Love, Hate, and Regret

The Revenge of A Lover

Infinite was eating in the small dining room of their dorm. “Hyung...” Sungyeol began. “Hmm?” Sunggyu asked. “I’m so sorry.” Sungyeol pouted. “What—why?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “It’s only ramyun...” Sungyeol bit his lower lip. “Hey, come on, I don’t care, yeol. It’s food.” Sunggyu chuckled. Sungyeol brightened up with a smile.

After a few minutes of silence, Sungjong spoke up, “Hyung, I’m bored!” He tugged Hoya’s arm. Hoya rolled his eyes. “Alright, alright. We’ll play monopoly later.” He stated. “No not that! I’m already getting bored of monopoly...” Sungjong whined. Then IT hit Sunggyu, “You’re not talking about that aren’t you, maknae?” he narrowed his eyes. “Let’s escape.” Myungsoo began. “My Myung’s right.” Sungyeol grinned and patted Myungsoo’s back. Myungsoo grinned back. Dongwoo gagged in disgust. Woohyun raised an eyebrow, “What about our managers?” He asked.

Everyone then stopped moving. Their eyes went to look up on the ceiling. “Because of them I can’t live a good life.” Hoya rolled his eyes. “Maknae-ah, you want to go that bad?” Sunggyu asked, concerned. Sungjong then nodded his head excitedly with a wide, hopeful smile planted on his face.

With that, they all went into Sunggyu’s room.     

“Okay, firstly, we’ll put ourselves in groups.” Hoya tapped a finger on his chin, “Good idea.” Woohyun snapped his fingers. “I want to be with my Yeol.” Myungsoo ran to Sungyeol and sat beside him with a grin mixed up with a smirk. “And I’m sure that we’ll be going to the hotel.” Myungsoo smirked. “Myung!” Sungyeol smacked Myungsoo’s arm. “Guys, You better stop that!” Dongwoo massaged his forehead. Infinite then cracked up to laughter.

“Okay, two people in one group.” Woohyun stated. But, “I want to be alone.” Sunggyu said. All eyes went to look at him. “You guys know why.” He looked out through the window. Hoya sighed. “Hyung, what if she found you? You know... she’s on of our managers too.” Sungyeol bit his lower lip. “Yeah, Mirae noona is our manager.” Sungjong nodded. “She’ll not know.” Then Sunggyu went out.

 

The group was:

Myungyeol,
Woojong,
Yadong,
and the individual Gyu.

**

You were putting on your hand lotion on your... duhh, hands.

“You got a call! You got a call!” your ringtone alarmed. You then quickly ran to the bathroom to wash the lotion off your hands, well... you applied too much of it. You got back into your room. You looked on on the caller ID, ‘Mr. Kang’.

“Hello?”
“Is Infinite with you?” he asked.
“No. Why?” you still couldn’t get the hint.
“Oh man. I think they escaped, again!” The ahjussi gasped.

“WHAT?!” with that you immediately hung up and called your uncle, the real manager of Infinite. “Why isn’t he answering?!” You panicked. “They’re Idols, they can’t do this kind of event AGAIN!” you cried to yourself. You then remembered Sunggyu. “I hate him!” You threw your pillow on the floor. But deep inside, you knew that you still loved him.

You then changed to your hoodie and shorts. You got out of your room, putting on your slippers while holding onto the front door. “Mom, I’m going out!” you shouted.

 “Wait!” Your mom ran to you. “Today is your birthday! Where are you going?” She asked. “I know, mom. Infinite escaped, again.” You rolled your eyes. “Well, today’s 28th April. They may be celebrating Sunggyu’s birthday!” Realizing that your mom mentioned Sunggyu, she gasped. “I’m sorry.” She shakily smiled to you. “Mom, if they’re going to celebrate it, they would’ve told me or uncle or the other managers.” Your gaze softened. “Tsk, blame my stupid brother for getting you a job like this. You should quit soon.” She patted your shoulder. “Don’t worry, mom. ‘Cause I won’t.” You winked then ran out of your house. “Aigoo... that girl,” Your mom chuckled then locked the door.

Before getting on a cab, you have got to think where Sunggyu likes to go. Oh, Rose Mall! You thought. You then remembered,

You and Sunggyu were swinging your hands back and forth. Your hand brushed with his. He stopped walking. You looked at him, startled of the sudden motion. “What?” “Let’s just hold hands.” Sunggyu picked your hand up then put it into his. “Like this.” He smiled. You blushed.

You looked on your watch. “Sunggyu-ssi, it’s getting late. We should go home by now.” You bit your lower lip. “Isn’t it the 28th of April tomorrow?” He asked.

“We should celebrate our birthdays together.” He winked to you then dragged you to an ice cream parlor. He let go of your hand. You frowned a bit.

“Choose one or two flavor.” The ahjumma smiled to you and Sunggyu. “For a couple like you two... you should just share.” She laughed. You blushed. “We will.” Sunggyu grinned then put an arm on your shoulders. “Ahjumeoni, D-don’t underestimate us! W-we’re just f-friends...” You pushed Sunggyu away. Sunggyu frowned. “I don’t know if I should believe that or... not?” She teased. “Just give us two cones, ahjummeoni.” Sunggyu warmly smiled to the seller. You gave him a glare and looked away.

“Here,” Sunggyu handed you the ice cream. “I don’t want it!” You pouted. “Jelly much?” He teased. “You then playfully hit his chest and laughed. Sunggyu then laughed along. “Ring!” Sunggyu’s alarm went on. “It’s twelve!” He said excitedly. “It is.” You smiled while looking at your watch. “Let’s go to Rose Mall!” he grabbed your hand. “What? Why?” You tilted your head. “Rose Mall is my no. 1 favorite.” He smiled.

Droplets of water hit your skin and you went back to reality. You managed to hold your tears in.

 You started to realize that it was raining. Luckily, you were wearing your hoodie.

You pulled the hood up onto your head and started to run to the nearest bus stop.

Finally, you got into a cab... instead of a bus.

“Ahjussi, you know the famous Rose Mall, right?” you asked. The driver nodded. “Where is it? I can’t remember anymore.” You rubbed the back of your neck in embarrassment.

“Wow, agassi. The mall was closed weeks ago until now and forever.” The driver chuckled. “You still want to go there?”  The driver asked. “Of course.” You smiled. The driver shook his head and chuckled, “Must be in a hurry, agassi?” You smiled, “I don’t know.” Then you drifted off to sleep.

“Agassi, you can get down now.” The driver said. You woke up tiredly and started to rub your eyes like a little child. The driver chuckled. “I don’t think you have to pay.” He stated. You widened your eyes. “My, my. This must’ve been my lucky day!” You cried dramatically.

“Thank you, Ahjussi.” You smiled then got off the cab.

You then remembered the reason you came here. You tried to call Sungjong, he didn’t pick up. The same goes to the other members of Infinite. But, you didn’t try on calling Sunggyu. You were scared.

Sunggyu was walking nearby Rose Mall. Again, he remembered you.

 It’s our day today, he thought. I got her traumatized... On her day, he lowered his head in guilt.

He continued to walk, gazing on the floor. His neck got hurt, so he decided to look up. Once he looked to his side, he saw a familiar figure wearing a hoodie and shorts. Could the figure be you?

He was right.

You were trying to call Hoya, but he did the same as before; refused to pick your call. Frustrated, you let out a high pitched sigh. “They won’t pick up.” A voice spoke. You turned your head to your side and saw Sunggyu. Your eyes widened. You tried to run away, but tripped on your own shoe. “AH!”

“You okay?!” Sunggyu panicked. “D-don’t come near me!” You tried to get up, too. But you couldn’t. Your ankle got hurt.

“I-I’m s-sorry.” He stepped forward.

 “If you didn’t go to that girlfriend of yours... we could a-at least save o-our baby.” You stuttered a little. He stopped,

“Oh Mirae, Jieun is not my girlfriend!” He yelled in anger. “And I didn’t know you were pregnant... B-because of me!” he looked away in guilty.

“Jerk!” You yelled. You hit his leg, and started to cry. He clutched onto his leg and groaned in pain.

 “You don’t know how painful it was! The doctor said that I lost too much blood that he had to transfer someone else’s blood into me!” You exclaimed in between sobs. He got on his knees and tried hugging you. “Let me go!” You shook your body.

He let you go with a frustrated sigh.

 He loved you a lot.

As you were crying you remembered a history, again.

You were not feeling very well because of your pregnancy. You were out from a bakery shop. Well, to buy you and Sunggyu’s cake. You saved money just to buy one medium sized cake. You then had this urge to puke again. “Oh, my baby.” You rolled your eyes then quickly went to the nearest toilet.

You arrived in Infinite’s dorm. You then told Infinite except for Sunggyu about your pregnancy. But you didn’t tell them who the father is. As always, the congratulated you. “So, where did Sunggyu go?” You smiled to them. “He went out with his girlfriend.” Sungjong said, rolling his eyes. “Jongie!” Hoya slapped the maknae’s arm. “Hey! What’s that for?!” Then they started arguing while you were just standing still, zoning out. Myungsoo and Sungyeol decided to ask you some things. “What’s going on?” Yeol asked. “I don’t know.” You hesitatingly answered. “The baby’s father...” Myung began. “...is Sunggyu Hyung, right?”

 He looked into your eyes. You didn’t answer. Instead, your eyes were tearing up. “Noona,” Myungsoo called.

“I think we should tell her where Hyung is.” Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo. “You go tell her.” Myungsoo nudged.
“You go!”
“No, you go!”
“You!”
“No, you!”

You stood up then walked out of the room. Sungjong and Hoya were still arguing.

“It’s your fault!”
“Not mine, yours!”

You were still thinking about ‘Sunggyu’s girlfriend’, “Is that even true? Ha!” You sarcastically laughed. You were crossing the road. You weren’t looking at the signs anymore.

To make it short, you ended up by getting hit by a car. No, you didn’t die. Your baby died.

You forcefully hit Sunggyu’s chest for the last time and managed to stand up. You walked away shakily, with full of tears.

The sky was getting darker; it was a signal that it is going to rain. “Mirae-ah!” Sunggyu called. “It’s going to rain!” He shouted. “Mirae-ah!” He called again.

You were too embarrassed to look at him again.

“Let’s go home together!”

Your shoulders deflated hearing the words ‘home together.’ “Home together...?” you started to laugh. Tears eagerly jumped out of your eyes.

You killed me, Kim Sunggyu.” You turned to him.

 “You are a murderer.” You whispered, sounding hurt.  “Mirae, I—“

“Hyung, noona!” a voice called. It was Sungjong. “We’re over, Kim Sunggyu. Let’s... just get away from each other’s life and live in peace.” You spat.

Sunggyu was about to say something but you cut him, “Let this be a sad ending for you and me Kim Sunggyu. The day we were born together, is the day we are going to die together too.” You smirked.

Sungjong gasped. “Noona... don’t do this!” he cried. You ignored him. You pulled Sunggyu’s hand. Sunggyu knew what you were planning to do next. He tried getting out of your grip. But he couldn’t. The look in your eyes... He just couldn’t.

You dragged him to the sidewalk, “Final words, Kim Sunggyu?” you asked in tears. “Jung Mirae, I love you...  I still love you, okay?” Sunggyu tried to calm you down. But it was no use, “That won’t stop me from doing anything but don’t worry, there’ll be no pain.” You smiled.

A car could be seen from the end of the road.

 “It’s time.” You loosen your strength on his hand. But then you quickly dragged him to the middle of the road with a strong force and...  

BANG!

Sungjong had called the other members of Infinite. But it was too late. Both you and Sunggyu were already on the ground, laying there with blood surrounding you.

Sungjong gasped and turned to the others, “What are you doing?! Call the ambulance now!”

**

Beep, beep, beep, beep...

You slowly opened your eyes and turned to your side. Sungjong was sitting on a chair and Myungsoo standing beside him.

“Sunggyu...” you mumbled. “Where is Sunggyu?!” you cried.

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo. Myungsoo had his head hung low. You furrowed your brows, “Why aren’t you answering me?” Sungjong opened his mouth to say something, but Myungsoo blocked his mouth. “Sunggyu hyung is...” then Myungsoo stopped as someone barged into the room. “Sungjong, Myungsoo... Gyu hyung is.... he’s dying!” Hoya panicked. Your eyes widened, “W... What do you mean?!”

You rushed out of the hospital bed. Myungsoo stopped you, “Noona, you must rest!” he yelled.

You let out a tear, “No... I must see Sunggyu...” you became weak. “I regret this... all...”

The door then opened once again. It was Dongwoo. “Sunggyu hyung...” he paused. “... He passed away.” He then gripped onto the door for support. “Dongwoo hyung!” Sungjong ran over to Dongwoo.

“NO!” you cried. “No Sunggyu, no!” You cried again. You clutched on your chest, sobbing like crazy. You turned to Myungsoo and grabbed his shoulders, “Bring him back to life...” you said, searching his eyes with your red eyes.

Myungsoo stood still, not knowing what to do. Hoya put your hands back down, “Noona...” but you wouldn’t stop. “I SAID BRING KIM SUNGGYU BACK TO LIFE!” You yelled and hit Hoya on his chest multiple times.

“This is going to be a long day...” Sungjong shook his head.

3 years later.

“Hey, did you hear?” a student asked his friend. “Hear what?” His friend asked back. “There’s going to be a new solo singer. I heard she’s pretty,” the student giggled. His friend nodded, “The one named Future right?” he asked. The student nodded, “I heard she dances too.”
“I heard she was once Infinite’s manager.”

A girl student came into the conversation with pouted lips. “Awh my Minji, don’t be sad... Jaehee oppa is always here for you,” Jaehee pinched her cheeks. Minji sighed, “I just miss Sunggyu oppa...” she said. Jaehee frowned, “Oho! You have me and you’re thinking about another guy?” he sounded sad. Minji chuckled, “I love you,” she said and pecked his lips.

You; who were secretly listening to their talk, sighed. “I’m going to have my debut soon, Sunggyu-ssi.” You looked up on the sky. “Wish me luck.” You smiled.

**

“Hey Mirae!” a voice called. You turned around to see Woohyun waving at you. “Woohyun-ssi!” you approached him.

“Come on, we’re getting late for the movie!” he hurried. “Are the others coming too?” you asked, walking to Woohyun’s car. Woohyun opened the car door, “Nope, ‘cause a date’s just for two.” He winked at you. You chuckled, “Yeah, yeah whatever,” you went into the car. Woohyun closed the door and went to the other side of the car.

 Don’t worry Sunggyu hyung; I’ll take a good care of her. He smiled, looking up on the sky before getting into the car.

With that, he drove off to have a date with you...

******************

- milkyapple

Thanks for viewing. 
Subscribe and comment. 

:-*