Rise and Fall

Megalomania.

Suzy's head was slightly tilted upwards as she made her way down the large hill. She often took sideways glances to see girls throwing her stares or boys with their mouths hanging open. She felt satisfied when she knew she was the object of the boys' desires. But on the other hand...

Psh. Them girls think they can stare me down? Let me show you how it's done. Once I look at you, you'd wish you didn't have eyes. Suzy thought to herself whilst simultaneously shooting daggers out of her eyes at girls who needed to fall back into line. Once Suzy saw that the girls felt threatened and started to retreat, she started to snigger at how easy it was to manipulate them.

Suzy sighed. "They're all SO easy. Sometimes I wish I had bigger prey..."

"Hm, but be careful what you wish for, don't fish for more than you can catch." Fei briefly warned.

Suzy turned around to face Fei, breaking the linked arms, displeasure obviously written on her face. "What is that supposed to mean Wang Fei Fei? Are you underestimating my power?"

Fei mocked an excuse, hoping that that would be able to pass for now. She didn't need an argument this early in the morning. "Suji, why would I do such a useless thing? I'm just simply stating that you should pace yourself. What's the point of catching them all? You're just going to run out of fish."

There were a few moments of silence before Suzy sighed tiredly. "Okay Fei, I trust you. Just stop with the fish metaphors though, it's kind of disturbing." She relinked her arms with Fei before walking to their lockers.

Suzy had stuck a huge crown on her locker, to highlight her position as queenka and had stuck gems around the crown but inside the locker it was a contrast to the outside. It was bare with only a few textbooks laying around. The only noticeable thing was a small box at the very end of the locker which Fei never saw Suzy open. Fei had always wondered what was inside the box but she knew that it was probably personal to Suzy and she knew that personal meant a no-go zone.

School was a kind of haven for Suzy. She didn't like to think of it that way but Fei knew better. Suzy felt in control at school whereas at home, it might be better to climb into a box and stay there. She barely spoke of home to Fei, or of anything personal for that matter. Suzy had castle walls built all around her. She had locked her soul away from her body. Her hunger for power had ruled over her heart. She never let anyone in. Suzy knew how easy it was for someone to slip past her defenses and break her down from the inside out. That is why she had strengthened her barriers. She wasn't going to fall for the same tricks again. Even Fei wasn't let in, but even from staring outside the castle, she knew what was going on with Suzy, it wasn't that hard to figure it out. Fei knew Suzy needed a hero. She needed her own personal Prince Charming or Superman. But she also knew that Suzy couldn't realise how much she needed one either. Suzy felt content with what she had. Go home and survive hell, come to school and feel like a queen. In some skewed way, Suzy felt like it was balanced. She didn't need anything more. Fei could see that in theory, it was balanced but she could also see that somewhere down the tunnel, something was going to cave in and come crashing down. Suzy was walking a tightrope with the confidence that she would be able to hang on forever.

But what IF she fell down? No one was going to catch her. The fool probably believed that she could save herself. Coat herself in lies and believe it would cushion the fall. Pabo, Fei thought to herself. Those lies would just vanish like a cloud and Suzy would just hit the ground like rain.