KRIS/CHANYEOL/BAEKHYUN.

EXOnovella

 

Prompt: The eyes that see everything.

Setting: EXO, SM-Town

Pairing: Krisyeol, Baekyeol.

Rating: NC-14

Summary: He knows where the eye of the storm lies.

Author’s notes: Let’s guess who is the “he” in the story! Nyahahahahahahaha, fulfilling a prompt by yuuna92 because I think it would be quite interesting to write about the love-triangle between Kris, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. WOHOHOHO, I hope my readers enjoy and comment and also lemme know what do you think about my novellas. 

 

 

 

 

 

He knows everything. He really does, even when everyone thought he knows nothing, but everyone knows nothing. He could tell that they really did know nothing about what’s going on because there were no hints to pick up from. However, he sees everything, no matter how hard the people involved tries to keep it hidden from roving eyes. And because he sees everything, he knows that this is a storm in the brewing phase and once it becomes a full-fledged storm, EXO will bear the brunt of the damage caused by it.

 

 

 

 

He notices the crestfallen way Baekhyun would always observe Chanyeol while he would pick up a long-distance call from China, from Kris. Chanyeol always has to excuse himself to whisper sweet nothings to Kris and when he comes back into the practice room after the short break, he was positively glowing with the lovey-dovey aura around him that instantly attracts all kinds of teases from the rest of EXO-K.

 

“What did Krissy-hyung say again?” Kai scoots himself closer to the blushing Chanyeol and shoulders him in the chest. (the height difference was that obvious)

 

Chanyeol answers in a flurry of words and Baekhyun, if possible, looks more crestfallen than before.

 

 

He also notices the way Baekhyun would look longingly at Chanyeol and Kris when the former runs and envelopes the latter in his long arms and they both stare deeply into each other’s eyes when M gets to come back to Korea and reunite with K, where they will be EXO again.

 

 

He would also notice the way Baekhyun spies on Chanyeol and Kris, constantly breaking inside when he sees Chanyeol kissing Kris when they thought no one would notice. Chanyeol would sneak a kiss in the column of Kris’ neck, in the shell of Kris’ ear and a peck on Kris’ thin lips. Kris would also whisper sweet remarks in Chanyeol’s ear (they were about the same in height so it makes everything very convenient) and also tonguing the conch of Chanyeol’s ear.

 

 

 

 

 

He would know that EXO knows that Chanyeol and Kris are a couple and they would wish for Chanyeol and Kris to last forever, happily and in love, like Kai and Luhan were. However, he also knows that they do not know that the Chanyeol-Kris couple is very much different when compared to the Kai-Luhan couple. Because unlike Kai and Luhan, who are totally in love with each other that they could not even let anyone get in between them, Chanyeol has a dirty secret that he keeps wholeheartedly away from Kris’ knowledge. And that dirty little secret starts with a letter B.

 

 

 

 

It was an eventful night the first time he sees Baekhyun and Chanyeol together in one bed and under the sheets. They cuddled together and drifted off to a peaceful slumber right after their bed-rolling activities, with Chanyeol spotting red eyes and tear streaks safely tugged away in Baekhyun’s arms. That was the night that M flew back to China and they were notified by their manager-hyungs that M would not be coming back to Korea for at least another three whole months. It was supposed to be a normal occurrence now, with M flying back and forth and EXO not being whole until SM-TOWN or certain huge concerts.

 

 

 

He thus talks to Baekhyun during their vocal practice (they often have practices together, without the rest of K around) about it and immediately sees Baekhyun breaking down right in front of his very eyes.

 

He whimpered pathetically while crumbling to his knees during their break, “please…please keep this a secret. I am the one at fault here. I shouldn’t have made use of Chanyeol’s longing for Kris to do this…”

 

He then pulls Beakhyun into a comforting hug, thinking that nothing of that sort would happen ever again because he knows Baekhyun has self-control and would not abuse it to jeopardize Chanyeol and Kris’ relationship and the entire EXO.

 

 

 

 

But he was wrong. Very wrong. Because he overhead Baekhyun and Chanyeol again this one fateful night. It was wrong to eavesdrop but he convinces himself that it is his responsibility to care for the members and he should stop this lewd relationship from developing further. Until he hears Chanyeol sighs, “Kris…”

 

 

He approaches Baekhyun again, during their vocal practice, and pulls him aside to confirm his suspicions.

 

“He needs me, he needs comfort…” Baekhyun pleads with him.

 

“That’s not the right thing to do. The first time it happened, it was your mistake because you took advantage of Chanyeol’s misery. I’ve always known that you are in love with Chanyeol. But Baek. You should stop this. He’s using you because he misses Kris and you’re using him. It’s not going to last and imagine the disaster when the secret breaks.”

 

Baekhyun breaks down into tears, heaving and crying with all his might at the burden of this secret. He knows that he would always remain as Chanyeol’s dirty little secret. He knows that Chanyeol is only going to him for because he misses Kris. He dies a little inside, everytime when Chanyeol calls out for Kris while he is ing into him.

 

“I didn’t know what to do. You should have seen how he was behaving when he is out of public’s eye and when the rest of K retires into the night. Chanyeol is losing himself as he thinks of Kris faraway in China and this long distance relationship…it’s taking a toll on him,” Baekhyun pleads while he sniffs as more tears flow, “I could only offer this as comfort, I don’t know what else to do.”

 

 

He pulls the crying Baekhyun into his arms for comfort.

 

“Pabo,” he chided, “why are you offering him comfort at the expense of yourself?”

 

Baekhyun cries harder.

 

“There are others around, if only you could open your eyes to see and not allow your entire vision to be only filled by Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

He could only watch in despair as Baekhyun slowly fades and dies inside with each passing day. He could only watch as Baekhyun dies a little bit more when M returns to Korea and Kris and Chanyeol are happily reunited.

 

 

It was becoming uncontrollable, the anger and the indignanation, because Chanyeol’s joy was built on Baekhyun’s suffering. He feels the blood pounding in his ears as he watches Chanyeol happily cuddling with Kris while Baekhyun is silent and offering only fake smiles, smiles that wouldn’t reach his eyes, to the fellow members of M.

 

And when Baekhyun spots him clenching his fist, he glares at him with a silent message – “Don’t do anything or I’ll personally throw you into hell.”

 

And he relaxes his hands because Baekhyun was everything to him.

 

Yes, he is undeniably in love with Baekhyun, since the beginning of time.

 

And Baekhyun doesn’t deserve this.

 

 

 

-

FIN.

-

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s notes: It's no longer a triangle, it's a square.

Any guess on who is “he”? :) this chapter doesn’t contain any mature—like really mature—contents right? I hope not. HAHA, I hope the rating’s safe? Enjoy and comment :) I love reading them :) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comment replies:

 

@Noriko1:Thanks for loving the Kaihan novella :) here’s a Krisyeol/Baekyeol one. Tell me how is it yeah? :)

 

@likelee:Thanks for the compliments on my writing :D I’m so glad that you loved the Kaihan :) I might decide to write a sequel to it since Luhan didn’t end up with Kai? I’m not really sure at the moment but if you love Kaihan, then please watch out for it :) YOU MADE MY DAY WITH THIS COMMENT OF YOURS TOOOOOO. IT’S PRECCCIIIOUUUSSS~ <3<3<3

 

@Mayumijade: OT3 SEKAILU. Sounds scandalous. HAHAHAHA, thanks for loving all my novellas :) here’s a new one, though the OT3 is KrisYeolHyun :P I’ll definitely write more Kaihan in the future :) because they are soooo precious :)