CHAPTER 1

Losing You

 

Hyunseung thought it was unfair. It was unfair that he was suffering too much. He was the one who gave up everything – he gave up for them – and yet he was the one suffering… again.

 

 

The doe-eyed boy clenched the invitation as he took a seat on the couch of his home.

 

 

Hyunseung didn’t even bother reading the contents of the invitation. What’s the use if it will only give him pain? So he just placed it inside his pockets, took a deep breath, and as he exhaled, tears finally flowed out.

 

 

---

 

 

Hyunseung was seven when he met Doojoon.

 

 

He was at the park at that time, playing with his little sister. He was busy pushing the swing when he noticed a small boy at the bench, fiddling with a toy robot.

 

 

“Geurim-ah,” Hyunseung said to his sister, “wait here, okay? I’ll be back.”

 

 

Hyunseung left Geurim and ran up to the bench. Hyunseung was surprised to find the boy on the bench was crying. The boy was so fragile, so vulnerable, sp broken that Hyunseung couldn’t help his tears.

 

 

“W-why are you crying?” The boy sniffed. Hyunseung blinked ‘cause he didn’t realize that he was already in front of the boy..

 

 

“B-because you w-were crying.” Hyunseung sobbed, sitting next to the boy.

 

 

The other boy stared at Hyunseung and chuckled, wiping his snot with his wrist, “babo.”

 

 

Hyunseung glared at the other boy through his tears.

 

 

The boy just smiled and pulled Hyunseung into a hug.

 

 

“Babo.”

 

 

---

 

 

Hyunseung chuckled bitterly.

 

 

Babo.

 

 

That’s what he really is.

 

 

Hyunseung stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine from his cabinet.

 

 

He poured himself a glass of wine and downed it all in one gulp.

 

 

“Babo.” He said softly, a sad smile on his face.

 

 

---

 

 

“Why were you crying, anyway?” Hyunseung asked while combing his hand through Geurim’s hair.

 

 

An hour had already passed since they met, they already introduced each other and they were still at the park. Both boys were sitting on the bench as Geurim slept on Hyunseung’s lap. They had finally calmed down.

 

 

“My best friend left me.” Doojoon said softly, staring at the toy robot in his hand.

 

 

“What!” Hyunseung exclaimed, “what kind of best friend leaves his bestest friend? That’s so mean!”

 

 

“No! It’s not like that,” Doojoon defended, “It’s not his fault that they had to leave.”

 

 

“Oh. Sorry.” Hyunseung said sheepishly, “why did he leave tho?”

 

 

Doojoon shrugged, “something about his father getting a better job or something.”

 

 

“Oh. Where?”

 

 

“America.”

 

 

Hyunseung thought for a while, wondering how far America is.

 

 

“That’s far.” Hyunseung said even though he didn’t know where America really is.

 

 

“Yeah,” Doojoon agreed, “and he’ll be gone for years.”

 

 

Hyunseung placed his small hand on Doojoon’s back, “hey, at least he’ll be back for you, right?”

 

 

Doojoon smiled brightly then, “uh-huh.”

 

 

“What’s his name?”

 

 

“Junnie!” Doojoon shouted and then winced when Geurim squirmed on Hyunseung’s lap. “Sorry.”

 

 

“It’s alright,” Hyunseung giggled, “so his name is Junnie?”

 

 

Doojoon nodded enthusiastically, “yeah! He’s the best!”

 

 

---

 

 

Hyunseung knows that Junhyung is the best. Will always be the best.

 

 

Hyunseung knows this.

 

 

Because Junhyung was, is, will always be the best – the only one – for Hyunseung.

 

 

---

 

 

Ever since that day, Hyunseung and Doojoon were inseparable. They did everything together, they were always together and they were really close since they had the same age.

 

 

“You’re my other best friend.” Doojoon said while staring at the clouds outside Hyunseung’s house.

 

 

Hyunseung snorted, “You’re my only best friend.”

 

 

---

 

 

Doojoon will always be Hyunseung’s best friend. Just like Junhyung, who will always be the only one for Hyunseung.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : EXPERIMENTAL CHAPTER ONE . TT__TT And sorry, there's no DooSeung in this story. Oh, this story is full of flashbacks. And this is not yet beta'd by my Unnie, so sorry for the mistakes ><

Comments and subscription is/are/whatever  ♥♥♥