? She let out a high pitched dolphin scream when we told her." Taeyeon chuckled.

"So, Seungyeon and Gyuri, what am I supposed to do?" Taeyeon asked. "Well, since you're the one with the supreme powers, you're the leader of the weird individuals. First, you're supposed to persuade them to fight monsters. Alongside you or not, you choose," Seungyeon said, while Gyuri went back to her mirror.

"Now that I think about it, Seungyeon was really cute," Taeyeon muttered to herself. She released her light ball to the wall furthest from her. It left a dent. "Just a dent?" Taeyeon shook her head. "Ah well." Taeyeon turned all the lights in the room off, then slept on the floor. 

[On The Other Side]

"Yuri, you okay?" Jessica asked. Yuri nodded her head. "Hey, I'm going to find Taeyeon." Jessica shook her head, "Wait, I'll go with you. She might hurt you or..." Yuri smiled, "I can turn into beast mode anytime." Jessica sighed, letting Yuri go. 

*Stupid Kim Taeyeon, I thought you changed!* Jessica thought. 

Meanwhile, Yuri walked into the pitch dark training room. She turned the lights on, seeing the petite body on the floor. Upon sensing the lights, Taeyeon shot up. "Oh Yuri, it's just you..." Taeyeon sat up. "So, what's up?" Yuri sat beside her. "Yoona said there'll be another wave of monsters tomorrow," Yuri said.

Taeyeon nodded, "Level?" Yuri checked her phone, "Tier 3 probably," she said, looking at Taeyeon for the plan. "You should be able to handle them alone right?" Yuri nodded, "But I'm afraid I'll hurt Jessica in that mode."

Taeyeon looked at Yuri. "Then make sure you don't. You're her girlfriend. Protect her instead of hurt her. If you hurt her even one bit... prepare to fight me." Taeyeon went back to the position she was in before Yuri came in and shut her eyes. "You... you like Jessica huh?" Yuri asked. 

Taeyeon's eyes fluttered open. "No, why would I like my fr--manager like that?" Yuri sighed, "Why do you still not call us your friends?" Taeyeon scoffed, "Friends don't matter. They come and go. Get close to them, get betrayed by them. I don't believe in such things, Yuri." 

Yuri sighed and shook her head, "By the way Taeyeon, as your... colleague, can I ask you one question?" Taeyeon just nodded. "Your powers... They aren't simply using elements are they?" Taeyeon shrugged, "I don't know really. The angels assigned to me wouldn't even tell me. When I asked them again, they said controlling elements is one of them."

"One of them? You really are the strongest, Taeyeon," Yuri said, then smiled, "I wonder how those two are doing anyway... They seemed nice." Taeyeon looked at Yuri, "Who? Seungyeon and Gyuri?" Yuri nodded. "I bet that Gyuri is just looking into the mirror. Seungyeon might be doing something useful though. Do they stalk us?" 

-FLASH-

"Yes, we do 'stalk' you. Though we prefer it to be called looking over you. No, I do not just look at the mirror!" Gyuri appeared in front of Taeyeon and Yuri. Seungyeon revealed herself slightly later. Holding her stomach and laughing, she laughed, "GYURI AH! I told you I wasn't the only one who thought that's all you do! Oh, by the way, Taeyeon, thanks for your previous compliment about me!"

"What compliment?" Taeyeon asked. "That I'm cute," Seungyeon smiled. Now Gyuri was laughing, "Taeyeon-sshi, are you blind or something? Seungyeon is far from cute!" Seungyeon glared at Gyuri. Yuri was just there, looking confused. 

"Whatever, Gyuri. Just go and make out with Sunghee or something," Seungyeon said. *Was that just jealousy I heard in Seungyeon's tone?* Taeyeon thought. *Yes it is, Taeyeon sshi* a voice replied. "WAIT WHAT. YOU GUYS CAN SPEAK IN MY HEAD?!" Taeyeon asked frantically. *Does that mean they know that I like Sooye--Jessica?* Seungyeon nodded, "Each of us was assigned to one of you. It just so happens I was assigned to you, Taeyeon, and yes, I do know of that," she grinned.

"Tell anyone and I'll tell her that you're in love with her!" Taeyeon laughed at Seungyeon's face, which portrayed the message not to tell. Yuri then spoke, "So who is my angel?" Gyuri raised her hand, "That would be me." Yuri sighed, thinking *Great. I got the self absorbed one..* "I'm not self-absorbed. I'd like to call it being happy with what I have," Gyuri said cooly. Taeyeon laughed, speaking to Seungyeon in her head, *What do you even like about that goddess?*

Seungyeon laughed, "EVERYTHING!" Taeyeon followed suit and laughed along with Seungyeon. "What, are you guys leaving me out of your conversation?!" Gyuri asked. Taeyeon grinned, already thinking of framing Seungyeon. Before she could do that, however, Seungyeon placed her palm on Taeyeon's mouth. *You tell her about that and I'll tell Yuri about Jessica!* Seungyeon spoke in her head. Taeyeon laughed, happy at Seungyeon's reaction.

Taeyeon stopped laughing and asked, "Hey, do you guys actually have powers?" Gyuri nodded, "I have beauty powers," she said arrogantly. Seungyeon sighed, "Yes we do. I sing. That's my power. I'm guessing that I was assigned to you because of that very fact." Taeyeon nodded.

"What is Gyuri's power?" Yuri asked. "Like she said, hers is really beauty powers," Seungyeon replied. "WHAT?!" Taeyeon and Yuri said together. Gyuri shrugged, "What can I say, I'm amazing like that," she said, taking out her mirror. Seungyeon unknowingly smiled at Gyuri. Unfortunately, Taeyeon saw it. 

Gyuri then snapped out of her trance while looking at herself in the mirror. "Anyways, you can always call us for help if you need us," Gyuri and Seungyeon both said, fading away slowly. "WAIT! Can you give me a list of the talents and their guardians?" A piece of paper appeared in Taeyeon's palm. 

On the paper was: 

Kim Taeyeon > Han Seungyeon [Voice]

Jung Sooyeon > Jung Soojung [Fire]

Lee Soonkyu > Jo Mi Hye [Intelligence]

Hwang Miyoung > Kim Sunghee [Fire]

Kim Hyoyeon > Jung Nicole [Dance]

Kwon Yuri > Park Gyuri [Outlooks BEAUTY]

Choi Sooyoung > Luna [Earth]

Im Yoona > Goo Hara [FUTURE INSIGHT]

Seo Juhyun > Kang Jiyoung [Persuasion]

??? > Victoria [???]

*Question mark? What's that supposed to mean...* Taeyeon thought, *And was that beauty thing changed by your girlfriend, Seungyeon?* She heard Seungyeon's voice again *She's NOT my girlfriend! She's Sunghee's!* Taeyeon laughed. Yuri stood beside her, asking, "Seungyeon is talking to you?" Taeyeon nodded, smiling. Without them knowing, a figure stood at the door. *I'm glad Taeyeon's smiling. It's about time."

"Yuri yah! You're okay right?" Jessica walked in, hugging Yuri. Taeyeon just stood at the side awkwardly, before walking out. On the way out, however, Jessica called her name. "Taeyeon ah..." Taeyeon turned back. "I'm glad you're finally smiling." 

With that, Taeyeon's heart fluttered as she went to Sunny's room. "SOONKYUUUU~" Taeyeon hated calling people her "friends" but Soonkyu was different. They were shorty friends from young, the only one that she hadn't lost trust in. Sunny was on the computer, yet again. She was always on the computer. If not, on her NDS or phone. "What's up, Taengoo?"

"We need a plan to find these people," Taeyeon showed Sunny the paper. Sunny turned from her computer and took a pen to strike off the people they already found. "Hwang Miyoung, Kim Hyoyeon, Choi Sooyoung and Seo Juhyun and the question mark. It'll be easy to find the four people's profiles online. The question mark, however, will be relatively harder. We have no idea on the angel's powers, nor the name..." Sunny shook her head, "Anyway, the angel's powers are roughly related to the talents." 

Sunny faced her computer again. "Hwang Miyoung might be an ice user. Her angel has the same powers at Jessica's. Kim Hyoyeon is simple. She's a dance teacher in Incheon. Choi Sooyoung sounds like an elemental user, it'll also be easy to spot her. Seo Juhyun should be a persuasion user... I can find out more about their jobs online. So give me a second," Sunny said quickly.

Taeyeon shook her head in amazement, "This is why we need someone like you on our team." After a few, Sunny came out with all the profiles of the different people.

[Hwang Miyoung (23): A highly talented ice skater. Birthday is 1st August. Usually goes to places with nature. Has been seen at ice skating rinks that come from nowhere.]

[Kim Hyoyeon (23): Dance teacher at Incheon Dance Studio. Birthday September 22. Goes to dance studios apart from her own and always seen dancing at The Vengeance Club.]

[Choi Sooyoung (22): Baker at Choi's Bakery and a shareholder of the place. Birthday February 10. Goes to restaurants and eats meals, tasting different food each time. Also bakes for rich family's parties and functions.]

[Seo Juhyun (21): Professional lawyer from the wealthy Seo family. Birthday June 28th. Seen mostly at libraries and the law firms. Has also been seen at the Science centre.]

"I'm afraid I won't be able to find the question mark one though. It's pretty hard to find just using an angel's name," Sunny gave Taeyeon the list. Taeyeon nodded, "Thanks, Soonkyu. Oh, and help me thank Miryo too." Taeyeon walked out of the room and to Yoona's room this time. 

It was pitch black. Taeyeon the lights. "Yoong, you okay?" she asked Yoona. Yoona sat up, flinching as her shoulder accidentally hit the bed frame. "I'm fully recovered, I'm sure!" she tried being cheerful, even though her shoulder hurt like hell.

"Yeah right. Says the girl who can barely move her shoulder," Taeyeon shook her head. Im Yoona, 22 years old. She was one of the first few talents that were willing to fight alongside Taeyeon. While they might not be as bonded as Taeyeon and Sunny are, they are no doubt close.

Yoona looked down, "Why'd you come in anyways? Is it regarding the new talents?" Taeyeon nodded, "There are 5 of us. You, which is bedridden due to your awesome protecting of the girl that you obviously love even though she is way stronger than you. Soonkyu, which doesn't like to battle. Jessica, who's probably too busy making out with Yuri. And Yuri doing the same. Yuri told me that you said there'll be an attack tomorrow. So, of course, Yuri will be able to handle them. I'm thinking of starting the talent hunt next week if possible."

Yoona nodded at the commands of her leader. "Sadly, I'd be stuck here, trying to see into the future as much as I could." Taeyeon shook her head, "That's the other point. You're not just going to sit here and do nothing," she said. Yoona's eyes widened. "I get to do something? Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you Taeyeon unnie!" Taeyeon laughed at Yoona's excitement. "But no fighting. Anymore fighting and I'll make sure you stay in this bed for as long as I'm alive." 

Yoona nodded eagerly, "What do I do then, unnie?" Taeyeon spoke, "Seo Juhyun," Taeyeon handed her Seohyun's profile, "A lawyer and a rich kid. You should be able to handle that no problem, right?" Yoona whined upon seeing  her profile. "A LIBRARY?! THE SCIENCE CENTRE?! A LAWYER?! UNNIE, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!"

While her outburst was going on, she was thinking, *Seo Juhyun. That name is... Could it be...* She started chuckling. "Are you okay, Yoong? Has that injury gone to your head?" Yoona shook her head excitedly, "You know what, unnie? I'll have fun finding this Juhyun kid." *Even if she's not the Juhyun I know* Taeyeon laughed, "That's the Im Trickster I know!" Yoona laughed, "Unnie, I want to rest now. See you later!" Yoona waved goodbye to Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon then walked around and finally ended up at her room. "Seungyeon-sshi, can we talk? Like just normally talk?" she told no one in particular. "Of course, Taeyeonnie." Seungyeon appeared, "And call me Seungyeon unnie or Seungyeon. Whatever fits your plate."

Taeyeon then asked, "What's my powers? I've been dying to know them!" Seungyeon chuckled, "I'm really not supposed to tell you, but seeing as Gyuri is too busy making out with Sunghee, even though the two talents haven't even met, I'll give you a hint." Taeyeon sighed, "Just spit it out. I don't want to hear jealous outbursts." Seungyeon turned around, "Hmph, then I won't tell you anything!" Taeyeon shook her head, "Yah, just tell me."

"Have you ever seen someone do something, then later find out you could do the same just by looking at it?" Taeyeon contemplated for a while, then spoke, "Well, there have been those incidents. Why?" Seungyeon smiled cheekily, "That's all I can say. Bye!" With that, she flashed out.

"That sentence... Could it be...." 

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Author's POV : 

As you can see, I am a fairly new author. As such, I'm deeply sorry if I have disappointed you. 

I'd like very much to hear comments and most possibly cristism.

Also, if I have made any errors, do point them out to me so that I could correct it. 

Thank you.