1

[ONE-SHOT] Yes? No!

 

Today is a new day for you. After 5 years living in London, you can finally live in your hometown, Busan; Korea, again. You were too excited for school, you didn't even bother to have breakfast. When you reached inside the school building, you met the principle while the other students ready for their lesson.
 
"Settle down class!" the teacher, Miss Sunye raised her voice but soft to her students who's talking, laughing and yelling at each other. "Everyone silent please!"
 
They all stopped what they're doing.
 
"Thank you." she smile. "Well.. welcome back to school from our one week holiday. I supposed you've done your homework that I've given on last last Thursday right?"
 
The students looks at each other, whispering and mumbling that they didn't remember any homework that was given before the holiday. Miss Sunye sighed and tell them to be quite again.
 
"From what I see, most of you haven't done at all. So I'm going-"
 
She stopped when someone called out,"Miss, my homework is done." he waved his paper with a grin. Miss Sunye walks towards his table and checked the paper. By her delighted smile, he felt proud.
 
"Very good, Pyo Jihoon." she said and went back to her desk.
 
Most of the guys gives him a dirty look while the girls that's near his row stared at him as if he's an angel. Pyo Jihoon is a smart student with smart look and respectful but he can still look all tough and cool when he's with his so-called gang.
 
"Excuse me?"
 
Everyone looked at the doorway. You finally found your classroom after meeting with the principle."Is this class 9B?" you asked, just to checked if you were in the right place. Sweating, your excitement suddenly flew away.
 
Miss Sunye walks to you and said,"Yes it is. Who are you again?"
 
"Oh.. umm.. this is from the principle." you handed her a small paper. Miss Sunye took and read it."Oh! We've got ourself a new student!" she announced which cause attention from the students.
 
"N-neh.." you stuttered.
 
Miss Sunye smile and said,"Come in and and introduce yourself." You looked at her then to your new classmates in horror."N-now?" you croaked which cause everyone except Miss Sunye sniggered.
 
"Yes dear." she nodded."Go on then."
 
You swallowed your saliva and slowly walks your way to the middle, infront of the class."Annyeonghaseyo.." you bowed your head."Im your new student, Kwon Shasha imnida. Please take care of me well."
 
The girls whispered at each other as they looked at you and the boys wasn't paying attention much. You thought the class were kinda rude but you just hide the feeling by smiling.
 
"Nice to have you here, Shasha." said Miss Sunye."Now where should you sit..." she said as she looks around. The only empty seats were at the very back but Miss Sunye thought you might need a company so she found one empty seat at Jihoon's table."Ah.. you can sit next to Pyo Jihoon."
 
Most of the girls gasped.
 
You blinked at your teacher,"Which one's Pyo Jihoon?"
 
The guys snorted and one of them said,"Is she blind?"
 
You flinched at his word but try to ignore it. Miss Sunye points to him and you thanked her before taking your seats next to your new partner. The truth, you were never comfortable around boys since you only close with girls in all your life. Sitting next to Jihoon is like sitting next to a kidnapper for you. You didn't dare to look at him and smile and then start introducing like you always do when you moved to a new school but just focused on what Miss Sunye's teaching now.
 
Since you're a new student, you don't have books or paper or pencilcase. The only stuff you brought is a pen. Jihoon feels bad so he push his book to the middle and gave you a spare paper to write notes. "You're welcome." he whispered even though you didn't even said the word thank you.
 
Smiling, you did what the other students are doing.
 
 
The bells gone for lunch. Without a minute, the class were already empty. Jihoon were packing his stuff while you want to continue with your work since you can't find a friend yet and Korean high school is big new thing for you.
 
Jihoon walks his way to the door but stopped when he realised you were still in your seats, writing notes. He walks to you and poke your shoulder,"Hey."
 
You jumped at his deep voice and look up,"Y-yes?"
 
"Aren't you going to go eat? Its lunch." he said and you shook your head."Kenchana.. I'll just stay here." you give him a smile and continue writing.
 
"I can company you if you like." he said again but you shook your head without looking. He sighed and reads your notes then chuckled at your bad hangul writing. You turn your head at him,"What are you laughing at?"
 
"Ahni.. it's just.. your writing-"
 
You cut him off,"I know. But I tried." you shrugged and continue again. Jihoon didn't get the meaning by 'I tried' so he took a chair, spins it around and sit opposite of you."What do you mean you tried? You never wrote in hangul before?" he asked.
 
"Not just that. I can't even understand it too." you muttered.
 
"Wae?"
 
You looked at him and said,"I just moved here. Moved back in Korea."
 
"Jinjjayo?" his eyes widened."Where did you live before then?"
 
"London."
 
Jihoon were amazed. He always dream to visit London. Well mostly all over England."Daebak.." he said between his breath."Hey, shall we hang out more often so you could maybe tell me more about London and I could teach you hangul."
 
You scoffed,"Thank you but no thanks." Because of the guys in your class were full of jerks even though they looked all smart, you thought Jihoon was one of them too.
 
"Why? I'm the brainiac in here y'know." he confessed. You raised your eyebrow at him and let out a small chuckle."Whatever. But still no. My parents can just teach me."
 
"You serious?" he said. You stared at him in confused. Now it's him who scoffed,"Babe, parents's teaching can cause you big stressed. Believe me."
 
"So not true. My mum always teach me and I don't even feel any stressed. And what's with the babe?!"
 
Jihoon smirked,"So if I teach you, you won't feel any stressed too?"
 
"Yes. I mean no! I mean- ugh just go have your lunch will you?!"
 
"Ha! You just said yes!" he pointed at you. You slapped his hand away,"Can you go away? I need to finish this!"
 
"Want me to buy food for you?"
 
"No."
 
"Yes?" he said as if he didn't hear you.
 
"No!"
 
"Oh you said yes." he stood up."Okay I'll go-"
 
"I said no you ing !" you shouted in proper english then cover your mouth when you realised what you just said. Jihoon raised his eyebrow,"What did you just say?"
 
You shook your head and looked down,"Ah-ahni.."
 
"Kwon.."
 
You stayed silent as you bit your lower lip. Without noticing, you felt hot breath, a nose touching your ear."I thought you were innocent than a ." he whispered, in fluent English.
 
You tilt your head, suprise at what you suddenly heard.
 
Jihoon smirk."I'm going to tell Miss Sunye that you said bad words to me." he said like a little kid but still have that cool smirk on his lip.
 
You shot up."You wouldn't."
 
He nodded."I am. Bye bye." he wave at you and took a few steps to the door but stopped when a hand on his wrist.
 
You, who actually thought he's not joking, almost sobbing."Please dont. I-I'm sorry okay. I won't say it again. Please. I don't want a warning letter to my parents from the principle on my first day here." you begged in a low tone.
 
"Then you have to buy me a snack so I could forgive you." he said, almost laughing inside.
 
"Yes! I will! I will buy it now!"
 
"Great." he remove your hand and put it in his hand with a smile. "We should go then." then pull you out from classroom to the staircase. Suddenly he stopped and said,"There's no such thing as warning letter in this school, babo."
 
You jaw-dropped and tried to remove his hand away but he holds it tighter and continue walking his way to the canteen with his dorky laughter at his successful plan.