"It's a constant battle. A war between remembering and forgetting."

eternally yours

 

If there was an antidote for broken hearts, she would gladly take it.

 

If there was a cure for this unseen pain, she would consume it.

 

If there was an escape for this endless misery, she would run for it.

 

If there was a hole she could jump into just so she wouldn’t have to see him anymore, she would readily bury herself in without any reluctance.

 

Because the pain is overwhelming her. Because the memories are taking control over her mind. Because the truth is always hard to swallow. Because fairytales do not always have a happy ending.

 

And also because, her future is completely bleak without him inside it.

 

If there was a potion that could take away her memories of him, she’d asked for them to be washed away quickly. She wants to forget him, she has to forget him.

 

Even though deep down she knows, no matter how empty her mind might be, her heart will always remember his kind eyes. Her heart can always point out his sharp freckled nose, even with her eyes close. Her heart knows how his thin soft lips would look like when they’re curved upwardly, or how they’re parted slightly when they’re just about to kiss hers.

 

Her heart has memorised every single inch of his perfect, sculptured face – even the little freckles on his nose which she counts on the nights she has trouble falling asleep.

 

The heart works wonders, in ways that not even the mind can fathom.

 

A heart, in whole or pieces, is still capable of love, and thus she knows – even if amnesia was a solution, she can never run away from him.

 

It's a constant battle. A war between remembering and forgetting.