One

Fireworks

 

I take my seat, smoothing the fabric across my legs so that it drapes just so. It almost shimmers, a lovely deep grey shade against the lighting; it is also a stark contrast to my near neon white skin. I run my fingers across it once more, thinking how much I didn't want to wear it because it made me look like a ghost. But in South Korea, pale was pretty so it served the purpose. I knew they were going to perform tonight, and another little smile tugged at the corner of my mouth at the thought.
 
"You're in a good mood tonight." 
 
Jihoon's voice pulls me back to the real world, and I knod a little, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear. "I just feel like smiling," I offer with a little bit of a laugh, "now take some bets with me...who do you think is going to win the most awards tonight?"
 
 
 
"She's got a real pair showing up here with him." Choi Seunghyun said in a low whisper to Jiyong. Their leader didn't reply. Instead he jabbed his elbow at the rapper, to stop him from staring holes in the woman a few rows down from them. Apparently pain meant nothing to him because his gaze didn't move. 
 
 
 
 
"Don't you ever even think of coming near any of us again, ." Seunghyun seethed at the red haired girl, his face mere inches from hers. She shoved his face back hard, and stepped around him towards the door but he was having none of it. He just narrowed his eyes at her, and took a step closer again.
"He might not say his piece to you, but be damned if I won't," the oldest member went on, "you make me sick."
Jana again moved out of his way, and this time Seunghyun snatched her by the arm and shoved her hard against the wall. Youngbae and Seungri instantly were up, trying to pull him away her her voice kept rising with each second. He gave maknae a good push, enough to make him stagger back. Youngbae was still at his shoulder, begging him to calm down.
"Get off me, man! Leave me alone!!"
Seunghyun ignored it all. "I meant what I said." His tone was icy, and by now Jana had tears streaming down her face. She heard someone coming down the stairs and saw that Seungri had hauled to get Jiyong and Daesung. 
"What the is this?!? Hyung!" Jiyong barked, pulling Seunghyun back by the fabric of his shirt along with Youngbae, who proceeded to call him the stupidest person he knew. Her eyes met Daesung's, who quickly looked away.
"You should go." He said in a flat voice. Jana bit the inside of her cheek to keep from shedding more tears. It was pointless. 
 
 
 
 
"Stop staring at her, hyung."
 
Seunghyun heard Daesung's request loud and clear, but he didn't reply. Daesung just sighed, and rubbed his forehead. "Its been like two years," he said, "it isn't even stare-worthy anymore." Daesung hadn't seen her at all since their break up, but he did know about her and Rain. All of Korea knew that much, just like when they were together. 
 
 
 
 
(OMG forgive me, I've had a really evil semester that took every scrap of time I had to get decent grades. Comment and subscribe!)