Letting You Down...

Being With Me Is A Mistake

 

I found out everything from a friend I knew. She was very close to me. She confessed everything and I didn’t know how much he liked me. I never knew even though we’re always together. He’s someone I just met. I’m actually new here and I just knew a childhood friend. She knew the guy a lot and was very close to him. I didn’t change the way I treat him. We became closer to each other as days and months passed by. But one day, things changed between us. When the class ended, he came towards me and looked straight into my eyes. He looked serious and I gave him a questionable look but I smiled after.

“I like you,” the words came out from his mouth.

I looked at him disbelievingly and just chuckled. I didn’t take his words seriously.

“That’s funny,” I said and slung my bag to my shoulder.

I went out of the room like nothing happened. But as the morning came, and I reached my classroom, I saw a letter written for me at the board and things changed.

It surprised me when I saw what was written on that board. It stabbed my heart. I felt the pain and hurt. It almost tears me apart. Tears almost fall from my eyes.

As I turned around, I saw my classmates looking at me. I could feel their hatred towards me already. I suddenly bowed my head while heading towards my seat.

“”Mwoga?” I heard him spoke as I stopped from walking.

I turned around to see if it was really him. He was shocked about what he had seen on the board.

“It’s true you know,” my childhood friend said, the one that’s close to him. “What’s written on that board is true.”

I thought she was my friend. I thought that she would be there for me. I guess I’m just hallucinating. Everything is just an illusion.

“Did you plan this?” he asked my childhood friend.

“Yes I did. So that the whole student would know everything about her, about how she manipulates people,” she smirked as she looked at me.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked.

Looking into his eyes, I could see the hurt. He cared about me and I know that but I can't deny the fact that my childhood friend would stab me from my back.

“I’m doing this so you can open your eyes! For you to see who she really is. She’s not what you think she is Taemin! She might be the last person you’ll ever care for,” she smiled like she even liked saying it.

“She’s right you know,” I suddenly spoke and looked at him. “Being with me is a mistake.”

I pretended that everything she said was true. It hurts me inside but I know that I have to bear with it.

I normally walked out of the room like I didn’t even care about what my childhood friend had done.

“Thanks for doing it for me, Sulli,” I smiled at her before leaving the room.

“Brielle…” I heard Taemin said my name…

Telling me that he likes me is the happiest thing that a guy could do for me before leaving who I am…