TAO/KRIS.

EXOnovella

Title: What Is Love (2/?)

Prompt: Metal

Setting: Fantasy AU

Pairing: Taoris; Kristao

Rating: NC-14

Summary: The world is split into different factions: the elementals, the gods, the immortals and the demons. In which Kris is a dragonlord and Tao is presented to him as a spoil of war.

Author’s note: I APOLOGISE FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY but uni was horrid and my holidays were spent overseas and internet was horrible. SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!!! /bows ninety degrees/ requests are still on and prompt requests as well so feel free to leave it in the comments box :D thanks for being patient :D

 

 

 

 

Clad in his usual black clothes, he pulled the fabric closer to himself as the wind howled strongly while he sat on the summit. As he stared at the chain of mountains joining from summit to summit, he sighed. What beautiful views, how long has he left to enjoy it?

 

The light beside him shimmered and the wind stuttered, as if blowing into an invisible obstacle. Slowly, the light shimmered brighter and became a solid form of an old man with snow white hair and a long fragile beard that swayed gently in the wind.

 

“You’re here,” Tao spoke with a gentle voice void of warmth. It was as if he didn’t need the old man to be here.

 

“Do you realize what are you doing and what kind of game you’re playing at?” the old man spoke.

 

“Yes.”

 

“And? You still continued with it. You could have just left and lead a better life. But no, you chose not to. You chose instead to turn time around just to save him, is it worth it?”

 

Tao turned away from the beautiful scenery and looked straight into the old man’s golden unforgiving eyes. The coldness and anger in his eyes did not go unnoticed by the old man.

 

“What about you? You’re a god, and why are you meddling in a mere elemental’s affairs? I mean after all Kris is just a dragonlord, a mere immortal. Why did you allow him,” Tao paused, burning tears gathering in his eyes, he could feel his entire body heating up with anger, anguish and indignation, “why did you allow him….to…to rip out his heart?”

 

Then tears started falling, burning trails onto his cheeks and that reminded him of the horrid scene he had witnessed. Kris bounded…the hand approaching his chest and entered it effortlessly before pulling out the heart—the chrome heart—stained with blood and dropping it onto the bloody field. The heart thumped its final beat. Kris roaring for the last time shaking the heavens. His roar ringing in his ears nearly shattering his ear drums. The light died in Kris’ deep eyes. Tao closed his eyes in despair.

 

“Kid,” the god knelt down beside the weeping Tao, “do you love him?”

 

Tao turned to look at him through his tears. Then he snorted in disdain, “What is love? You didn’t believe Kris when he went to save me in the God’s Jungle. You gods think that he was there after the treasure hidden in the God’s Jungle. You didn’t believe that love will conquer the chrome heart. You didn’t believe in love.”

 

There was nothing in his eyes and tone but ridicule. It was getting harder and harder for him to exert effort to showcase extreme emotions. He could feel his heart stuttering weakly and the energy seeping from his body.

 

“I love him,” he sighed into the wind, “and he loves me.”

 

The god strengthened his hold on Tao’s shoulders, “Then I’ll help you.”

 

“Soon I won’t be seeing such sceneries anymore, I have nothing left to offer.”

 

“It’s okay, your love for him will do.”

 

 

 

 

 

That night Tao laid in Kris’ embrace, his head resting on Kris’ strong chest and his ear right at the cavity which stored his heart.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

His heart beats strongly with vigour. Each thump was steady and filled with energy. Tao subconsciously compares it with his heartbeat. In contrast, his was weakening and stuttering. He could feel Kris’ long fingers running along the length of his spine caressing every curve and hollow. Tao feels slightly ticklish but endures the gentle caress.

 

“Tao,” Kris’ deep voice shattered the silence of the room, “where were you today?”

 

Tao detached himself from Kris’ embrace and supported himself with his hands supporting his weight on Kris’ chest. He stared deep into Kris’ eyes, his dark feline eyes meeting Kris’ calculating and deep ones. It might be one of the last nights where he gets to see Kris like this.

 

“I was just wandering around the mountains that are situated around yours and your palace, walking around and admiring the view.” he answers in a calm voice.

 

Silence hung in the air after his answer. There was a certain finality to Tao’s answer. It was so tangible that it becomes hard for Kris to ignore. And when he saw the finality and the faraway look in Tao’s eyes, he starts to feel something he thought he would never feel.

 

Fear.

 

The fear of losing someone was new to him. Yet Kris feels innately that this emotion was somehow familiar to him deep in the depths of his core. Was his memory playing tricks on him? He has been having certain flashes of events which disoriented him. Because in those brief snippets, Kris somehow knew Tao from somewhere and he was also intimate with him. They were happy?

 

Then he feels a slight dull pain, like someone punched him lightly on his heart. He brought his hands immediately to his chest, feeling the strong heart beating underneath skin and muscles and bones. The heart should be alright, right?

 

He then brought his hands up to caress Tao’s porcelain face, admiring his beauty. Since when did Tao become someone of so much importance to him? This feeling was new to him. The dragon never understood feelings ever since he’s gotten the chrome heart. And that’s what that made him legendary. Because dragons aren’t supposed to feel. That was the only way to ensure that Kris becomes the strongest dragonlord, strong enough even to threaten the gods. Dragons were just supposed to be volatile, greedy and treasure-loving creatures. But lately, Kris can longer justify his actions and feelings to convince himself that his gestures, his emotions towards Tao were just a dragon lusting after a rare treasure. And those snippets. What did they mean?

 

“Tao,” his voice deepened and became huskier, “who exactly are you?” his fingers sliding down his face as his grip tightens slightly—strong enough to hold but not enough to hurt. Tao was like an enigma, appearing in his life and stirring up waves in his emotionless heart. This beautiful elemental…

 

“I’m yours,” Tao whispered into Kris’ ears and kisses him after that. It wasn’t an illusion, Kris felt the chrome heart—his heart—skip a beat.

 

The night was young, they were young. The curtains fall around the poster bed to shield the two embracing bodies in a gentle pearly glow, away from the bright luminous pearls lighting up the room. It was beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

A loud sonorous laughter broke the silence in the great hall and it resonated far and wide. Tao was surprised to hear such a hearty laughter after being in the study room for so long. He put down the medical books he had in hand before slowly making his way out into the great hall.

 

“Tao!” Kris called heartily, “I’ve wiped out the entire den of that irritating tiger spirit hahahahahahaha!”

 

He then walked forward in great strides to pull the gentle man into his embrace.

 

“It’s good to know,” Tao spoke gently in a very calm voice, as if it wasn’t surprising that the dragon went to get rid of the tiger spirit that used to disturb the areas around his mountain to snatch Kris’ valuable treasures.

 

“No one,” Kris breathed deep into Tao’s neck, “can ever take anything away from me. The Tiger spirit’s demise shall be a warning to those who try to challenge my authority.”

 

Tao pressed a kiss onto Kris’ lips before detaching himself from the Dragonlord.

 

“Are you happy for me?”

 

“I truly am,” Tao replied and the corners of his lips were tilting upwards to form a smile.

 

Kris was happy despite him knowing that Tao was trying hard to smile. But as compared to the emotionless state he was first in when he saw Kris, Kris knew Tao was trying his hardest to accept his killing ways. It is difficult to love one who pillages and kills. But Kris is a dragon and it’s his nature. Euphoria filled his heart—which he didn’t know he was able to feel this nature of euphoria—upon seeing Tao’s smile. He was accepting him. Slowly but surely.

 

And when Tao left to treat the injured, Kris was shocked by the multitude of emotions he was feeling because Tao was accepting him? Can he really assume that? After all, it’s the first smile he’s seeing that Tao is giving him after he wiped out an entire village.

 

Kris palmed his chest where his heart laid.

 

What is this feeling?

 

 

-

 

Comment replies:

 

@WuYeol90:  yeaps hahahaha, actually I didn't wanna make it really clear who was 'he'.

so i've decided it's either suho or d.o :) 

 

@gokulex59: thanks for the comment and the compliments on my writing :D

i am glad you enjoyed my xiuhan :D

do continue to enjoy the other pieces as well or you wanna request for any pairings?

hahahaha romantic Hunhan i don't really fancy it tooooo yay /highfive/

bromance hunhan i won't mind though :D

 

@batmansidekick: thanks for loving the xiuhan story :D

 

@SPYelmo: thanks for loving the laychen story hohoho :D

they are amongst my fave pairings :D

any other pairings that you like? :D

ahahahah! yeah Kris died :( but more of the story comes in this chapt, please enjoy :D

 

@Be_Burnt: thanks for the comment :D

yeah, i  was listening to Moves Like Jagger and this image suddenly came into my mind hohoho

glad you loved my Laychen too :D they are one of my fav pairings :D

but there are soooo little of them on asianfanfics so i wrote to satisfy my feels :D

feel free to request :D

 

 

@xezrei: heyhey! thanks for liking the xiuhan :D

yeaps,  xiumin can top :D