Mazes

Tulips and Roses

 

 

 

“You sure today is a good day?” I look at up Suho suspiciously.

“Yeah, I think it’s going to be a great day,” he winks at me and I can see through that mischievous smile of his.

“Oook if you say so,” I bend over to pick up the silver metal bucket, knowing he had something in mind. I stand up and glare over at him, but he ignores me. He picks the dead petals on the yellow roses and walk his way over to Chen, who hard at work.   

“Hey Chen,” Suho stands in front of Chen and his large autumn colored bouquet.

“What?” Chen doesn’t look up from his work. His eyes are tense and his fingers are probably scratched from the thorns and jagged leaves.

“Go with her please,” Suho finally looks over at me and I stop dead in my tracks – thankful I didn’t make it all the way over to the table. But I feel my heart beat louder and louder.

“She’s gonna need some company,” he smiles grimly at me then back at Chen. 

 

I really wanted to throw the bucket at Suho.

 

“Sure,” Chen finally steps away from the bouquet he’s working on. He dusts his hands off and I watch him walk towards me, each step making me swallow hard.

“You ready?” he squats a bit to meet me at eye level, hands on my shoulder.

“Yeah,” I take exhale.

“Take your time!” Suho says now playing with the Chen’s bouquet.

“HEY! Keep your hands off her!” Chen shoots at Suho, eyes deadly darting at Suho’s stupid face.

“I would never lay a hand on her!” he plays dumb, smiling in innocence with his hands raised to his sides.

“Right,” I glare at him, already frustrated.

“Well,” Suho leaves the bouquet, “take your time," he hushes us to the back door, "business's looking kinda slow today.” 

“Ok just don’t get mad if it starts to get busy,” Chen chuckles, looking back at Suho.

“Yeah Suho,” I continue to stare at him, trying not to make it obvious to Chen that I wanted to hurt Suho.

"Nah I can handle it," Suho cheeses. "Now go," he pushes once more. 

“Come on,” Chen grabs my hand out the back door, as Suho waves bye in a wicked manner.

 

Soooo we drive and drive and drive and drive and i play with the handle of the silver bucket to keep busy from looking at Chen.

 

“My door’s stuck,” I try to push it open but no movement.

“No it’s not,” he quickly unbuckles his belt. He reaches over me and I get a huge swift of his scent – fresh & manly. “It’s not stuck,” he tries to push the door open.  

“You never fixed the childlock did you?” I sit back as his body is still hovering over mine and I pray he wouldn’t be able to heart my heart racing.

“Yes,” he turns to look me in the eyes, and his face is merely inches from mine. How didn’t vomit was a miracle!! “I did unlock it,” he pushes once more.

 

But nothing happens. 

 

“So you didn’t fix it did you?” I ask once more but Chen’s already out of the car. I watch him walk in front of the car, his skinny frame in a hurry. He stands outside of the window, just waiting for a few seconds.

“Chen?” I knock on the window, wondering what he’s doing.

“Oh right,” he smiles and I just shake my head at his silliness.

“Your highness,” he places a hand in front of me after he opens the door.

“Thank you,” I blush, taking his hand.

“Where to first?” he pulls me out of the car in a royal manner, eye smile beaming on his face.

“Anywhere you like,” I smile, really hoping he would let go of my hand as it made me feel like I was going to BURST!

 

We walked through the herb garden looking and smelling all the different herbs.

“Oh rosemary smells good,” he places a bushel of leaves in front of my face.

“Yes Chen,” I laugh. “It smells good.”

And as we continued through the herb garden Chen tried to make a rosemary halo which didn’t work out too well. ^^

 

Chen lead us to the tulip fields next, and as we got lost, we also found the water lily pond in which he was also not very successful with skipping rocks. He quickly forgot his failure when he saw the rose garden. Chen loved roses – “most precious flower of them all” he tell me over and over again.

“You should make some artificial ones, with like multiple colors.”

“Nah,” he shakes his head and his eyes become tense again. “They’re fine the way they are.”

“Right,” I felt like slapping myself – ofc he doesn’t want to make artificial ones that’s why he thinks their super precious and that’s why a lot of his bouquets contain at least 2 roses and I even remember him telling me this once and now I just feel sooo –

“For you,” his eyes soften and he places a red rose behind my ear.

“Oh,” I freeze, not expecting this endeavor of his. “Thank you.”

“It looks good like that.”

“Ha, thanks,” I grab it out of my hair, “But I’ll just leave it in the bucket.”

“Hey that was for you,” he acts offended.

“Its still mine,” I answer placing the flower in our bucket. “But I just don’t want to wear it on my ear.”

“OMG,” Chen starts to laugh.

“Um yeah….” I say confused as hell.

“Come here,” he pulls me close. “Sorry,” he uses his thumb to my right temple. “A little scratch.”

“Its ok not a lot of blood.”

“Yeah…”

 

Chen stops suddenly.

 

“What is it?” I look up at him but his eyes are looking straight behind me. “Chen?” I turn around.

“A maze,” he smiles at me, eyes glowing.

“Maze?” My eyes suddenly widened at its sight.

“Yup.”

“You serious?” I gulp.

“Come and find me!” his skinny frame takes off into the maze entrance.

“CHEN!!!! You’re gonna get lost!” Ok I was really afraid I would get lost. But like an idiot I run after him – what was I thinking!!!

 

“Chen!” I call his name, but all I see green. “Chen!” I start to freak out a little. “Chen?” my steps become slower as the bushes surrounding me all look the same – I mean they are all GREEN!

“Chen?” I ask but there’s no answer. I could feel my chest beating worse than when Chen held my hand earlier and I could feel the sweat slowly collecting on my forehead and my hands starting to shake and –

“BOOOO!” Chen grabs me from out of nowhere.

“OMG! Chen you bastard!” I hold onto my chest, exhaling loudly. “You scared me!” I hit him on the chest,

“I’m sorry,” he laughs, his hands holding onto my forearms.

“You really scared me!” I push him away. I walk the other way, covering my face, trying to catch my nerves and ease my shakiness.

“I’m sorry,” he quickly grabs onto my shoulder. He turns me around and I knew that he was squatting down a bit, looking me eye level even though I was still covering my face.

“I’m really sorry,” He pulls a hand off my face. “How are you feeling now?” genuine concern covers his face.

“Yeah um just a little freaked out,” I exhale, and he pulls me into a hug which doesn’t make me feel any better!

“Awww don’t be scared,” he chuckles softly, eye smile showing again.

“LKSJDLKFJD!!!” we hear the thunder crackle loudly above.

“I’m going to kill Suho,” the anxiety leaves my body and annoyance starts to set in again.  

“Hahhaha why?” Chen says, always light hearted.

“He forgot to tell us that it was going to rain this afternoon.”

“Yeah lets hurry then.”

“What do you mean hurry?” our bucket of flowers was not a bucket of flowers, merely a 10 tulip bucket/7 rose bucket and on top of that, our car was on the other side of the floral park!

“Run?” he says questionably with a smile on his face.

“Really?” I feel large droplets of water begin to fall.

“You better run!” he slowly begins to chase me.

“Really?” I cover the top of my head with my hands.

“Yes really,” he speeds up.

“Chen what the hell!?!?!” I laugh at the creepy face he makes running towards me.

“I’m gonna get you!” he laughs as the rain came down harder.

“AHHH!” I run – again there was nothing but green. “CHEN!!!” I turn around but he was gone. OMG OMG OMG I start to freak out. “CHEN!” I look in all directions, nothing but green walls of the bushes.

 

And then something hit me on the tummy. I look down at the brown goo on my stomach.

 

“CHEN! I’m gonna kill you!!!!” I spot him through one of the bushes. WHERE THE HELL DID HE GET MUD!!?!?!! I look for a puddle and collected as much mud as I could and followed behind him.

“That was an accident!” he yells out, and now the rain was falling even harder.

“Sure,” I follow after him as he keeps running.

“It was!!!” he looks back at me, large smile on his face – he knows he’s anything but innocent.

“CHEN WATCH OUT!” I yelled but it was too late, he ran into the statue. My first thought was ahahhahah!! Payback and secondly, why is there a statue in the maze???

“Ow, ow, ow, ow,” he says lying on his back, body flat and spread open.

“You ok?” I kneel at his side laughing.

“Yeah, just an owie,” I pull him into a sitting position and he slouches.

“Where?” I ask.

“Here,” he points to his forehead.

“Awww here let me help,” I move in closer, pushing his now darker hair out of his face. His eyes were on me the entire time and I almost be nervous if it weren’t for the mud. “HA!!!!” I slap the mud onto his forehead and make a run for it.

“AHHHHH!!!!” his voice loud behind me.

“AHHH!” I have no idea where the hell I’m running to but I just keep going.

"I'M GONNA GET YOU!!!!" his voice drowns out in the rain. 

"NOOOOO!! AHHHH~~!!!" I run even though I have no idea where I’m running to or how I’m going to make it out of this maze without freaking out again.

“GOTCHA!!!!” he catches me from behind, arms around my waist.

“AHHHH! I surrender!” I try to pry his arms off me.

“NEVER!!!” he smudges the mud onto my back then I feel a hand across the top of my chest and neck.

“OMG Chen!” I yell and kick. Chen quickly puts me down. I turn around to slowly face him, the rain still coming down hard.

“Sorry,” he blushes, backing away slowly. I glare at him then charge.  

“AHHHHHH!” I chase closely after him, corning him in the maze after a while.

“Don’t!!!!” he notices the mud in my hand right away. “Please,” he pleads with a cat like smile.  

“What are you gonna do about it huh?” I step closer to him, protecting the mud in my hand from the rain.

 

Chen takes a step closer to me and I am soo glad for all those years of playing softball. He can run but my aim is pretty accurate. I pull my hand up, getting ready to aim as he came closer.

 

Then I froze. Everything froze except the rain.

 

His lips parted from mine and I was still frozen. A simple smile appeared on his face and as I attempt to smile back, the mud got to me first.

 

“CHEN!!!!!” I stuck my leg out, shocked that he would still put mud onto of my head. Next thing I hear is PLOP!

“OMG!” I turn around to find him faced down in the puddle. “OMG,” I laugh as his limp body. I didn’t think I actually tripped him!

“Chen,” I kneel at his side, laughing. “You ok?” I pull him over onto his back.

“No,” he pouts.

“I’m sorry,” I laugh, rolling my head back. “Super sorry.”

“No you’re not,” he just lies there arms crossed and face serious.

“I am.”

“Prove it,” his pout continues, letting the rain fall onto his face.  

“I don’t need to prove anything,” I try to contain the laughter.

“Then you’re not really sorry.”

“Fine,” I sigh.

 

I bend over, feeling brave, and placed a kiss on his lips.

 

“I’m sorry,” I sit back up.

“I don’t think you were sorry enough,” he quickly pulls me back for another kiss, fingers becoming tangled in my wet hair.

 

I leaned over, body slightly frozen but when I realized what was actually happening, I place a hand on his chest and the other into his sharp jaw. I try to relax the best I could and take in this moment. The rain dripping on us, his soft lips pressed against mine, the hold he has on around my neck, the soft breaths he takes in between kisses and then it me!

 

I press my forehead against his with an exhale and a smile.

“What is it?” he says in a whisper.

“Your poor car,” I chuckle, lips lightly touching his.

“It’s ok,” his breathe cool against my face. “You can help me clean it later,” he smiles, wiping away the mud dripping down my forehead onto his and gives me another kiss.