Nightmare.

Nightmare [One-Shot]

I felt a bit light headed. My eyes were begging me to close them. They stung like tears that wouldn’t flow out. I tried to rub them awake but it only made them sting more. I gave up and decided to slip under the warm blanket of comfort. Without hesitation, I closed my eyes.

I felt my muscles loosen as my vision transferred into a misty black color. Just as I let my mind wander into the endless paths of imagination, I was hit with a feeling. I could feel a simple and sharp sting of fear drilling through the muscles of my body. My muscles tightened and tensed. I felt my head swing around to look behind me to only find my heart beat faster.

Thoughts, they were all lost and jumbled. I couldn’t sort out what to feel, what to do, what to think. I started to run, running as fast as my legs could let me. Its face was blurred but I could tell it was a man. A scary man, I ran as fast as I could. I was frightened from beyond, my muscles were so tense that it was painful.

My breathing soon became painful and torturous but I knew I had to get away. I couldn’t control anything. What was going to happen next? The floating images wouldn’t leave my mind. He appeared in the corner of the street. He appeared behind a tree. He appeared behind a window.

My voice was lost, my mind was a mess. I knew he was a bad person. He wasn’t doing anything threatening. But I knew I didn’t want to get to close to him. In fact, I wanted to escape. What was I afraid of? Was it his presence? Was it his appearance? Who is he? Who is he that I have to run away from him?

I run into doors, using my strength to push doors open. I escaped into a large group of people into the middle of the mall. I was feeling even more frightened. Was it because that I didn’t know his exact whereabouts?

I run deeper and deeper into the mall. I was afraid that he could be any one of those people. He could have been beside me or following me from behind in that crowd. Stop, stop thinking about that and instead concentrate.

I just need to escape!

I run faster when I found a path. I could feel my muscles tightening up again, my lungs hurt and I felt like my ribcage was shrinking, suppressing all my organs into a tight and compacted pace. Run faster, you have no time! He’ll catch up to you!

My feet were numb, I ran into a building, and just as I entered the door. My surroundings changed. I was in a dark room. I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I covered my mouth quickly when I realized that he could have been following me and he could have found me. I slowly and quietly paced around the blackness. I tried my hardest to breathe quietly but all the running didn’t help my heart slow down and also to add on the fear as well.

I felt my back pressed against the coldness of the cement wall. I knew at least I was close to the entrance. “I can see you,” He said. I shivered in fear, my eyes moistened and I could feel the cold tears slide down my cheeks. His voice was so malicious. I pressed my back hard against the wall but the feel of the cold and rough cement started to disappear. I gasped and felt around the darkness to see if the wall had moved.

I slid my feet quietly around to find something to cling onto. “Please… let this end,” I thought. “I told you. You shouldn’t have ran away,” I flinched and knew immediately that the man was right behind me. The dark room lightened up and I saw his face. My first instinct was to run but as soon as I turned my back his hand grabbed my arm and twisted it around. I scream, my voice projecting and echoing into the distance.

Changmin! Stop! Please let me go!” I cried. He whipped my body around so I faced him. His eyes glared violently into my soul. I felt my body numb from any fear. His eyes, they were so sharp. I choked from the tears and the lump in my throat. I could feel my muscles tighten some more and the control I had over my body was gone. I was stuck in that position, I was stuck in front of him. The tears blurred my vision to the point that I couldn’t make out his face. “You shouldn’t have ran,” He repeated himself. My eyes widened when I saw a flash of something shiny under the dim light. And in a flash I felt the metal drive deep into my chest. I gasp and my hands clenched around his wrist tightly. I was slowly losing energy from the immense pain. He stuck the sharp coldness deeper into my ribcage. My body fall limp but my mind was still semi-conscious. “You shouldn’t have done that,” He said and dragged my lifeless body by the knife.

"You wouldn't have ended up this way," Were the last words I hear before my world blackened.