One

Somewhere in that Kiss

 

Maybe once was not enough after all as Krystal decides to move their relationship into another level. It was something she never expected because after all, she had never seen herself to be in this kind of situation. But perhaps today was different as she kisses him passionately.

               His lips were not as soft and plump as hers but Krystal decided that it was the best lips that she had ever kissed. The way it moves against hers, it was in sync. The way it fitted with hers, it was so perfect that she couldn’t describe it.

               She swings her arms around his neck, making the kiss deeper and more passionate. It was so unbelievable for her to crave for something like this.

               Because after all, Minho is her best friend and best friends do not kiss like how lovers should.

               But Krystal was too preoccupied with many thoughts that she couldn’t get out of her mind. She wouldn’t like to believe what Minho had just told her. She didn’t want any of those things to happen.

               She didn't want him to leave her to go study in the other side of the globe. All she wanted was for him to stay beside her, even if that meant they would see each other as friends only. Even though she knows that it will only make her to feel bad.

               As soon as oxygen became a necessity between the both of them, Krystal hesitantly pulls away and looks down at her feet. Her hands palming his chest to search for his heartbeat, because she wanted to know if his heart was beating as hard as hers, as loud as hers, as crazy as hers.

               But Krystal couldn’t find it.

               Silence was ensued between them and even how much Krystal wanted to break it, she couldn’t. Because she is afraid to hear what would Minho say. She is too scared to hear rejection to pass from his lips that she just kissed. She is too afraid for confrontations and revelations.

               “This is crazy,” she hears him say and Krystal swears that her heart is slowly tearing up to two. And anytime soon, it would start bleeding profusely.

               She remains silent while trying to stop the forming tears in her eyes to spill.

               Never did she expect this to happen, for her to fall for Minho. The boy that stood beside her all the time, the one that helped her get up whenever she trips, the one that bravely protected her from anything that could considered as dangerous, and the boy who had effortlessly made her happy all the time.

               She was dumb, she could tell just by realizing that for the whole time, her heart is only beating for him silently yet strongly.

               Krystal bits her lip as she pushes Minho away, instantly losing the proximity between them but Minho pulls her close instantly, making no gaps once again.

               His arms were tightly holding her figure, silently telling her not to pull away this time because he doesn’t have any plans to let her go that easily.

               “Minho, I know you’re mad. I’m sorry,” she tells him weakly against his chest and Minho wanted to yell, to scream for everyone to hear that he isn’t mad.

               Because if he is, it would only mean one thing: he is going crazy with what just happened.

               “No,” he tells her and this time, Krystal couldn’t stop her tears to roll down. There’s no way that she couldn’t stop her weak self to feel so helpless this time.

               “I didn’t mean to kiss you.”

               It’s as if the time had stopped as Minho could no longer hear his heart beating. It is foolish. It is a lie. And Minho didn’t want to believe what she just said.

               Because, actions speaks louder than words.

               In a swift moment, Minho holds her chin up and tilts her head to the side. And as soon as he could feel her breath against him, Minho presses his lips against hers.

               The kiss was rough and hard as Minho tries to tell her, to convince her this time that ‘No, I’m not mad because you kissed me. Rather, I’m madly happy.’

               Seeing that she couldn’t break free, Krystal surrenders to the kiss. But it was not out of her will, because she likes it, she loves it.

               And somewhere in that kiss, Krystal finds the three words that she never heard from Minho vocally. But she is positive that Minho means it, that he is not mad at her.

               Maybe being more than best friends was possible after all.