FINAL

My First and Last

 

       It was 2 in the morning, I can’t help myself thinking about it. What did I do? Why did you do this to me? I asked to myself as I was sitting on the boardwalk bench where we used to be, with a view of the sea without the moon. Holding a picture of us, I tried to remember what happened.

       I was just finished my shooting for a new video and decided to take a stroll around this boardwalk. I saw you were sitting alone on the bench with a sad face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked

You didn’t respond, you were still crying. I don’t know what made you sad, apparently you were sad because of your very rough day. After you told me what happened I tried to comfort you.

“If you have anything to say, I’ll be here. We can meet here” I said

You smiled and gave me your number. I loved how you smile which brightened up my day.

“Here’s my number. Maybe we can meet here again, right?” you smiled

“Ne..” I replied

       On your birthday, I came in with a bouquet of flowers.

“Happy birthday sweetie. Will you be mine?” I asked

You smiled widely and leaped into my arms. I hugged you tightly while your hair. It was the best day of my life. Then we started to grow closer. We had a lot of good times, I remembered when I was eating my favorite Pocky while I didn’t realize you were biting from the other end which made us kissed accidentally.

“I’m really sorry about that” You apologized

“You didn’t do anything wrong” I answered then I continued to press my lips on yours. I know it’s awkward but what the heck.. The most memorable part was when we went to Namsan Locks. You told me it was your dream to come here with me. Then we made a pinky promise.

“I promise that we’ll always be together no matter what happens” we said in unison. If I had to name what made me love you in the first place it would be your smile, looks, …everything.  

              Until one day everything changed. We were at the same bench where we always meet each other, suddenly a man came towards us with an upset face.

“How could you do this? I thought we were together!” That man yelled

“I can explain…” You calmly replied. I was speechless. You should’ve told me in the first place! After all the things I’ve done for you, I didn’t know that this was happening. Later we argued all night long on the phone. We went into a deep sea of anger.

Suddenly it turned into silence. And that’s it, that’s the end of us… We’re through! After the call I regretted what I’ve done. Although I told her to just leave me alone, inside I was crying hoping you back.

“I’m sorry” I said to myself as a tear ran down to my face and landed on our photo. Afterwards I placed a single flower on the bench while I walked away from it, to where ever my feet  takes me to.

 You were the one who always mean to me, if only I could turn back time . I’m really sorry for being such a selfish jerk , sadly I didn’t get the chance to say that since you were the girl of my dreams who only remains just a dream in my mind.  You were no ordinary girl, you will always be my first and last love.

END