Final

The Spring Party [Oneshot]

"Beeeepppp...." The bell rang, releasing the students for the weekend. 

You exit your English class and walked towards the Math department as you were supposed to meet your friends there and film your English project about Romeo&Juliet after school today at the park. 

As you reached the Math department with your friend EunYoung you saw Kim Jonghyun standing with one of his friends Minho talking to your sunbae JaeHyung. 

You've had a crush on Jonghyun ever since the beginning of the year. The way he smiles, how he's always so nice towards anyone, the way he cares about other people, and the way he just makes you laugh and how he cares so much about education makes you so attracted to him. You first saw him during Freshman orientation in the beginning of the year, and the way he smiles and laughs while talking to his friends made your heart skip a beat and right then, you knew you just fell for him.

However, you knew you wouldn't have a chance with Jonghyun for, you were a freshman in high school this year and he....he's already senior this year. But, that didn't stop you from becoming friends with him. 

You two officially met during one of your community service volunteer days. Luckily, Jonghyun was volunteering as well, and you two officially were introduced to each other and became friends. 

As you waited near the Math department with EunYoung your friend SeuBin came up to you. She's also part of your filming group for your English project. Ten minutes have passed and almost half of your friends are still not there.

All of a sudden Jonghyun came up to you.

"OH! Sol Ah are you going to the Spring party tonight?" Jonghyun asked while smiling at you.

"Uhmm I don't know, I still have to ask permission and I have to film tonight. Besides, I don't have a ride there." You replied sadly.

"Well...he can give you a ride!" Your friend SeuBin butted in happily somehow knowing that Jonghyun can drive. 

"Yeah! Sol Ah, I can give you a ride if you want." Jonghyun smiled at you hoping you would say yes. 

"Oh thanks! I still have to ask permission though, but can I get your number just in case I can go?" You asked trying not to show your excitement as you were finally getting Kim Jonghyun's number after the longest time. 

"Oh yeah sure here..." Jonghyun replied as he typed in his number onto your smartphone. 

"Well...I have to film soon for my English project, I'll text or call you if I can go!" And you left for the park. 

....

After almost two hours of filming at the park. You finally called your Mom to ask if you can go to the Spring party. You nervous if she's gonna ask how you're gonna get there told her that Kim Jonghyun is your sunbae, and more like an "older brother' kind rather than telling the truth. After what felt like an eternity of interrogation, she finally let you go to the party and right after you finished talking to your Mom, Kim Jonghyun then started to call you. 

"AHH WHAT DO I DO?! DO I PICK UP?!" You asked EunYoung.

"Yeah just go pick it up it might be important!" EunYoung replied.

"H---hello?" You stuttered as you picked up the phone. 

"Oh hi Sol Ah. I was just wondering, are you gonna go to the party tonight?" Jonghyun asked.

"Oh yeah, yeah I was just about to text you. Uhmm is it okay if you give me a ride to the party though?" You asked hoping he would say yes.

"Yeah sure no problem. Can I get your address?"

"Oh ok, it's....." And with that you hanged up and hurried to get home to dress appropriately for the party. 

After 15 minutes of getting ready, you finally texted Jonghyun and told him you'll be ready. He replied with "Okay, be there in 20 minutes (:" 

You squealed with the sudden reality that you two are actually going to a party together. And moreover, you're riding with him....in his car!

You quickly put on your simple but elegant wedges and also your cardigan and waited for Jonghyun to pick you up.

After what really was 20 minutes, the door bell rang. Trying to fix yourself some more in the mirror, quickly reached for the door.

A simple, but cute Jonghyun appeard on your doorstep. With a blue tie matched with a button up shirt and a blue cardigan Jonghyun looked handsome than ever. 

"You look beautiful tonight Sol Ah." Jonghyun complimented you.

"Thanks. You look great as well." You returned his phrase.

"So shall we go?" 

You nodded and followed Jonghyun to his small, but comfortable car. It was a Honda. Two doors, with tinted windows and it is very noticeable that he takes care of it a lot, for the inside was really clean and neat. 

As you buckled your seatbelt, he gave you a Hi-Chew and you smilingly took it and started to eat the Japanese candy. 

You reached the venue for the party in no time. You two got off the car and entered the already fully packed room with a lot of familiar faces. 

You went in line for the food and Jonghyun quickly saw his friend Minho and went towards him, while you saw your friends JiNa and HaYoung and went with them.

As you went to get food with your friends, you three quickly scanned the room for any tables available. But to your dismay, all of them were occupied. Jonghyun then saw you three standing still looking for chairs and offered his seat for you and your friend JiNa. He scooted down so that you were sitting next to him and his cardigan was placed on your chair, since that was originally his chair before he gave it to you. 

As you finished eating the Spaghetti dinner music started playing. You stayed with your friend JiNa since you weren't really a dancing person. As a group of people started to form in the middle of the room, dancing, laughing and having fun. You and JiNa saw your other friend MiNa and just talked with her. 

After almost an hour of dancing, your friends MiNa and JiNa disappeared and you were left in a corner by yourself. All of a sudden a slow dance song came up and you caught Jonghyun looking at you. All of a sudden, out of awkwardness you looked at him and said "Forever alone!" And he smiled, and started walking towards you.

His smile melted your heart and once again made you forget what breathing was.

He took your hand and dragged you in the middle of the almost empty dance floor. 

"Wh-wha-what are we doing?" You asked.

"We're gonna dance." Jonghyun calmed you down.

He then took your hands and put it around his neck and he placed his hands on your waist. 

You so shocked of the given reality stiffened as Jonghyun was actually slowdancing with you.

"Relax, just...just don't think about anything. It's just the two of us for now." Jonghyun whispered in your ear. 

You looked him in the eye, and his warm stare and his soft looking lips reassured you, and you rested your head on his shoulder. You two were the only people slowdancing on the dance floor, and Jonghyun hugged you even tighter and for once...you two felt like the only people in the world. And for once, you felt loved, and you felt like Jonghyun is the one for you. 

After the song ended, Jonghyun still kept hugging you. And, it was soon getting awkward, and so you had to let go of his warm embrace and you gave him a warm loving smile. 

He smiled back and he then asked you "Do you wanna go now?" 

You nodded and you two left the party.

It was already late at night, but to you, you didn't want this night to end. Not now, not ever.

As you and Jonghyun were driving towards your home, he then asked you to sing for him. 

"But...I can't sing." You replied meekly trying not to let Jonghyun hear your mediocre voice. 

"It's okay, it's just the two of us. Don't worry." Jonghyun once again assured you with is warm smile. 

"I guess I'll try then..." You replied and sang Joseph Vincent's If You Stay. 

As you two reached your neighborhood, Jonghyun then parked his car infront of a nearby park.

"Let's go..." As Jonghyun unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Wh-where are we going?" You asked confused.

"What else? We're gonna look at the stars." Jonghyun smiled and went to the trunk of the car to get a blanket.

You then proceeded to follow him to a nearby hill and watched him ran to the area like a little kid going to a park for the first time.

You watched him laid down on the cold grass as you finally set the blanket down.

You laid down on the blanket  and told him "Here, lay down on the blanket so you won't  get cold." 

Jonghyun obeyed your order and laid down on the warm fuzzy blanket.

"Ugh why didn't you bring your jacket you'll get pneumonia!" You told him worried.

"Haha it's okay, I'm fine. But, aren't you cold? I mean, you are wearing a dress." Jonghyun asked looking at you.

"Nah, I'm fine I've got my warm fuzzy jacket." You assured him, pointing to your jacket you have received for Christmas a year ago. 

Right then, Jonghyun scooted closer towards you. "I'm gonna put my hand in your jacket." He told you and felt the fuzziness of your jacket.

Thump, thump, thump your heart started to race faster and faster every second.

All of a sudden, Jonghyun laid down by your heart listening to your heartbeat while hugging you. 

"Your heartbeat....it's....it's different, but I like it that way." Jonghyun said while still listening listening to your heartbeat.

You shocked of what just happened, just petted his soft hair and hugged him back as well. 

After staying like that for awhile Jonghyun finally scooted away from you and he made you hug him instead. You two stayed like that for the longest time and continued looking at the stars.

You then looked up at him and he started pinching your cheeks and making fun of them for being fat. He then hugged you tighter in his arms and talked about the future with you. You two started pretending to crush stars and just remained like that for what seemed like forever to you.

However, time goes on and the time for you to be dropped home came near. As Jonghyun dropped you off infront of your house, you thanked him for giving you a ride home and hugged him casually. Although as much as you wanted to kiss him, you didn't wanna seem too fast and you might never know Jonghyun's feelings as well. 

And it all started...with the Spring party.